Ceridian Employee Reviews

Overworked, underpaid and not equitable as far as compensation
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 February 2017
I did not enjoy working for them and find them to be badly managed.
Too many managers and few workers.
No work life balance or management support.
The people though were great if fearful.
Difficult yet rewarding for the right person
Small Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 January 2017
hard role however if someone is good in an inside sales capacity this would be an ideal role. It does require a lot of organizational skills and self-planning in order to be successful.
Long hours.
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2017
Very competitive environment.
Training provided.
Ability to shadow senior consultants.
Great facilities.
Great benefits.
Long hours in order to meet deadlines.
Pros
Free lunches. Working from home
Cons
Great People below the leadership level
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 November 2016
Great people depending on what side of the business you are on, Culture change for legacy is hard and leadership does not seem to care. There are not enough programs to help employees move from legacy to new. Leadership only cares about bottom line, and it is shows in what the customers are getting.
Productive and fun place to work
Risk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 October 2016
You always provide great service to both fellow employees and the public. They always walk away with a smile. Managers and co-workers are always friendly and approachable. Everyone works well together under tight deadlines to make sure things get done. There is a private lunch room as well as a separate games room for some down time.
Pros
Games Room
Poor management
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC29 September 2016
Managers play favouritism, and are very inexperienced. Environment is not motivating, call center slowly turning into a sales center. Salary is poor, no advancement. People will stab you in the back, be aware of co workers! Location very inconvenient,
Pros
Cons
Manager, environment, location, pay, zero career advancement
Amazing Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON5 August 2016
Great work/life balance, Amazing Managers. Lots of room for advancement. Flexible hours. Great salary and benefits.
Fun workplace where team work and productivity rules!
Sales Consultant/Payroll & HR Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 July 2016
Great work life balance and work culture.

Great place to learn about sales strategies and how to deal with clients/businesses of various fields.

Management is motivating

Great team players who are constantly helping in day to day learning

Sales quotas and slow sales periods.
Pros
Great team players and incentives for employees
Cons
Sales quotas
God place to work
Systems Developer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 July 2016
Co-worker is friendly and management is good. Have to be smart to learn new systems and languages. Hardest part of the job is being assigned to remote places and different cities.
Excellent
Implementation Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2016
Great work environment, positive culture and exciting growth opportunities. Wonderful work life balance and positive initiative for change
Need comprehensive industry experience
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario27 April 2016
Terrific set of principles but basic ethics are you either come with industry knowledge of payroll services or sit on the bench until you become dysfunctional. Beyond that the people carry themselves well but greater professionalism is required to engage new co-workers.
Pros
people carry themselves well
Cons
greater professionalism is required to engage new co-workers
Workplace
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON19 February 2016
I have been working within this company since I moved from overseas more than 4 years ago. I have learned a lot and have grown a lot in this company. Started within an industry that was new to me and I was given opportunities to grow and learn different products,deal with customers requests at a level I was not used to. And now, all this is familiar to me so I am really thankful for that.

It has been a good learning along the way and I am ready to learn new. I have been surrounded by knowledgeable colleagues who contributed to my learning process as well.
Today I am looking to relocate and I am willing to consider any offer that you may have.
a typical day at work
Triage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 December 2015
You deal with clients over the phone. It is very similar to a crisis hot line. We are an employee assistance program where we make a positive impact on our clients. Take about 30+ calls a day.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Understaffed
NA
CUSTOMER SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto30 June 2015
Must be able to keep up to speed with a constantly changing environment. Work life balance is present, good management support.
Overall a good company.
Small Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga14 June 2015
As a global company, Ceridian is a leader in the workforce management industry. At a micro-level, there is room for improvement within the small business space.

I work with an excellent group of individuals; however, the leadership and changes to the corporate culture over the past 6-12 months has changed the dynamic of the role and it is no longer in-line with the core values of the company.
opportunity to enhance system backgroup techincal skill
Service specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham24 March 2015
Service specialist – Ceridian Canada Inc. (client service – HPL)
Interact daily with customers through telephone, email to re solve, trouble shoot and reconcile all issues associate with Payroll, benefit and Journal Entries in HPL,
 Rewrite the HPL year end check list on the year end guide approved by the year end committee and printed on HPL year end guide.
 create SQL reports (Power query), special tax exemption and garnishment
 Articulate to client how to create and transmit payroll cycle run and off cycle run.
 Reconcile remittance to CRA, WCBs, EHT,CSST, pension, JE & Benefit billing
 Appoint as a member of committee for year end guide, best practise and How to Knowledge Centre projects.
 Explain how to processing US payroll, such how to set up 401K and ensure client meet the year end deadline Jan 31 to submit W2.
See Previous review
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg11 February 2015
I completed a review on Ceridian Canada in a previous step, therefore you can use the same review. Overall it was a good place to be employed.
my role
Small Business Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary1 February 2015
Prospect for companies in need of a Ceridian payroll solution. Follow up with leads generated through marketing and ecommerce site. Build relationships with accountants, bankers and other channels.
Customer Support Specialist
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 January 2015
Working at Ceridian was a great experience and I really enjoyed my job. I supported 3 different payroll software programs and I worked on a team in a queue, handling incoming calls from clients with issues from whatever platform that they were using. Usually it was a walk through, or simple procedures, steps missed. Sometimes corrections needed to be made, and whole payrolls needed to be pulled, corrected and previewed, before they could be run. Aside from the excellent set of customer service skills, you also had to have a sense of timing, what time it was, when runs were going, what time cut-offs were happening, making sure that each and every client had a perfect payroll no matter what the issue was. We always were the front line, and our objective was to resolve everything on the front line, but there were extensive or more serious issues, usually with new users that required our senior team's assistance, and then we would have to know when to escalate. The keys to this position were a friendly manner, exceptional organizational skills, meeting deadlines, a bit of up-selling, some invoicing or billing for additional services and patience.
productive workplace
Systems Desk Officer (Full - time) (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill29 July 2014
The payroll business that Ceridian does, is on a daily deadline. It can be a stressful day, when production system issues occur or it can be a normal (non-stress)day when the system is running smoothly. I am very content working with my colleagues. Each and everyone of them is an excellent team performer. The hardest part of the job is meeting those daily deadlines. Missing those deadlines would affect an employee receiving their salary pay on time. The most enjoyable part of it is being able to commit to those deadlines and being acknowledged for the effort put into it.
Pros
working hours can be flexible
Cons
working with relatives of the Manager