Talented people should work for an employer that appreciates their skills and accomplishments.
Ceridian Recruiting Solutions can introduce you to our top employers!
Reporting to the HR Compensation, Compliance, Operations Leader the position is responsible for administering the “End to End “ processing of payrolls in such a way as to generate profitable turnover and improve the HR Center’s performance. You will be expected to provide an effective and efficient service in Payroll administration. This position oversees the day-to-day payroll function and coordinates the work of the junior payroll clerks.
- Start to End (hire to terminate) full cycle payroll.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of pay, using Ceridian for full-time and part- time employees across Canada.
- Ensuring that proper statutory and voluntary deductions are made.
- Entering employee status and information changes (i.e. pay increases, bonuses, address, benefits, taxable benefits, etc.).
- Responding to internal employee and external agency inquiries.
- Processing employee terminations including determining vacation payout and other statutory payments.
- Preparing Record of Employments within legislated time lines.
- Preparations of T4's, T4A's, RL-1's, and other tax reports and filings.
- Preparing, reviewing, and balancing all related financial reports, including all monthly, quarterly, and year end reports for EHT, WSIB, CSST, T4, T4A, and RL-1.
- Monitoring payroll legislation to ensure compliance to current government and company guidelines.
- Responsible for the secure use of confidential personnel records and employee remuneration information and to ensure these files are up to date.
- Maintaining accurate monthly calculations of benefits for LTD, AD&D, Life Insurance and Dependent Life Insurance for all employees.
Specific Functional/Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- CPM (Certified Payroll Manager)
- Knowledge of accounting, taxation and employment standards pertaining to employees' pay
- The incumbent must be able to utilize computer programs, including Ceridian Payroll Software Insync, and the Microsoft Office Suite, with a high proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- This position requires a thorough understanding of Statutory Deductions, Taxable Benefits, Workers Compensation Legislation, and the ability to educate employees on all matters relating to their T4
Ceridian Recruiting Solutions enables companies to focus on their core business by providing top talent to fulfill temporary, fulltime and permanent vacancies in the areas of Human Resources, Payroll, Finance, Administration, Marketing and Information Technology.
Let the experts at Ceridian help you find a position best suited to your skills and qualifications.
Indeed - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Ceridian Corporation is an information services company principally in the human resource (HR), transportation and retail markets. The...