Century 21 Employee Reviews

Summary
Executive Assistant to the Owner (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON3 November 2015
I enjoyed all aspects of my position at Century 21 it allowed me to have a fast paced environment that was always changing. My list of responsibilities was large therefore each day had a challenge which I overcame and felt a sense of accomplishment each day.
Great Front Desk Staff
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2015
Number 1 Real Estate brokerage to work at. Hard working and amazing staff. The administration staff makes your day much more easier.
Productive and Fun
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 October 2015
I Love what i do. it is always busy and it helps me to learn alot more each day. The managers and Agents make it easy on us by being friendly and supportive. Co-Workers are amazing always willing to teach and learn.
I learned lots about Real Estate
Senior Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2015
Century 21 Parkland Ltd., Brokerage own Two offices; One in Toronto and the second in Markham. The Toronto Office is the head office, this is the office I work from, because it is closer to where I reside.

Typical day starts at 8:30 a.m. I am responsible for the opening procedures such as: unlocking the office, sorting emails and faxes that came in while the office was closed, processing the answering service messages and appointments, ensuring forms needed to process deals are available.

At 9:00 a.m., when the office is open to the public, I take the phones off call forwarding. My office only books in the appointments for the properties, when the Markham office is on break. At the Toronto office I am responsible for reporting deals to MLS Stratus, Toronto Real Estate Board, and to the Ontario Real Estate Association. Furthermore, I am responsible for an 8 line switch board to direct calls, sort the faxes and emails and they come in. I type up the Agreements of Purchase and Sale, Agreements To Lease and Commercial Agreements until the end of my shift at 4:30 p.m.

What I have learned in this position, since I had come into it with no prior administrative experience, is that time management in this position is necessary to be more than average, with an attention to detail. In the Real Estate business everything this is time oriented. Listings expire, offer presentations can be delayed or pushed up on a whim. Agreements have the irrevocable date and time, and the conditions and clauses of the agreements all vary.

The hardest part of the job is understanding the legality
  more... of the entire Real Estate process. This business is very technical and strict in its own way and Real Estate Agents, from my experience try to bend the rules more often than not, just to get the deal closed. My loyalty falls to the brokerage and not to the Agents, because the brokerage pays my salary and not the agent. Furthermore not only do the Agents get a fine, but so does the brokerage. If the brokerage gets a fine, its because some one in the administrative side processed a deal knowing they bent the rules. Due to this, my co-workers and I sometimes have a rough time getting along with each other, but no incidents have never not smoothed over.  less
Pros
Flexible work shifts and time off as needed.
Cons
Could be much more efficient.
great fishing experience
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Tavernier, QC28 September 2015
Owned and operated this business. Great staff. Repeat customers.
Great owners and workers. Established in 2003. Every day is a new challenge....
Pros
keys
Cons
weather
Excellent!!
Broker (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON11 September 2015
The staff and management team are always there to help! very supportive and knowledgeable. Company is based out of Richmond Hill with 2 new offices (Toronto & North york)
Decent
Real Estate Marketing & Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON26 August 2015
Alright job, nothing too special. Typical administrative office duties if that's your niche.

No room for advancement.
Great place
Regional sales coordinator (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke15 July 2015
Improved communication skills and team management.Was able to excel in sales skills.Co-workers are great.The hardest part is long hours and unexpected calls from clients.
i know is objective
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2015
Real Estate companies work all under same principal,their main client are their agents so the environment is determined by the quality of every individual and their behavior in relation to others
Century 21 The Professional did have an excellent record in organization. communications,public relations and every aspect of the business till our manager and owner became ill and her partner took over and the company despair
Pros
some times
Cons
none till the owner become ill
Good Workplace
Real Estate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON11 June 2015
The office has a friendly and warm work environment.
It was a great experience to work with clients from various demographics.
exacting and demanding
Reception (Former Employee) –  Pembroke ON9 June 2015
front of house, details oriented. Many staff to keep track of. Meeting the public, scheduling staff, some payroll.
Multiple computer programs and office machines used.
Productive, fun and manageable
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 May 2015
While working at Century 21, I learned how to use a new software program on the computer to book and confirm appointments, search property listings. I believe working here is an asset to learning what working in a professional business is like and I am fortunate enough to have been given the opportunity to gain that experience.
Good work place
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga22 April 2015
Working with century 21 is great. Family atmosphere and professional way of work. Every body work as team and help each other.
Amazing company
Office Asst Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 April 2015
I learned the basics of the real estates business, the manager trained me patiently, co-workers are really friendly and easy going.
Don't be fooled...
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON5 March 2015
They will tell you that you are hired as a FULL TIME receptionist, then on your first or second day you will learn you're only doing less than 20 hours a week and see that guess what, they hired a full time receptionist and did not inform you. Employment contract? They know nothing about that. Rate of pay? Guessing game. I resigned after a few shifts because I knew this was not going to lead anywhere further than answering some calls and when there's nobody in the office, you must make cold calls (nowhere did it state that in the job listing). Still haven't received my final pay from them, doubt I ever will.
Management was poor
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 March 2015
Typical day consist of answering telephone and scheduling appointments as well as preparing documents. Staff was friendly, however, upper management did not treat us very nice. Many times i was scolded and verbally put down.
Typical Office Environment
Graphics & Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver28 January 2015
CENTURY 21 is a great company to work for and has great people. They are going through some changes which is good and very exciting for the future but i think some more employee appreciation and interaction would go a long way.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Terrible Communication
no job security and very costly
Realtor (Former Employee) –  toront18 January 2015
too much competition, very lonely, no co workers. no job security, very costly
Amazing Workplace with Incredible People
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsvile, ON15 January 2015
I loved this job. I was a part time receptionist, and everyone was so helpful and welcoming, in my adjustment to an office setting from retail. I got along with my colleagues very well and it was a great company to work for.

Unfortunately, due to my husband re-locating because of a job, I had to sadly leave this position
Pros
great co-workers, celebratory lunches (when an agent closed on a listing)
Cons
Not enough hours
Broker was very Helpful
Real Estate Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On12 January 2015
As a realtor, prospecting for clients was a daily activity which included cold calling, I learned that as a realtor one needs to be very organized, punctual and Deliver a quality of service that will keep you apart from the rest of the realtors. the hardest part of being a realtor is that the pay is 100% commission, the most enjoyable part is when a transaction is complete successfully and getting paid!
Pros
Self Employed
Cons
Commission based

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Century 21. Our community is ready to answer.