Century 21

Century 21 Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits

no job security and very costly
Realtor (Former Employee), torontJanuary 18, 2015
too much competition, very lonely, no co workers. no job security, very costly
not a fun workplace
President Realty (Current Employee), BramptonSeptember 17, 2014
we cant talk to each other, boss is very rude. no consideration for the employees
cool people
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee), torontoAugust 25, 2014
good brokerage to start your career, management helps and area is stable.
Great Job
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee), Bancroft, ONJuly 22, 2014
This was a wonderful place to work, if they ever need someone to fill in and I can help I always do. The knowledge I learned and the environment was incredible!
Difficult to build a client base
Real Estate Sales Representative (Current Employee), PeterboroughApril 11, 2014
Becoming a real estate sales representative is a tough industry to be successful in; it is all on you to build your client base, advertising etc - it gets very costly.
Real Estate Brokerage That Sets A Gold Standard
Real Estate Representative (Former Employee), Bradford, OnApril 9, 2014
Top Notch Brokerage that offers full services to its Salespeople.
Cleaner
MOLLY MAID (Former Employee), Kingston, ONApril 1, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
I only worked here for a few months before a hip problem made me take time off for a few months.
It was a good company to work for, but some of the clients, students, really needed to learn housekeeping, not just a last minute, my parents are coming type of thing.
awesome job
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 3, 2013
Pros: loved this job
Cons: suck the owner moved away
to do this job you have to be fast on computers and know what to say to people
Great experience of learning new thinhgs
Asst. Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 1, 2012
Working at Century 21 was a good experience. Because I did have customer service experience but working at Century 21 gave me the experience of sales.
Good working enviornmnet
Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 28, 2012
Nice workplace
It was a challenging job , as I had to communicate with people and convince them to show some interest in what i am talking about.
n/a
Sales/Cashier (Former Employee), Morristown, NJJanuary 26, 2015
i didnt like working for this company unless i was on the registar
A great place to work
Real Estate Consultant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2015
A great work space. Everyone is so attentive and a team like environment.
An alright place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Handled cash and credit card transactions
Organized merchandise and maintained store cleanliness
Assisted customers with general inquiries and promoted store membership cards
Responsible for closing shift duties and Code 15’s
assisted managers in updating sections based on season and fashion trends
Great learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: short breaks
I was a part-time cashier in Century 21. My day to day activities included performing transactions, bagging items and ensuring to keep a positive and professional attitude. The people which whom i worked with helped me to grow and lean many new things. The register systems would update every other week and our team would inform one another and learn the system together. This department store in particular was huge so it was impossible to know everyone that you worked with and if you wanted to know the store really well you would have to find time to learn the store on your own. The best part was seeing my customer leave with a smile upon their face.
Productive but slighhlty boring.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: getting paid weekly
Cons: short breaks
My typical day consisted of wearing all black uniform like everyone else , coming to work with a smile and helping out the guest. I learned that when you call customers , guest it makes them feel more comfortable. The management was like anywhere else I assume strict but understanding. The hardest part about the job was understanding what the people in charge wanted from you , they didn't make their request understandable. I loved working here I loved all my co- workers and I enjoyed waking up everyday to go to work.
A pleasant work environment.
Licensed Real Estate Agent (Former Employee), Johnson City, New YorkJanuary 19, 2015
The job is commission-based. Many flexible hours are necessary to earn an income.
Uptempo environment, with various task to be completed.
Sales Team Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Working at Century 21 was a pretty good experience. Everyday as an employee there was a new task for you to focus on, so no two days were really alike. Working mid shift, I would have to quickly get into action, making sure clothing racks were maintained, and that none of the merchandise was misplaced on the floors.
At Century 21, I learned how to properly interact with customers. The store had a variety of promotional deals that employees would present to customers. This helped me interact with the customers frequently and comfortably.
The management at the job wasn't too bad, there were positive and negative aspects. I really liked that there were multiple managers, so they were accessible. On the other hand, this also came with a lack of organization. The hardest part of the job was understanding exactly where the managers wanted you to work; on many occasions, two managers would lack communication, and give different task that they expected you to work on immediately.
The co-workers were another good aspect of the job. We all were young and shared some common interest, so it wasn't hard for any of us to get along, and help each other if needed.
What made the experience enjoyable was that, I got to work in a lot of different sections in the store, so I didn't have the same tasks everyday.
Fun fastpace work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: promotions, pay, overall work environment
Typical day was fun and refreshing, everyone respected everyone and were in sync. I learned how to really work well with others in this company and how to hold myself to a higher standard in such a professionally run establishment. The company influence ambition amongst the staff and there's a clear communication between staff and management. The hardest part at the beginning was opening up to others instead of just being only about my task, but other that it was a opening experience. Working there, you have to be diverse in communicating being though it's near an airport allot of the customers are from all parts of the globe even co-workers.
Somewhat productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 10, 2015
very little knowledge of working on a cash register
store ran as a dictatorship
Enjoy working with new clients on a daily basis and meeting new people,
Realtor/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Garfield Heights, Ohio 44125January 8, 2015
Opening office and setting up office for daily business. Will work overtime and can be called last minute to assist.
The importance of a good attitude and first impressions with customers coming into our office for the first time.
There is nothing hard about my job.
I continue to work as sales agent on part time basis.

1 2 3 4 5

About Century 21

Century 21 Department Store is a legendary New York City retailer offering top designer merchandise at incredibly low prices. – Read more