Location: Various Locations
Reporting To: Project Manager
Education: Grade 12 education as a minimum.
Trades or Journeyman certification a definite asset
Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience managing the construction of wood frame and concrete structures is essential. Skills in carpentry, concrete framework, finishing are essential.
Knowledge of Alberta building codes, safety codes and workplace safety required.
Basic computer knowledge is required (eg. Email, Word documents). Knowledge of structural, electrical, mechanical and architectural blue prints an asset. Experience in purchasing/managing budgets and profit margin would be an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Centron we offer recognition of professional excellence, an opportunity both give and receive quality advice and leadership and the chance to influence the course of the business and take responsibility for a growing number of functions and people.
We understand that employees should be treated as responsible adults whose family commitments are important to them. We offer flexibility in scheduling so you can attend school, sport and extracurricular functions as well as other family commitments.
WHO WE ARE:
At Centron our team of professionals and our projects are diverse. We know that each and every member is essential to our organization, and that we are part of a family that archives by building together over the long run. With a shared vision of quality and excellence, we are an overnight success that took 28 years.
Reporting to the Project Manager and working with the project team, the Project Coordinator is accountable to ensure project technical work, basic budget analysis and correspondence is performed efficiently, timely and accurately. This position also provides administrative support to the Development Manager, Multi-Family & Residential when workload permits.
Oversee and maintain cost control, quality and schedule for the work site during construction by:
- Effectively managing job site workforce, equipment, materials and trade contractors to attain targeted profit margin while ensuring adherence to specifications and plans.
- Working closely with Project Manager, Trade Contractors, Consultants, Inspectors, and Regulatory Agencies to prepare and execute project plans and specifications and ensure the quality of work.
- Developing schedules and construction sequencing in conjunction with Project Managers.
- Achieving project schedule milestones by looking ahead, identifying weekly deliverables for own staff and trade contractors and implementing corrective action where necessary to catch up and meet deliverables.
- Overseeing Project Record Documents: maintaining detailed daily site reports (track rentals, trade manpower, site conditions and issues), progress photographs, and site as-built drawings (including all site instructions and clarifications), timesheets, P.O.s etc.
- Assisting with bid clarification of trade contractors including scope of work, costs, scheduling.
- Implementing health, safety and environmental procedures on site in accordance with legislation and company policies to ensure safety of all workers and protection of the public.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with clients, sub-trades, consultants and employees with a focus on mutual trust and respect.
UNIQUE WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position is required to work in all weather conditions. Traveling to job sites and/or company meetings is also required so valid driver’s license and sound abstract is required. This position also has the potential to be away from home for periods of time.
This position is also physically demanding and may require ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Excellent time management skills
- Leadership and supervision skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and detail skills
- Analytical thinking with the ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Capable of managing a variety of complex project tasks simultaneously
- Adaptable and professional approach