Century 21 Employee Reviews

Real Estate Brokerage That Sets A Gold Standard
Real Estate Representative (Former Employee) –  Bradford, On9 April 2014
Top Notch Brokerage that offers full services to its Salespeople.
Cleaner
MOLLY MAID (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON1 April 2014
I only worked here for a few months before a hip problem made me take time off for a few months.
It was a good company to work for, but some of the clients, students, really needed to learn housekeeping, not just a last minute, my parents are coming type of thing.
Pros
Great coworkers
Great part-time job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK15 March 2014
I worked with a family of 3 and they were by far the greatest people to work with! I was pregnant when I joined them on a part-time basis and they were very accommodating when it came to appointments etc.

My job was answering phones, filing, data entry, and anything else they may have needed help with.
Pros
great hours, great people
Self Employement
Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 March 2014
Being Real Estate Agent is a big learning experience. I enjoyed it for what it was, but mainly the ability to work for myself, price and negotiate estates.
Pros
learning people skills, negotiating
Cons
too long hours
Real Estate Administrator
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lagoon City24 February 2014
Typically the day was spent answering phones and relaying messages to real estate representatives. Greeting walk-in customers and directing them to on duty rep, if no one was in the office I provided them with an information package and business card for the on-duty representative. Preparing all documents related to buying, listing and selling real estate. Compiling data and statistics on local real estate and lists for agents. Keeping the office and listing boards neat and presentable.
Pros
close to home, Nice people to work with
Cons
cold in the winter
negative place to work
RECEPTIONIST/BOOKKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC17 February 2014
Worked from 8-4 hours were great. Enjoy the work
Management was very hard to deal with, would not trust any of us
Got along good with co-workers
The hardest part was not knowing if I could please the manager
I love doing paper work and working with the public
Pros
We could set our hours of work
Cons
Very negative and stresfull place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga22 January 2014
Good place to work and very nice people to work for.
Co-workers a very nice.
Quite workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2014
Typical day at work would be attending phone calls, not much physical movement.
Learned how to operate different many soft-wares, and increased interpersonal skills
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto< ontario9 January 2014
Typical day at work was answering phones, taking messages, setting up appointments with potential/existing clients. Management was excellent they help guide you as an employee which allowed me to further enhance my skills. My co-workers were amazing group of people who made my job fun and productive.
Pros
Getting to work in a positive envoirnment
Cons
There were no cons
excellent place to work, great management, staff and co workers
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 January 2014
flexibility in schedule and income
the staff is fabulous
the management couldn't be better
the most enjoyable part is helping others find that perfect home
the hardest part is being dedicated to what you have to do

the best brokerage I have had the honor of working at
great people
Real Estate Secretary (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 January 2014
The staff were great to work with. The management staff however were not.
Fast-paced, customer service focused, routine based work environment.
Administrative Staff/Reception (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2013
I am constantly on the phone - either directing calls, arranging appointments, paging out messages, or simply assisting in basic inqueries. Phone calls are handled by following certain guidelines and procedures depending on the type of call I am taking; because of this, I am constantly in a routine and everything I do is repetative. The reception where I work at also handles walk-in's and preparing documents for employees, agents/brokers, and management, and other typical administrative duties.

Customer service skill is the bread and butter when working in a front office reception and administration. My years spent working in such - especially in the real estate industry - honed these skills and surpassed the basic level of what is typically practiced and expected. I learnt to anticipate what is needed and what must be done, and deliver results in a professional, polite, and efficient manner - even in the most difficult situations. Emotion is key and controlling it is important, especially when dealing with difficult emotional people. Years of experience gave me the ability to handle it easily and professionally. Working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment gave me the opportunity to develop and improve my skills in multi-tasking and at the same time paying careful attention to details - therefore finding the right balance between quantity and quality in my work performance.

The current management has a good relationship to us support staff. Certain authority is typically practiced and in such a way where it's more on the laid-back spectrum. However,
  more... because of such practice certain issues are not being addressed properly in a sense where there is no follow through; and because of this, there is almost no resolution.

The hardest part of my job here is the fact that there is no real challenges being presented. What is required in my job relies heavily on routine and repetition and it can be easily said that the job lacks real "soul", especially when there is very little new opportunities and challenges being presented. Another factor is the lack of growth within the company. Career-wise, the administration field offers limited opportunity where you can achieve/acquire certain position (supervisor, senior staff, etc...) but nothing further in terms of development.

There is however a positive aspect with this job: the people. We thrive on team work and the good chemistry we've developed help us accomplish the duties and tasks that are expected of us support staff.
Pros
Mostly friendly, easy-going employees.
Cons
Lacking certain amount of authority within management.
Productive workplace with great management
full time realtor (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 November 2013
Productive workplace with great management with a vision of being the best real estate office in London
Pros
Excellent management and co-workers
Very good
Real Estate Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2013
Good company to work with.Sufficient training was provided.It was small company but had a very good working atmosphere.Limitations were only because of one location,but my working experience was wonderfull.
Productive and fun workplace, with great management.
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON8 October 2013
Century 21 is a great company to work for I have worked for the company for 10 years. I am an office administrator duties include: processing offers, sending paperwork to lawyers, answer phones, filing, send commission bills, print off trade record sheets.
Great Company Great Staff
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls Ontario13 September 2013
Scheduling appointments, completing market evaluations
prospecting clients, searching for properties, calling clients
keeping update on the information and real estate updates, loved working with first time buyers, seeing their faces when they get there keys to their new home
Pros
Meeting New people
Cons
Long Hours
Very busy office
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 August 2013
High volume call everyday and very busy office. Made good money but less family time.
maternity leave position - good place to work
Property Secretary (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB8 August 2013
Good work, good place, I was just a fill in for maternity leave.
family atmosphere with focused agents
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE27 June 2013
Overall my experience with Century 21 Colonial Realty has been a positive. The owner/broker is up to date and always available to his agents. The Century 21 brand is recognized worldwide and is in the top agencies in my province.
A typical day at is not typical to any other work. Real estate is truly a rare type of career where you get out exactly what you put in. Everyday is different and can be quite unpredictable.I love every aspect and would like to use my experience and expertise to improve the life of my fellow agents.
Pros
In-house training.
Cons
could use a larger office space
Expérience enrichissant
3mois - Stage (Former Employee) –  Birmingham17 June 2013
Matin : prospection; Après midi : recherche de nouveaux clients; Soir : suivi client.

Le plus difficile dans ce travail était de s'adapter à toutes les situations possibles.

Le plus agréable était les contacts avec les clients, l'aspect relationnel
Pros
Relationnel, challenges

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Century 21. Our community is ready to answer.