Centric Health

Centric Health Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very poor compensation
Soon to be former employee (Current Employee), UndisclosedMarch 10, 2015
Pros: nice staff
Cons: poor compensation, constantly hounded about producing good numbers
Compensation is not on my #1 priority list, but Centric Health is just that bad. As others have mentioned, a 30% fee for service is just terrible, with no option to change to salary or hourly. There's not even a need for me to work, but of course Centric only cares about the numbers, so they maximize the therapist availability. On some days, there are gaps of 1-2 hours with no pay whatsoever. I'm sure when I quit the other other therapists will be happy with an increased workload.

The only good thing that's keeping me from quitting immediately is the staff - everyone is really nice and fun to work with. But that's about the only positive thing I have to say.

Think of Centric as the Walmart of health care - do yourself a favour and apply elsewhere!
Provide services of physio for the elderly
Physiotherapy assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa , ONJanuary 17, 2015
- Created a dynamic exercise class
- The company was very open to different hours
-The resident and nursing homes were a lot of fun
- The patients were amazing
- Learned a lot of life experience
Don't work here!!!
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Orillia, ONNovember 14, 2014
I've been with this company for over a year. I relocated for them, worked 7 days a week for them, always was willing to come in early and stay late. I was very loyal and hardworking. Then one day, without reason or warning, they demoted me and gave my position to someone who was hired a week before.

