Through innovation and creative product design, CertainTeed has helped shape the building products industry for more than 100 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Company, the firm made its slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," which quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is North America's leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, foundations, pipe, insulation, gypsum, ceilings and access covers.
Headquartered in Valley Forge, Pa., CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 7,000 employees and more than 70 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. In 2007 the group had consolidated sales of more than $3 billion.
CertainTeed is a subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, the world's largest supplier of building materials. Based in Paris, Saint-Gobain has more than 207,000 employees worldwide and had sales of $59.5 billion in 2007. The company has approximately 24,000 employees throughout the United States and Canada.
- Provide administrative support to Mine Manager and Mine Supervisor (including schedules, appointments, presentations, communications and union/legal interaction)
- Perform receptionist duties, including radio communication with mine and rail sites, monitor and be responsible for communications systems and office equipment
- Pick up and deliver local mail, coordinate couriers
- Coordinate and prepare local purchase orders for mine purchases.
- Computer support liaison with Central Services for Server back-ups
- Reconcile inventory counts as per documented schedule
- Expedite local payables
- Summarize and enter timecards for hourly payroll
- Resolve payroll / benefit issues
- Process truck and rail shipments for automatic freight payment and carrier report information.
- Invoice rock customers
- Prepare statistical reports for Mine Manager, government and month end
- Other duties as requested by management
BACKGROUND / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post secondary diploma preferably in business or equivalent experience
- Unionized payroll and benefits experience
- Strong administrative and people skills
- Customer Service experience an asset
- Experience with purchasing
- Strong math skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer and data entry experience (Excel, Word, some network experience)
- JD Edwards software experience
Interested candidates should click on the link below and apply directly online.
Please select Reference Code CT9400 in the REF.CODE drop down box and press search. After selecting the Job Title press Apply on the bottom of the page to proceed to the application site.
You will need to register as a new user.
Please Note: Due to the thorough nature of the recruitment process, we appreciate your patience. We thank all interested applicants; only those considered for interviews will be contacted.