Century 21

Century 21 Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very independent
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), California, MDJune 8, 2014
I make my own day at work, I can do whatever I want while working on the weekend so long as I answer the phones.
Lean about Real Estate
Part Time Salesperson Associate (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 2, 2014
Real Estate day to day work and most enjoyable part of the job is closing and customer satisfied.
Century 21 Dept Store
Dept Manager (Former Employee), Westbury, NYMay 31, 2014
Pros: meet and helping customers
Cons: standing on your feet for long periods of time.
My job consisted of Maintaining Retail floor for Ladies/Accessories/Shoes dept.Customer service, and managing a staff of 13 associates. I was able to releate to customers on a one on one basis. My job meant I was responsible to make sure the the floors was kept clean for customer shopping needs. I was hard because I was on my feet for 12 hrs plus daily. – more... However it was nice to set up the floors with the new merchandise for customer shopping needs. – less
retail/sales
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 30, 2014
Pros: lunches
Cons: unprofessional managers
Typical day was to stock the floors and proceed onto the cash register. Some management was ok.
Workplace requirements
Data entry (Former Employee), Freeport, NYMay 28, 2014
Pros: awesome work enviorment
Cons: closed the office
I opened at 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. I posted ads in the paper for open houses and houses for sale by our listing agents. I also scheduled viewings and did all there filing and data entry. I also hosted open houses for agents receiving an additional commission for doing so.
An environment with great supervisors and team members
Sales/Cashier11 (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 27, 2014
A typical day at Century 21 is handling all types of customers (guests), and ensuring they get what they came for or even more, its all about the customers to me, to ensure they leave the store happy and satisfied and want to come back again and even telling their friends and families about our products and services.
Great commissioned job
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee), Tyler, TXMay 27, 2014
Pros: unlimited income
Cons: little to no one on one training
You basically work for yourself, and your success is dependent upon your efforts, motivation, and determination.
Good Training
Realtor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 26, 2014
Pros: good training and locations
Cons: managment is hit or miss
They offer good training for someone new to real estate. Locations
are good and well spread out for farming.
Productive and Comfortable
Maintainance/Stock (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYMay 22, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: short breaks
Very busy environment , great management and super vision and I work with good team member that were helpful and caring, and the hardest part about the job was doing more than one thing, sometime u would have to multi task, it could be over whelming sometime but I still get the job done. The enjoyable part of the job is that it is a friendly environment.
great
Real Estate Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaMay 19, 2014

REAL ESTATE
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bayport, NYMay 14, 2014
Pros: learning the real estate business
Cons: competative
• Developed and implemented the best possible strategic plan to complete administrative support responsibilities that increase productivity, completion time of assignments, and overall client satisfaction.
• Executed various clerical duties, data entry, and filing legal documents.
• Assembled flyers, shorthand, scheduling, and invoicing.
• Checked on – more... availability of homes and rental properties. – less
Productive and Accountable work place
Shoe Saleswoman Supervisor (Former Employee), Paramus, NJMay 8, 2014
Duties included changing front shelves daily, stocking shoes, writing receipts, working with customer’s service, assisted the cashiers, assisted customers and made daily charts for employers.
ehh
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 8, 2014
Cons: short breaks
Checked out customers. i like what the stand for and there view on customer service. management is so-so not very friendly and alot of favoritism. If you don't kiss up to them you barely exist (with a few exceptions of course). My favorite part was talking to travelers from all around the world. Really nice location close to the pier and get sites.
Great real estate company
Realtor (Current Employee), Del Rio, TXMay 7, 2014
Great real estate company! Set your own schedule, etc. Commission only.
ok work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 5, 2014
it's a busy work place you have to be a fast moving person. the manger was helpful. the most enjoyable part of the job was to meet the different people everyday that came in and out of the store.
i enjoy working
CASHIER (Current Employee), Morristown, NJMay 1, 2014
Pros: good time management
Cons: short breaks
I take the moment to listen to know what my daily task is I even take notes.
I leaned the responsibility as a cashier
how to multitask with guess
how to carry on a positive and productive day
Love it!
Client Service Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, ILMay 1, 2014
I learned so much at this job! I love all my co-workers. I love being able to talk to our clients every day and letting them know the progress of their home that is currently on the market. I market each home individually to best suite their needs and want in their area. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting that call of relief after sitting – more... at the closing table thanking me for my time and effort! – less
Short review for 14 years with Century 21
Realtor (Former Employee), Snohomish, WAApril 30, 2014
Pros: working with the public
Cons: working evenings, weekends
In starting with Century 21 I found that no real estate office trains agents, not even Century 21. You are given a desk if you are lucky I was because the office was very large and had a lot of space. So took as much floor time as I was able to get, floor time is sitting behind a desk at the front door hoping someone walks in wonting to purchase a home – more... or wonts to list a home. Second you get to answers the phone and get any leads that call in when you are on floor I found this to be very good as a new agent my first year just off the floor I made $ 57,000.00 gross I did not have a very large circle of friends or family. The reason I says gross is because you get paid gross less any thing you might have charge on you house account advertising, copies and a couple other things, you have to pay you own taxes etc. Also I found that during floor time it was a great time to do your cold calling which every agent will do anything but cold call but it works. As well you can make flyers and other busy work, mailing like farming I can go on and on. As the years go on my schedule did not change much I stopped doing 5pm to close shift not very many calls or walkins. I also ask the Broker if I could train the new agents because as I stated no traiing and so many agent do not make it that is because no training only 2% of all agent make it. I stayed with Century 21 for the 14 years that I was in real estate I had looked at other offices but the floor was not as good, 50% of my business was floor time even after my first years crazy.

Century 21 also had relocation department that I was appart of and it was nice getting clients with this serve but not really worth the time we had to put in, we had to pay over 50% of are commission to get the client. Putting up with the paper work and sellers and the sellers relocation department when the home is not selling was at time just not
worth the time. They so many times would not let us do what was requied to get the listing sold we would lose the listing not from what we did but because what they would not let us do. And then later give us back the listing and alow us to do what we asked for six months before costing the client thousand.

Having said all that I have said Century 21 is a great company and if and whan I would go back real estate I would consider working with one
of the companies they own. Coldwell Banker, ERA.

During my time with Century 21 my Commissions very from my first year as I said $ 57,000.00 to my best year of $ 350,000.00 from the start my commission just continued to increased year after year even my last year during the crash $ 95,000.00.

Roger – less
Secretarial job
Secretary (Former Employee), Shelton, CTApril 29, 2014
Book keeping, filing, working with computer programs, learned how to do filing in different ways
Real estate
Sales Associate, Realtor (Former Employee), Lafayette Hill, Blue Bell, RoyersfordApril 22, 2014
It is very difficult to make it in this company if you do not have a lot of capitol to invest for the first several years. So be prepared.

About Century 21

Century 21 Department Store is a legendary New York City retailer offering top designer merchandise at incredibly low prices. – Read more