Talented people should work for an employer that appreciates their skills and accomplishments.
Ceridian Recruiting Solutions can introduce you to our top employers!
Ceridian Recruiting Solutions enables companies to focus on their core business by providing top talent to fulfill temporary, fulltime and permanent vacancies in the areas of Human Resources, Payroll, Finance, Administration, Marketing and Information Technology.
Let the experts at Ceridian help you find a position best suited to your skills and qualifications.
The primary objective of the Payroll Administrator is to provide clerical support for the company’s payroll activities. The Payroll Administrator delivers extraordinary customer service to each employee by inputting and maintaining all employee data, systems administration and process execution. This role also partners with HR Services to support our stores in employee lifecycle changes, and must maintain the confidentiality of the office of Human Resources at all times.
· Provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers
· Manage the accurate and timely processing of payrolls across multiple provinces
· Identify and resolve day to day issues in compliance with Federal and Provincial legislation, as well as company policy/procedures as required (utilizing problem solving and probing skills)
· Responsible for accurate and efficient data entry relating to but not limited to new hires, terminations, salary increases, promotions, and transfers for all employees
· Prepare and distribute reports to internal and external customers
· Balance payroll register with input, audit for accuracy ensuring the validity and integrity of data
· Continually improve existing processes and/or procedures to meet the changing needs of data processing. Prepare and keep up-to-date procedural documentation
· Prepare, balance and reconcile payroll data relating to g/l accounts, year end tax forms, benefit premiums and Workers Compensation
· Process multiple incentive program payments, partner with Total Rewards to reconcile payments
· Exercise sound judgment and discretion in the collection and dissemination of employee information; ensures that highly sensitive, proprietary and confidential information is released only to those authorized
· Prepare communications for internal/external customers, focusing on customer needs
· Perform other duties, as assigned.
Specific Functional/Technical Knowledge and Skills:
· Completion or working towards PCP designation
· Minimum 2 years experience in payroll field
· Intermediate MS Office, specifically in Outlook, Excel and Word
· Detail oriented and skilled in planning, organizing and problem solving
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills
· Bilingualism an asset (french)
· General understanding of compensation programs such as commissions and bonus programs
· Intermediate reconciliation skills
· Embraces continuous change and initiates new ideas
· Working knowledge of legislation across all provinces, understanding privacy and confidentiality
· Displays and practices honesty, integrity and professionalism
All candidates are expected to:
· Be extraordinary
· Drive performance
· Celebrate successes
The measures of success:
· Customer Service
· Quality and Quantity of Work
· Self Initiative