Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Labourer/Machine Operator is responsible for assisting in activities throughout the manufacturing plant.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Able to work shifts, including nights and weekends
- Able to perform duties such as shoveling, sweeping, cleaning and lifting
- Experience of driving large forklifts, front end loader, Bobcat, sweepers, etc.
- Able to operate large plant manufacturing equipment as required
- Able to use computers and perform tests on manufactured product
- Must be comfortable with filling in paperwork
- Must be able to interact and work effectively and professionally with all employees and management staff in a team-oriented environment
- Previous team leadership or supervisory experience is desired
- Other duties as required
Minimum grade 12 education, plus the applicant must have successfully completed some type of post secondary education and be a team and customer service oriented individual. He/she must have versatile skills and be able to handle various job tasks and must have leadership qualities.
Interested applicants may forward a one page cover letter and resume outlining their interest and how they feel their background and experience would allow them to contribute to this position to:
CertainTeed Gypsum Canada, Inc.
Email: Please reply to the job ad and attach your resume
We thank all interest applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.