Century 21

Century 21 Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
My job in a mason jar...
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYSeptember 30, 2014
I lucked out into the visual merchandising department at my current job only being there for just 2 months and i couldn't be more grateful. I have falling in love with the job and i love the place and location that i work at and i have learned a significant amount of things in such a short period of time but i feel i am not being compensated well enough – more... for my work, being that there's only 3 of us in the entire company. A typical day at work is nonstop hard work, from merchandising to floor moves, visual updates and set ups, building fixtures, coming up with new arrangements to better display the visuals within the stores etc... There's my manager, my supervisor and me as far as co-workers goes and we're the hidden gems of the store tackling anything you can think of. We have at hand, the most wanted General manager any Department store could ever wish for, he doesn't miss a beat and is hands on when it comes to anyone and anything. The hardest part of the job is sometimes finding a moment to breathe and recollect but knowing that you'll go to work every day and have the opportunity to be creative and create something your guest will aaahhh over makes everything else worth while. – less
Great place to develop Loss Prevention skills
Loss Prevention Guard (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 30, 2014
Hardest part was standing for 8-14 hours. I learned better customer service skills.
You gain a lot of retail experience.
Fragrance Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: you get paid weekly and your able to get discounts on things you buy.
I met a lot of great people from all parts of the world..Great retail experience. If you can work here you can work anywhere.
Busy day from opening until closing
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee), Fulton street downtown NYSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches on most major holidays. etc. fourth of july
Cons: breaks are 15 minutes, and lunch is 30 minutes.
Great experience fast pace multi task always something to do and never bored. Hardest part of the job is making everyone happy. Most enjoyable part ot the job is making the guest smile.
great working experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 26, 2014
Good working environment. The whole staff was wonderful. And the company had decent employee discounts.
Beauty Consultant at the Chanel Counter (Former Employee), Westbury, NYSeptember 18, 2014
-Meet and exceed daily quotas
- Learned how to deal with many different types of customers and how to deal with all of their needs
-Very enjoyable workplace co-workers and management
Client coordinator
Client Coordinator- (Former Employee), Addison, ILSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: fun job
Cons: not enough money
Receptionist, maintained the phone system. Handled the ads for the papers and which publisher they would be sent to
it is a very strict place work,an also a place where you can strive an being promted
Sales Operations (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: the customer get discounts on store items
Cons: inventory for the entire store
a typical day at the job is making sure that your register has the correct money to start an fixing the merchandise on the shelves before the store opens.i learn to be very attentive and neat with everything i do.management is very strict, the co-worker really keep to themselves. the hardest part of the job is inventory for the store.the most enjoyable – more... part of the job is taking care for the customers. – less
Summary
Project Engineer (Current Employee), River Edge, NJSeptember 15, 2014
Management is do not show appreciation. Most people are very easy to work with. This company tries to do more with a lot less. In the last 6 months, around 10 people have left the company.
Is what you make it
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee), Temple, PASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: commissions & training
Cons: office fees, dog eat dog scenario
All depends on how hard YOU plan to work. Alot of cold calling & leg work. Did ok till market went flat. Broker was nice & very helpful with training
Excellent RE Company
Realtor (Current Employee), Chicago, IlSeptember 7, 2014
First Position In the Re industry,
this was an excellent RE experience
Worst Management and unprofessional
Ecommerce (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Worst company I've ever worked for. Management had their favorite employees and the only way to get far in this company is to kiss a** or be "friendly" with the higher ups.
Overall Good Place to Work at
Floor Register Clerk (Former Employee), Westbury, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: not so lenient with breaktimes.
If I could work the schedule - I would work again. I learned how to do inventory, hectic days but it went by fast. I got to make good friends at work and good long relationships.

Hardest part of the job was long hours and closing times.
Sales
Shipping and Recieving (Former Employee), New YorkSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: commision
Cons: poor management
Shipping and recieving information via computer data. sales of items on advertisment info. fitting room salesman
Fun Place to work. Relaxed environment
Certified Estate Agent (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCAugust 31, 2014
Highly pressurised. Huge salon and had to manage diaries of 7 stylists. Dealt with demanding clients and also managed day to day running of the salon
no longer in business
Receptionist (Former Employee), Crystal Lake, ILAugust 30, 2014
Pros: nice management
Cons: very slow paced job
This was a nice place to work, however hours were not stable and activity was very low at this location. No longer in business.
Customer Service Administrative Assistant for Broker
Administrative Clerk/Customer Service for Broker (Former Employee), San Diego CaliforniaAugust 29, 2014
Pros: on the job training became a certified notary loan signing agent
Handled all calls for Broker, set appointments and handled all administrative duties.
Busy office with little down time
Receptionist/Customer Service (Former Employee), Yuba City, CAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: friendly clientele, decent hours, ok benefits
Cons: heavy work load, not a lot of over time, very clickie employee/supervisors
I truly enjoyed working for this company until a co-employee threw a wrench in it, I was given a lot of extra duties. Later found out I was doing some of the duties of the other employees.
lounge
Cashier (Former Employee), new york, new yorkAugust 28, 2014
a typical day at work being behind the registers taking care of guests getting them checked out as fast as possible. answering phone calls, trying to find items for guests that have no pricing. the hardest part of the job was pleasing the guests and trying to answer all their questions without getting upset and helping find different items that were – more... similar to the one they wanted. what I learned at century 21 is that no matter where you are enjoy everything. coworkers, some were rude and nasty to work with. one supervisor there was very nasty and never had respect for anyone behind the complex and did not keep things confidential. – less
Good people, horrible policy
Cashier (Former Employee), westburyAugust 27, 2014
Pay is very low even if you have experience,
They dont workers are good ef

About Century 21

Century 21 Department Store is a legendary New York City retailer offering top designer merchandise at incredibly low prices. – Read more