Through innovation and creative product design, CertainTeed has helped shape the building products industry for more than 100 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Company, the firm made its slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," which quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, foundations, pipe, insulation, gypsum and ceilings.
CertainTeed Corporation is a leading North American manufacturer of building materials including roofing, vinyl and fiber cement siding, trim, fence, railing, decking, foundations, insulation, gypsum, ceilings, and pipe products. Headquartered in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, CertainTeed has approximately 6,000 employees and 65 facilities throughout the United States and Canada. Through its Vision, Mission, Values and Objectives (VMVO) initiative, CertainTeed strives to be the preferred choice for innovative building products and systems by delivering a superior Customer experience to a broader market through the development of exceptional team performance and world-class processes.
CertainTeed is a subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the top 100 industrial companies in the world. Saint-Gobain employs approximately 19,000 people in North America and approximately 109,000 people in 64 countries world-wide. Saint-Gobain’s North American companies operate 130 manufacturing facilities in industries as diverse as industrial ceramics and containers, reinforcements and flat glass, abrasives, and building materials.
The Maintenance Planner effectively co-ordinates day to day maintenance work plans and parts availability to meet plant equipment availability and spare parts demands. Please note this is a temporary position covering a MAT leave.
- Establish, maintain and improve the Maintenance Planning and Scheduling business flow process.
- Scope the full extent of maintenance work needed to conduct the relevant repair / preventive / predictive / design-out activities on the organization’s plant and equipment.
- Develop cost and time estimates of planned maintenance work.
- Write applicable maintenance procedures that promote defect-free maintenance work quality.
- Responsible for up-keep and accuracy of equipment maintenance history and job records database.
- Responsible for up-keep and accuracy of technical information on processes, plant and equipment.
- Convert the organization’s asset management and maintenance strategy into workplace activities.
- Able and competent in root cause failure analysis and investigations.
- Schedule maintenance work into production plan.
- Analyze maintenance plans for efficiency, timeliness, and relevance.
- Ensure key performance indicators are captured and reported for equipment reliability, maintenance department performance and planning and scheduling business flow process.
- Continually improving planning, scheduling, purchasing, stores, data management and job reporting systems to increase planning effectiveness and efficiency.
- Collaborate with maintenance supervision to schedule manpower and resources for the most effective production and maintenance outcomes.
- Develop opportunity maintenance plans for unplanned production outages.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining, developing and entering machine and part data into computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Preparing and issuing of maintenance work orders, as required.
- Assist with project and shutdown scheduling.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills Required
- Post-secondary degree, preferably a diploma in engineering technology or technical trades background.
- 3-5 years experience in a maintenance function, preferably a planning function in an industrial environment.
- Good working knowledge of a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) such as MP2 or 7i.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs - Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in a unionized work environment is an asset.
Preferred or Desired Qualifications
- Some exposure to Lean manufacturing principles, World Class Manufacturing tools Etc.
- Technical Skill trade certification.
- Responsible for most maintenance purchasing and adhering to budget guidelines.
- Assist with supervision of maintenance employees as required.
- Day shift.
- Limited travel.
- Manufacturing environment.
- Lifting/carrying up to 25Ibs/55kg.
- Frequently sitting and standing for longer periods of times.
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment.
Interested candidates should click on the link below and apply directly online.
Please click on the APPLY NOW button and enter the ID# 511094 in the Job Opening ID box and press search. Press Apply Now on the bottom of the page to proceed to the application site.
You will need to register as a new user.
Please Note: Due to the thorough nature of the recruitment process, we appreciate your patience. We thank all interested applicants; however at this time, we are considering only local candidates who are able to work without employer sponsorship. No agencies or phone calls, please. Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.