Location: Various Locations
Reporting To: VP of Construction
Education: Undergraduate degree in Engineering; completion of a Certified Engineering Technologist program; or completion of a trades program
Experience: 10 years of progressively responsible experience in commercial and/or residential construction during which technical and managerial competence has been clearly demonstrated
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Centron we offer recognition of professional excellence, an opportunity both give and receive quality advice and leadership and the chance to influence the course of the business and take responsibility for a growing number of functions and people.
We understand that employees should be treated as responsible adults whose family commitments are important to them. We offer flexibility in scheduling so you can attend school, sport and extracurricular functions as well as other family commitments.
WHO WE ARE:
At Centron our team of professionals and our projects are diverse. We know that each and every member is essential to our organization, and that we are part of a family that archives by building together over the long run. With a shared vision of quality and excellence, we are an overnight success that took 28 years.
Reporting to the Project Manager and working with the project team, the Project Coordinator is accountable to ensure project technical work, basic budget analysis and correspondence is performed efficiently, timely and accurately. This position also provides administrative support to the Development Manager, Multi-Family & Residential when workload permits.
Project Budgeting, Scheduling and Implementation
- Establish project schedule; review site progress schedule with Superintendent and Sub-Trades
- Prepare initial budgets or tenders, including quantity take offs, preparing tender documents, review and analyze sub-trade pricing
- Prepare conceptual budgets from preliminary drawings through to working drawing and construction stage.
- Conduct Project Design and Document Review.
- Prepare Progress Reports and present as appropriate at monthly and weekly project meetings; review and confirm progress payments
- Monitor site activity for compliance with all plans, specifications and codes
Communication and Supervision
- Coordinate RFI’s, questions and other information with consultants including designating tasks and following up on requests, demands, questions, concerns etc
- Coordinate Change information with trades
- Update stakeholders and owner with progress
- Ensure Corporate Safety Programs are maintained throughout the project by all site staff and subcontractors
- Administration of shop drawings, site instructions, field orders and change orders
- Monitoring of construction schedules
- Analyze and award bids
- Administer trade contracts
- Conduct site meetings, visits, issues
- Review submittals and coordinate information with consultants and trades
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Diplomatic and tactful but persuasive
- Able to make timely, effective critical decisions
- Personal suitability to deal with a range of people in a variety of situations