This company does not take care of their employee's. Very high turnover. The managers are power-tripping morons who are only interested in protecting lazy, careless workers.
Excellent work culture
Account Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2014
All colleagues are quite nice and friendly, and willing to help me for my requests.
Great team atmosphere. Stresss free workplace
FT Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 9, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
- staff was very close and team oriented
- welcoming atmosphere
- very rare to work at a place where coworkers and management genuinely get along and work together as a team, in turn this helped us provide great service to our clients
I am working as an individual clinic nurse on a contract basis, like a Agency nurse.
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2014
I love my job and also like to travel, my clients are all happy.
Overall Feel of the Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 2, 2014
Centric Health is currently adapting to new management changes. At this moment in time, Centric is not a long term option.
Great finance team
Accounting Manager, Clinic Operations (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioSeptember 17, 2013
No 2 days are ever the same, allows you to really apply your creativity & problem solving skills.
Has great people here
Physiotherapy Aide (Former Employee), Metcalfe OnAugust 22, 2013
The staff and patients at the Osgoode Care centre are awesome people. Wouldn't change a bit about them.
Hardest part is motivating patients to do there exercise even though they didn't see the long term benefits to it because they just wanted to pass away.
Most enjoyable part of this job is that I can be myself and do silly things and they will still smile. I also loved the fast that I would see them getting strong with there mobility and other abilities to make them more independent.
very nice place to work
Physiotherapy Assistant At Leisure World (Current Employee), Toronto,OntJuly 11, 2013
Pros: 8 hour days
Cons: fee for service hire, self employed
Getting Laid off as of Aug 01/2013. Work on my own and very reliable and hard working.
Great company to work
Registered Physiotherapist (Current Employee), Belleville,ONJune 13, 2013
Great team, courteous management.Well balanced and caring managers and authorities.
Amazing health care job, poor management
Kinesiologist (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 23, 2013
Pros: great learning expeience
Cons: management do not get along
I truly enjoy my job and what I do. I have learned so much about health care and how to aid people with disabilitites. A typical day includes working with patients, developing anazlyzing and altering treatment plans, scheduling patients, ensure clinic runs smoothly (no waiting patient's, etc.) taking patient's medical history, aiding the physiotherapist, asnwering phones, filing, problem solving, communicating with patients, communicationg with funders, Funcational ability testing, writing assesment, progress and discharge reports, dealing with patient complaints, coordinate follow-up appointments, merchandise orders, inventory, collecting orders and measuring patient's blood pressure.
Not sure how they're still in business...
rather not say (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 8, 2013
Pros: no micromanagement
Cons: no management period
I've been working here for a year, and have seen turnover of at least half the clinic. Management is indifferent at best, does little to support their staff, and maintains an air of importance while doing little to nothing each day. Employees are consistently saddled with the roles of previous co-workers, as management can't be bothered to replace those who have left. The environment is down the tubes and no one who could fix it can actually be bothered to fix it. No raises, bonuses, or incentives and the benefits are horrible. PTs and Kins have been told they can't leave the building for lunch! And sadly, most of the people who have left have done so without another job to go to; they just can't wait to get out. If not for my financial responsibilities, I would be exiting right behind them!
Considers making money more important than how well they treat their patients and their employees
Therapist (Former Employee), OntarioMay 8, 2013
Centric Health is in the business of making money and not in the business of caring for patients. From a management point of view and organizational perspective, they are disorganized and unprofessional with little to no values. Their focus is on financial gain, not healthcare.
I feel sorry for many patients
worker (Former Employee), Richmond HillMay 4, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: low pay
poor management, patients were hardly getting any manual therapy by a physiotherapist - a"clinic director"-. Unprofessional comments about patient's health state (!), ....and to think that the insurance companies acctually send MVA patients to that location!!!!
Fun working environments, but not the best company. They do not stick to their word.
Physio Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Bourget, ONApril 23, 2013
Pros: work with great people
Cons: get attached to elders
I enjoyed working for this company , just wasn't to happy when I was told if our company lost the contract I would be placed in another home not to worry, well when the time came for a new contract , I had no more job, and couldn't get hired anywhere else as a Physio therapist assistant because your supposed to have a degree in that; I didn't I had just been trained for 2 weeks.
Indifferent management. Poor compensation
Physiotherapist (Current Employee), Victoria, BCApril 17, 2013
Pros: benefits package available
Cons: poor compensation relative to other clinics. indifferent management
Centric Health Management is completely out of touch with their local clinics and clinicians. The clinic that I work in was once considered one of the best in town but has been gutted by the parent company's push for high profit margins and marginalization of its employees. Centric Health not only pays its physiotherapists a smaller fee-for-service percentage than other clinics in town, but also levies an "administration fee" of $5 off almost every billing that can amount to the loss of thousands of dollars in a year for the clinician. All this occurs while the administration expects non-compensated work from its employees.
Only interested in making themselves and shareholders rich
Physiotherapist (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 16, 2013
Pros: medical benefits - you pay half, they pay half
Cons: high pressure, focus on money, exploiting patients and staff
Despite hollow voices to the contary - they just want to make money for themselves!
A starting wage of 30% to the therapist per patient - well below industry standard and then very demanding to 'maximise' (code word for 'exploit') every patients. If you get patients better quicker, you face 'reviews' ('sanctions') of your skills and are guided in keeping patients coming in more often, for longer and even after they are better.
Also, no consideration to worklife balance - you'll be expected to be 'flexible' - I was asked to do a 64 hour week to cover my managers quick decision for a holiday. I was told I had to be flexible and it was stated to me that I would be let go if I wasn't. This was the final straw so I left.
Very Rewarding
PHYSIOTHERAPIST ASSISANT (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 28, 2012
Pros: flexible hours and scheduling
I loved my job at Tabor Manor. The staff and residents were excellent and I was fortunate that I was able to work both with the LTC facility and the retirement home.
I enjoyed the variety of treatments and exercise classes that I was able to preform and it was a great learning experience.
I enjoyed seeing residents improve after having hip surgery or a stroke and could cheer them on because of all of their hard work.The hardest part of the job was when the residents had passed on. You become so much part of their lives and family that you become very attached.
Nice Place to work with amazing co workers
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee), North YorkDecember 7, 2012
Very nice environment to work in. Everyone is really friendly and helpful.
Leadership is running the company to the best of their abilities and are working hard.

About Centric Health

Centric Health Corporation is dedicated to building and sustaining the leading healthcare service network in Canada. We provide – Read more