The Executive Chef supervises the staff of the kitchen, participates in the training and development of staff, and provides performance appraisals and disciplinary action. The Executive Chef also determines the menu changes, equipment and ingredients that are necessary, and handles special menu requests. He/she manages the kitchen staff in compliance with all health and safety regulations by ensuring adherence to sanitary and safe food handling guidelines at all times. The Executive Chef also answer questions of customers about casino operations and consistently acts to provide a positive image to all customers and Staff Members
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Within the realm of the job, maintains a clean and safe work environment. Performs duties in compliance with safety procedures, which includes use of safety equipment. Incumbents are responsible for following safety procedures, identifying unsafe practices or conditions and informing their supervisor of unsafe conditions, as directed.
- Coach and provide leadership to all the staff of the kitchen, either directly or through the Sous Chef(s) and Chef de Partie(s), ensuring the training and development of staff, providing input for performance, appraisals, and disciplinary action, according to the values and guidelines of Century Casino.
- Ensure consistent food preparation and the highest caliber of food presentation, taking advantage of all opportunities to improve upon both, and ensuring communication to the kitchen staff.
- Recruit, train and develop all kitchen employees.
- Answers questions of customers about Hotel, dining and casino operations and consistently acts to provide a positive image to all customers and staff members.
- Performs all duties with the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Develops, maintains and enhances positive relations with all customers and staff members.
- Wears and maintains all uniforms properly.
- Performs all duties in compliance with the A.G.L.C.
- Alerts Service Manager of any concerns regarding the quality, selection and variety of all food and beverages.
- Complies with established security policies and procedures.
- Monitors restaurant activity and acts to help cooks, as necessary, to ensure for the continuous provision of prompt and courteous service.
- Communicates and cooperates with other department to ensure the highest degree of guest satisfaction.
- Plans and directs the performance of all kitchen operations.
- Ensures that the appearance of the property reflects positively on the company.
- Directs, manages and develops an effective staff. Trains, schedules, rewards and disciplines staff. Develops staff to meet and exceed performance expectations be establishing and maintaining a positive work morale and effective employee relations. Supervises servers and porters if Service Manager or leads are not available.
- Ensures that all kitchen staff wear and maintain all uniforms properly.
- Manages and controls restaurant budgets and takes action as necessary to keep within budgetary requirements.
- Communicates company objectives to vendors for procurement of food.
- Maintains professional contacts with other companies, and industry professionals regarding Restaurant issues.
- Directs the monthly inventory reconciliation of all food. Directs staff in the development of various reports to measure and track restaurant operations.
- Develops Restaurant menus and concepts that can best attract gaming and hotel customers.
- Plans or participates in planning menus, preparing and apportioning foods, and utilizing food surpluses and leftovers.
- Specifies number of servings to be made from any vegetable, meat, beverage, and dessert to control portion costs.
- Supervises non-cooking personnel to ensure cleanliness of kitchen and equipment.
- Supervises Cook and tastes, smells, and observes food to ensure conformance with recipes and appearance standards.
- Meets with professional staff, customers, or client group to resolve menu inconsistencies or to plan menus for special occasions.
- Attends such meeting as required by Casino Management.
- Communicates and maintains performance standards for interaction with quest and manages staff effectively to anticipate, reduce or eliminate guest complaints.
- Performs additional duties and special projects as needed and directed.
- Attendance: reports to work as scheduled, on time, and ready to work.
Please submit resume and cover letter, indicating your salary expectations.