Century 21

Century 21 Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Wonderful place to work
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 24, 2014
Pros: make great money
Cons: commission only
This was my favorite job of all time... until 2008.

Nice organization, great coworkers, solid management.
great place to learn and begin career
Skin Care Specialist-Borghese (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 23, 2014
Pros: union
Cons: no-structure, not enough benefits, no room to grow
It is a nice place to gain experience in the industry if you are considering a career in the beauty industry or just beginning. Management is not the best and there is verry little structure. not the best place if your looking for a company to grow with(like I am).
hate it
Cashier/ Sales (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJune 23, 2014
Cons: too much work lil pay
not worth it. too much work lil pay. it only good if you hav more than one job
Busy 8 hour shifts
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 18, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: 30 minute lunch break, constantly picking up clothes off the floor
This place is always busy and you deal with very rude customers and your co workers aren't any different.
I had alot of helpful co-workers and i enjoyed working.
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 17, 2014
Pros: i communicate well with people, love to work.
Cons: n.a
My Typical Day at work would be to clock then look for one of the supervisors that were working in my department that day and ask him where would i be working that day and what would be my task he would then tell me what i had to and i would report to my station and start my work. There wasnt any hard part of the job and i enjoyed every part of my job – more... and my co-workers were very helpful. – less
Fast pace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 15, 2014
A good company to start off at. I was able to learn a lot about retail at this job. I started this job as a minor.
Overworked and Underpayed
Cashier (Former Employee), Bay Ridge, NYJune 10, 2014
Pros: good management, secure locker space, nice hr employees
Cons: get a write up for anything, short breaks, hard to get along with others, little to no culture
There was always a chance you could lose your job. You were asked to do a lot of work and as a chaser you were in charge of a lot of money. For a company that brings in so much, you would expect to get more than the bare minimum. Very uncomfortable environment. Co-workers were unfriendly because they knew they hated their job. Management was tight all – more... the time, though. I had no complaints with CRSuperviors at all. They were all always there to tell you what to do and how to get those VIP sign-ups. – less
Very independent
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), California, MDJune 8, 2014
I make my own day at work, I can do whatever I want while working on the weekend so long as I answer the phones.
Lean about Real Estate
Part Time Salesperson Associate (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 2, 2014
Real Estate day to day work and most enjoyable part of the job is closing and customer satisfied.
Century 21 Dept Store
Dept Manager (Former Employee), Westbury, NYMay 31, 2014
Pros: meet and helping customers
Cons: standing on your feet for long periods of time.
My job consisted of Maintaining Retail floor for Ladies/Accessories/Shoes dept.Customer service, and managing a staff of 13 associates. I was able to releate to customers on a one on one basis. My job meant I was responsible to make sure the the floors was kept clean for customer shopping needs. I was hard because I was on my feet for 12 hrs plus daily. – more... However it was nice to set up the floors with the new merchandise for customer shopping needs. – less
retail/sales
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 30, 2014
Pros: lunches
Cons: unprofessional managers
Typical day was to stock the floors and proceed onto the cash register. Some management was ok.
Workplace requirements
Data entry (Former Employee), Freeport, NYMay 28, 2014
Pros: awesome work enviorment
Cons: closed the office
I opened at 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. I posted ads in the paper for open houses and houses for sale by our listing agents. I also scheduled viewings and did all there filing and data entry. I also hosted open houses for agents receiving an additional commission for doing so.
An environment with great supervisors and team members
Sales/Cashier11 (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 27, 2014
A typical day at Century 21 is handling all types of customers (guests), and ensuring they get what they came for or even more, its all about the customers to me, to ensure they leave the store happy and satisfied and want to come back again and even telling their friends and families about our products and services.
Great commissioned job
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee), Tyler, TXMay 27, 2014
Pros: unlimited income
Cons: little to no one on one training
You basically work for yourself, and your success is dependent upon your efforts, motivation, and determination.
Good Training
Realtor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 26, 2014
Pros: good training and locations
Cons: managment is hit or miss
They offer good training for someone new to real estate. Locations
are good and well spread out for farming.
Productive and Comfortable
Maintainance/Stock (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYMay 22, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: short breaks
Very busy environment , great management and super vision and I work with good team member that were helpful and caring, and the hardest part about the job was doing more than one thing, sometime u would have to multi task, it could be over whelming sometime but I still get the job done. The enjoyable part of the job is that it is a friendly environment.
great
Real Estate Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaMay 19, 2014

REAL ESTATE
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bayport, NYMay 14, 2014
Pros: learning the real estate business
Cons: competative
• Developed and implemented the best possible strategic plan to complete administrative support responsibilities that increase productivity, completion time of assignments, and overall client satisfaction.
• Executed various clerical duties, data entry, and filing legal documents.
• Assembled flyers, shorthand, scheduling, and invoicing.
• Checked on – more... availability of homes and rental properties. – less
Productive and Accountable work place
Shoe Saleswoman Supervisor (Former Employee), Paramus, NJMay 8, 2014
Duties included changing front shelves daily, stocking shoes, writing receipts, working with customer’s service, assisted the cashiers, assisted customers and made daily charts for employers.
ehh
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 8, 2014
Cons: short breaks
Checked out customers. i like what the stand for and there view on customer service. management is so-so not very friendly and alot of favoritism. If you don't kiss up to them you barely exist (with a few exceptions of course). My favorite part was talking to travelers from all around the world. Really nice location close to the pier and get sites.

About Century 21

Century 21 Department Store is a legendary New York City retailer offering top designer merchandise at incredibly low prices. – Read more