Century 21 Employee Reviews

Productive and interesting.
Office Assistant/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2016
I work for a Realtor who is very demanding and professional. Work has to be 100% accurate..... My work hours are 9.00 am-5.00 pm. and consists of variety of tasks including paying office/personal crdit card bills online.
I fill in tax forms for the clients as a service which he provides.
It has definitely been an immense learning curve to me.
I manage his travel log as well.
Variety of tasks have to be attended to within minutes accurately and quickly.
Pros
Excellent learning curve.
Cons
small and growth is limited
Great Company to Work with.
Licensed Realtor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 July 2016
Offers a lot of on going education
Always there to help when needed
Management is super friendly
Co-workers are very friendly and always willing to lend a hand
Fun work place
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 August 2016
Open the office, transfer all lines over and check and respond to all emails promptly. Close any deals which commission cheques have been received & enter in all new files which need a trade number.
N/a
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2016
This is my first job at a real estate company. I have learnt a lot here in the past 5 months. I have come to know a lot about buying and selling properties and have an idea of the property market in GTA.
Enjoyed the satisfaction of providing customer and client needs.
Residential Real Estate Sales and Appraisal (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON30 April 2016
Enjoyed the satisfaction of providing customer and client needs.
With Residential Real Estate sales there was immense pleasure in finding and assisting client's in the sale and/or purchase of their homes.
Working in the Residential Appraisal field my opinion of value was used by bank's, trust companies and mortgage brokers for mortgaging and secured lines of credit.
very comfortable enviornment
Excutive Administrative Assistant/Deal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2016
Was a 9-5 job.
I learned everything about real estate but no growth at all.
The staff were all nice, however I want more challenge and growth.
I switch industry to challenge my self
Fast Paced
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2016
As soon as the office would open, the phone would ring non-stop. Never a dull moment, juggling between multiple phone calls, assisting walk in agents, uploading listings in the system, logging and making receipts for deposit cheques dropped. I just enjoyed learning how the real estate industry works. I got along with my management very well, the entire staff was very helpful and approachable.
Very competitive, highly paced work environment, where every day was different.
Real Estate Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON30 September 2014
There really was not a typical day at work, as you were never in control of what would happen. You could receive calls from Buyers or Sellers at any hour, and you had to react. Management was very supportive, and offered great training, and superior support staff.
Co-worker, were competitive Realtors, and mostly offered good advice and support. The hardest part of the job was that it totally controlled your life, there was no balance. The most enjoyable part of the job, was finding the right home for a Buyer.
Pros
You met an amazing cross section of interesting people.
Cons
Long hours.
I learned lots about Real Estate
Senior Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2015
Century 21 Parkland Ltd., Brokerage own Two offices; One in Toronto and the second in Markham. The Toronto Office is the head office, this is the office I work from, because it is closer to where I reside.

Typical day starts at 8:30 a.m. I am responsible for the opening procedures such as: unlocking the office, sorting emails and faxes that came in while the office was closed, processing the answering service messages and appointments, ensuring forms needed to process deals are available.

At 9:00 a.m., when the office is open to the public, I take the phones off call forwarding. My office only books in the appointments for the properties, when the Markham office is on break. At the Toronto office I am responsible for reporting deals to MLS Stratus, Toronto Real Estate Board, and to the Ontario Real Estate Association. Furthermore, I am responsible for an 8 line switch board to direct calls, sort the faxes and emails and they come in. I type up the Agreements of Purchase and Sale, Agreements To Lease and Commercial Agreements until the end of my shift at 4:30 p.m.

What I have learned in this position, since I had come into it with no prior administrative experience, is that time management in this position is necessary to be more than average, with an attention to detail. In the Real Estate business everything this is time oriented. Listings expire, offer presentations can be delayed or pushed up on a whim. Agreements have the irrevocable date and time, and the conditions and clauses of the agreements all vary.

The hardest part of the job is understanding the legality
  more... of the entire Real Estate process. This business is very technical and strict in its own way and Real Estate Agents, from my experience try to bend the rules more often than not, just to get the deal closed. My loyalty falls to the brokerage and not to the Agents, because the brokerage pays my salary and not the agent. Furthermore not only do the Agents get a fine, but so does the brokerage. If the brokerage gets a fine, its because some one in the administrative side processed a deal knowing they bent the rules. Due to this, my co-workers and I sometimes have a rough time getting along with each other, but no incidents have never not smoothed over.  less
Pros
Flexible work shifts and time off as needed.
Cons
Could be much more efficient.
No One To Take The Reigns
National Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 December 2014
This company is so close to greatness, if they only put their employees first. A great benefits package is not enough. I ended up leaving the job due to medical stress.
Productive work place
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 April 2016
.Excellent work environment and a well managed company
with education and individual guidance.
Company as been built from 1 office to 5 with an increase of employees from 1 to 200.
Pros
Self Employed with ability to make unlimited income
Cons
commision sales with no guaranty of income
great company
Real Estate Salesperson (Former Employee) –  halifax, NS7 May 2016
Loved learning about real estate transactions through the best company. It was a great experience but ultimately the real estate world was not for me
Professionals work place
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 May 2016
I enjoy working here. Its fun to handle the jobs , Its important to handle the clients and our agents tactfully. i love the job
Must be able to wear many hats
Offer Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 November 2015
At Century 21, I was hired to replace the Offer Administrator who was responsible for typing, proofing and completing all Offer packages, computer filing and storing the documentation and maintenance of the forms room. The second hat was replacing the Listing Administrator while on vacation or on leave of absence which entailed uploading all pertinent information onto the associated program to place a listing onto MLS and Realtor.ca. This also included downloading and saving pictures to computer, resizing and then uploading these to the listing. The third hat was replacing the Receptionist on her breaks, vacation and sick days. This entailed greeting the public, taking payments, answering a computerized switchboard and forwarding the calls appropriately.

It was a multifaceted position working under pressure.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Pressure
A big company with highly professional agents
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London30 March 2016
I was offered a position as the sales advisor. It was a very demanding job as London is one of the biggest property markets in the world. I was able to meet my personal targets and sometimes exceed them as well which were basically to bring in 3 instructions a week
Great for the Self Disciplined and Ambitious
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 January 2016
Selling real estate with C21 is a great career. First Canadian Corp.,Brokerage has a great Broker and Office Manager.
The drawbacks are that it is an expensive career to get yourself started in. it requires great personal sacrifice and dedication in order to be successful.
Pros
you are your own boss
Cons
you are your own boss
Excellent place to learn constantly
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 January 2016
Excellent place to learn constantly in a corporate-business setting. Helpful management and co-workers. A place to develop lots of skills, enjoyable job who loves to deal with people.
Great Broker to be Affiliated with
Real Estate Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On18 February 2013
This was a commission sales job selling real estate, I learned to work independently and to be organized, also that money management is very important, the hardest part of the job was prospecting for new clients, qualifying them and then matching properties that suits their needs and wants, it was very rewarding both financially and emotionally when a deal was closed.
Pros
was my own ceo
Cons
costly, very long hours
Ability to run an independent business effectively
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON21 April 2013
Received support and necessary tools to be independent. Management available when needed for support and advice.
Enjoyed working with other independent contractors
Enjoyed dealing with clients and assisting them in finding solutions to their problems.
Enjoyed being independent and arranging my own time schedule
No difficult parts of job.
Pros
advertising and promotional support
Executive Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC7 March 2016
Great people to work with. Always something different each day. The staff are treated fairly and with respect. Working conditions are above average.