Industrial Journeyperson Electrician
CertainTeed Corporation is a leading North American manufacturer of building materials including roofing, vinyl and fiber cement siding, trim, fence, railing, decking, foundations, insulation, gypsum, ceilings, and pipe products. Headquartered in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, CertainTeed has approximately 6,000 employees and 65 facilities throughout the United States and Canada.
CertainTeed is a subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the top 100 industrial companies in the world. Saint-Gobain employs approximately 19,000 people in North America and approximately 109,000 people in 64 countries world-wide. Saint-Gobain’s North American companies operate 130 manufacturing facilities in industries as diverse as industrial ceramics and containers, reinforcements and flat glass, abrasives, and building materials
Job location: Annacis Island
We are looking for an electrician to join our professional maintenance team in a flexible multi-trade work environment within a rapidly developing World Class Manufacturing Initiative. The position involves overtime/extended hours, oral and written communication skills, professionally label equipment, maintain existing drawings, computer skills, and ability to troubleshoot Allen Bradley PLC programming and components. Experience in an industrial manufacturing environment with an outstanding history in safety is required. Will be working with a registered professional engineer in terms of equipment automation on Allen Bradley equipment.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and code specifications for layout and installation of electrical equipment
- Install, repair and replace electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Test electrical and electronic equipment for continuity, current voltage and resistance
- Install, maintain, repair and test switchgears, transformers, switchboard members and regulators
- Install, maintain, repair and test electrical motors, generators, industrial storage batteries, low voltage distribution systems and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial electrical and electronic control systems and devices as well as micro processor-based systems
- Install and maintain communication data systems, emergency stand-by systems, heating, ventilation and climate control systems
- Calibrate instrumentation devices
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
Applicant must have Interprovincial red seal and valid journeyperson electrician license and be a team and customer service oriented individual. He/she must have versatile skills and be able to handle various job tasks and must have leadership qualities.
Interested applicants may forward a one page cover letter and resume outlining their interest and how they feel their background and experience would allow them to contribute to this position to:
CertainTeed Gypsum Canada, Inc.
Email: Please respond to job advertisement and attach resume
We thank all interest applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.