CertainTeed Corporation is a leading North American manufacturer of building materials including roofing, vinyl and fiber cement siding, trim, fence, railing, decking, foundations, insulation, gypsum, ceilings, and pipe products. Headquartered in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, CertainTeed has approximately 6,000 employees and 65 facilities throughout the United States and Canada.
CertainTeed is a subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the top 100 industrial companies in the world. Saint-Gobain employs approximately 19,000 people in North America and approximately 109,000 people in 64 countries world-wide. Saint-Gobain’s North American companies operate 130 manufacturing facilities in industries as diverse as industrial ceramics and containers, reinforcements and flat glass, abrasives, and building materials
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Labourer/Machine Operator is responsible for assisting in activities throughout the manufacturing plant.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Able to work shifts, including nights and weekends
- Able to perform duties such as shoveling, sweeping, cleaning and lifting
- Experience of driving large forklifts, front end loader, Bobcat, sweepers, etc.
- Able to operate large plant manufacturing equipment as required
- Able to use computers and perform tests on manufactured product
- Must be comfortable with filling in paperwork
- Must be able to interact and work effectively and professionally with all employees and management staff in a team-oriented environment
- Previous team leadership or supervisory experience is desired
- Other duties as required
Minimum grade 12 education, plus the applicant must have successfully completed some type of post secondary education and be a team and customer service oriented individual. He/she must have versatile skills and be able to handle various job tasks and must have leadership qualities.
Interested applicants may forward a one page cover letter and resume outlining their interest and how they feel their background and experience would allow them to contribute to this position to:
CertainTeed Gypsum Canada, Inc.
Email: Please reply to job ad and attach a copy of your resume.
We thank all interest applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.