Ceridian Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Risk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 October 2016
You always provide great service to both fellow employees and the public. They always walk away with a smile. Managers and co-workers are always friendly and approachable. Everyone works well together under tight deadlines to make sure things get done. There is a private lunch room as well as a separate games room for some down time.
Pros
Games Room
Great People below the leadership level
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 November 2016
Great people depending on what side of the business you are on, Culture change for legacy is hard and leadership does not seem to care. There are not enough programs to help employees move from legacy to new. Leadership only cares about bottom line, and it is shows in what the customers are getting.
Poor management
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC29 September 2016
Managers play favouritism, and are very inexperienced. Environment is not motivating, call center slowly turning into a sales center. Salary is poor, no advancement. People will stab you in the back, be aware of co workers! Location very inconvenient,
Pros
Cons
Manager, environment, location, pay, zero career advancement
Fun workplace where team work and productivity rules!
Sales Consultant/Payroll & HR Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 July 2016
Great work life balance and work culture.

Great place to learn about sales strategies and how to deal with clients/businesses of various fields.

Management is motivating

Great team players who are constantly helping in day to day learning

Sales quotas and slow sales periods.
Pros
Great team players and incentives for employees
Cons
Sales quotas
Need comprehensive industry experience
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario27 April 2016
Terrific set of principles but basic ethics are you either come with industry knowledge of payroll services or sit on the bench until you become dysfunctional. Beyond that the people carry themselves well but greater professionalism is required to engage new co-workers.
Pros
people carry themselves well
Cons
greater professionalism is required to engage new co-workers
God place to work
Systems Developer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 July 2016
Co-worker is friendly and management is good. Have to be smart to learn new systems and languages. Hardest part of the job is being assigned to remote places and different cities.
Workplace
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON19 February 2016
I have been working within this company since I moved from overseas more than 4 years ago. I have learned a lot and have grown a lot in this company. Started within an industry that was new to me and I was given opportunities to grow and learn different products,deal with customers requests at a level I was not used to. And now, all this is familiar to me so I am really thankful for that.

It has been a good learning along the way and I am ready to learn new. I have been surrounded by knowledgeable colleagues who contributed to my learning process as well.
Today I am looking to relocate and I am willing to consider any offer that you may have.
Amazing Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON5 August 2016
Great work/life balance, Amazing Managers. Lots of room for advancement. Flexible hours. Great salary and benefits.
Excellent
Implementation Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2016
Great work environment, positive culture and exciting growth opportunities. Wonderful work life balance and positive initiative for change
a typical day at work
Triage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 December 2015
You deal with clients over the phone. It is very similar to a crisis hot line. We are an employee assistance program where we make a positive impact on our clients. Take about 30+ calls a day.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Understaffed
Overall a good company.
Small Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga14 June 2015
As a global company, Ceridian is a leader in the workforce management industry. At a micro-level, there is room for improvement within the small business space.

I work with an excellent group of individuals; however, the leadership and changes to the corporate culture over the past 6-12 months has changed the dynamic of the role and it is no longer in-line with the core values of the company.
opportunity to enhance system backgroup techincal skill
Service specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham24 March 2015
Service specialist – Ceridian Canada Inc. (client service – HPL)
Interact daily with customers through telephone, email to re solve, trouble shoot and reconcile all issues associate with Payroll, benefit and Journal Entries in HPL,
 Rewrite the HPL year end check list on the year end guide approved by the year end committee and printed on HPL year end guide.
 create SQL reports (Power query), special tax exemption and garnishment
 Articulate to client how to create and transmit payroll cycle run and off cycle run.
 Reconcile remittance to CRA, WCBs, EHT,CSST, pension, JE & Benefit billing
 Appoint as a member of committee for year end guide, best practise and How to Knowledge Centre projects.
 Explain how to processing US payroll, such how to set up 401K and ensure client meet the year end deadline Jan 31 to submit W2.
productive workplace
Systems Desk Officer (Full - time) (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill29 July 2014
The payroll business that Ceridian does, is on a daily deadline. It can be a stressful day, when production system issues occur or it can be a normal (non-stress)day when the system is running smoothly. I am very content working with my colleagues. Each and everyone of them is an excellent team performer. The hardest part of the job is meeting those daily deadlines. Missing those deadlines would affect an employee receiving their salary pay on time. The most enjoyable part of it is being able to commit to those deadlines and being acknowledged for the effort put into it.
Pros
working hours can be flexible
Cons
working with relatives of the Manager
contract assignment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 September 2013
Typical day at work, take customers call regarding their pay stubs, I learned to update employee profile and and deleting of names.I trained other receptionist, Assist my supervisor to do a massive mail merge hardest part of my job is when I cannot get a hold of a manager and the customer do not want to leave a message and you cannot page, what I usually do to ask if I can put them on hold and physically deliver the message. The best part of my day is when I have to teach co-workers how to use Excel.
Pros
I received lunch voucher for working overtinme to complete a job
Cons
Long overtime to complete a job
Obtained further work experience in another industry
Business/Order Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg23 January 2013
My work experience at Ceridian focused on continuous learning of the payroll industry. A typical day at work - scheduled hours 8 - 4, check the que for payroll orders, process orders in the que (quanitity expected to process 1 - 20 per day - depending on order complexity). Send out e-mail communications to sales reps and division team leads to confirm payroll orders had been booked and commission will be allocated within the booking month. The incomplete procedures required to complete tasks would be the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team members I was fortunate to associate myself with along with the opportunity for further personal growth.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
dept worked was outsourced to the u.s.
Fast paced environment with a commitment to work life balance and competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Manager of Finance (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Mb19 September 2013
Ceridian is focused on growth within the Human Resource field. It is moving to a unified team within North America. It has a strong cultural demographic with great people to work with.
my role
Small Business Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary1 February 2015
Prospect for companies in need of a Ceridian payroll solution. Follow up with leads generated through marketing and ecommerce site. Build relationships with accountants, bankers and other channels.
NA
CUSTOMER SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto30 June 2015
Must be able to keep up to speed with a constantly changing environment. Work life balance is present, good management support.
Good work environment
IWFM Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montreal9 October 2012
Ceridian believe, encourage the development and the well-being of their employees by making a variety of courses and tools accessible
Pros
posibility to work virtual
See Previous review
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg11 February 2015
I completed a review on Ceridian Canada in a previous step, therefore you can use the same review. Overall it was a good place to be employed.