Talented people should work for an employer that appreciates their skills and accomplishments
Ceridian Talent Acquisition Practice can introduce you to our top employers!
PURPOSE / ACCOUNTABILITY
The Payroll & Benefits Manager is responsible for overseeing the accurate and timely production of weekly and bi-weekly payrolls for Canada and the United States using Ceridian’s HR/Payroll Latitude (HPL) software. They are also responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable Federal, Provincial and State Legislation, as well as any applicable Collective Agreements. They are required to oversee all benefit program enrolments and ensure that all employees are reported correctly. They should be able to perform the above with indirect supervision.
- Coordinate and manage the entire payroll function
- Manage and supervise direct reports within the payroll team
- Assist with administering payrolls (month end consolidation and processing support when required)
- Check and audit all payrolls, for accuracy and legislative compliance
- Reporting duties: support internal reporting requirements
- Manage Company benefit programs:
o Canadian: Equitable Life, Desjardins, Solium
o US: Guardian, Excellus/BlueCross, MetLife, ING, Solium
- Complies with Canadian/US federal, state, provincial, and local legal requirements (eg. collective agreements) and keeps updated as to changes by studying existing and new legislation; ensuring adherence to requirements; advising management and staff on needed actions
- Maintains payroll staff requirements through managing employee performance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, HR or Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a management payroll function
- Designation required: Canadian Payroll Management certification
- Solid understanding of payroll systems, labour & fiscal legislation Canada & US
- Proficient with MS Office applications, such as Excel and Word for preparing reports, memos and letters as required
- Proficiency with Ceridian’s HR/Payroll Latitude product
- Experience with a union and non-union environment
Ceridian Talent Acquisition Practice enables companies to focus on their core business by providing top talent to fulfill temporary, fulltime and permanent vacancies in the areas of Human Resources, Payroll, Finance, Administration, Marketing and Information Technology.
Let the experts at Ceridian help you find a position best suited to your skills and qualifications.