Centric Health Employee Reviews in Canada

Don't work here
P.T (Former Employee) –  OntarioApril 13, 2016
New Management does not know how to manage. Lots of drug errors due to being over worked. They don't pay over time when its needed. They say one thing to get you in there, then they turn on you if they don't like you. They don't do fair assessments. The management team should be evaluated by staff and sent to the CEO so they know what's going on.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
They should be ashamed in how they treat their staff.
Not the most ideal place to work
Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 13, 2016
The Job culture was great, however management was not very approachable.The

Too much drama!
MOA- Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 29, 2015
The salary is good. Most of the people are nice but the turn over is so high!!! Instead of cultivating good employees they let them quit. The people who consistently stay on have emotional issues and are not professional. Too many tears and complaints in the workplace. Worst of all though is that management does not provide the necessary support to help people succeed!!! They let you suffer there until you can't take it anymore and quit! Everyone in every department is stressed and overworked! This place has a major issue with understaffing! If you like a chaotic atmosphere, immature reception staff and having empty promises made to you by management then this is the perfect place for you!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Minimal benefits and vacation time. No free parking. High turnover.
Centric Health
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough locationSeptember 21, 2015
Fast pace environment with lots of fun
i learn so many things each day such as deal with all the system and products codes and prices, deal with awesome customers with different back grounds
The management is extraordinary very knowledgeable and dedicated
the coworkers are very nice and easy to work with on a daily bases
the hardest part on this job for me was the time i worked as did not had other position i really accepted
the most enjoin part on this job was customers, that was an honor to serve them.
Pros
amazing enviroment to work at
Cons
work schedule
Dynamic workplace, great clinics and team
VICE PRESIDENT - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee) –  CanadaNovember 2, 2015
We are part of changing Canadian Healthcare for the better. Great clinics, clinicians, and extended teams.

Engagement at many levels from insurance companies, large employers, government bodies and front line healthcare - never a dull day.
Bad place to work
ADMINISTRATION (Current Employee) –  ALBERTAAugust 21, 2015
I've been an employee for a year, soon to be an ex-employee. The management team back stab each other on a regular basis. Long hours but no overtime, no perks to this company. Management value lazy old employees that find meaningless tasks to fill their day rather than actually working....but they are "so busy". The staff are spread very thin and asked to take on tasks of other employees that CAN'T do their job! There is no support for new employees, they are just thrown into their role with no direction. I have seen some good people come and go, turn around is so high that even our doctors make comments that there are new people every time they visit every month. This company only cares about money and numbers, good employees and clients are the least of their worries. My co-workers are the only good thing, but they are on their way out also.
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
Productive environment, but low communication between departments.
Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2015
Independent work environment which is great. Coworkers are helpful and friendly to work with. Could be more inter-mingling between departments to boost office morale. Lots of changes occurred in the past few years which gave me exposure to different roles.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Low opportunity
Good Oportunity
ACCOUNTING CO-OP (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 19, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management Team, learned how to work as a team member and time management to finish the duties on time and also learned how to talk with customer and how to behave with co workers
Horrible employer
staff member (Former Employee) –  calgary, vancouver, edmontonMay 4, 2015
The employer disability management team consists of 7 staff with only 2 dedicated to legal documentation control with respect to appropriate file management. Male employee in Calgary office is highly unethical in his manner of speech. Issues with respect to FOIP are disregarded. If your considering working for the employer what they mean by offering competitive benefits is very basic health & dental as long as you use their pharmacy and physiotherapy its covered, no STD, benefits, no flex time, 40 hour work week. Maybe good for someone just learning about disability management.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
40 hour (plus) work week, extremely poor benefits, management is not respected internally
no stability/benefits, quantity over quality.
PTA (Former Employee) –  ontarioJune 29, 2015
No stability,company did not respect the contract I signed (ended up with less hours than they said they would give me) . no benefits whatsoever. have to work on holidays, no days off/sick days. considered self-employed yet you don't have power over anything.
Very poor compensation
Soon to be former employee (Current Employee) –  UndisclosedMarch 10, 2015
Compensation is not on my #1 priority list, but Centric Health is just that bad. As others have mentioned, a 30% fee for service is just terrible, with no option to change to salary or hourly. There's not even a need for me to work, but of course Centric only cares about the numbers, so they maximize the therapist availability. On some days, there are gaps of 1-2 hours with no pay whatsoever. I'm sure when I quit the other other therapists will be happy with an increased workload.

The only good thing that's keeping me from quitting immediately is the staff - everyone is really nice and fun to work with. But that's about the only positive thing I have to say.

Think of Centric as the Walmart of health care - do yourself a favour and apply elsewhere!
Pros
nice staff
Cons
poor compensation, constantly hounded about producing good numbers
lots of great people
Server & Infrastructure Administrator (Current Employee) –  toronto ontarioMay 12, 2015
Great people
Always something new and challenging
always changes going on
hours can be flexible is when needed, understands family life
Pros
very flexible
Don't work here!!!
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONNovember 14, 2014
I've been with this company for over a year. I relocated for them, worked 7 days a week for them, always was willing to come in early and stay late. I was very loyal and hardworking. Then one day, without reason or warning, they demoted me and gave my position to someone who was hired a week before.

This company does not take care of their employee's. Very high turnover. The managers are power-tripping morons who are only interested in protecting lazy, careless workers.
Provide services of physio for the elderly
Physiotherapy assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa , ONJanuary 17, 2015
- Created a dynamic exercise class
- The company was very open to different hours
-The resident and nursing homes were a lot of fun
- The patients were amazing
- Learned a lot of life experience
Has great people here
Physiotherapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Metcalfe OnAugust 22, 2013
The staff and patients at the Osgoode Care centre are awesome people. Wouldn't change a bit about them.
Hardest part is motivating patients to do there exercise even though they didn't see the long term benefits to it because they just wanted to pass away.
Most enjoyable part of this job is that I can be myself and do silly things and they will still smile. I also loved the fast that I would see them getting strong with there mobility and other abilities to make them more independent.
Fun working environments, but not the best company. They do not stick to their word.
Physio Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bourget, ONApril 23, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company , just wasn't to happy when I was told if our company lost the contract I would be placed in another home not to worry, well when the time came for a new contract , I had no more job, and couldn't get hired anywhere else as a Physio therapist assistant because your supposed to have a degree in that; I didn't I had just been trained for 2 weeks.
Pros
work with great people
Cons
get attached to elders
Very Rewarding
PHYSIOTHERAPIST ASSISANT (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONDecember 28, 2012
I loved my job at Tabor Manor. The staff and residents were excellent and I was fortunate that I was able to work both with the LTC facility and the retirement home.
I enjoyed the variety of treatments and exercise classes that I was able to preform and it was a great learning experience.
I enjoyed seeing residents improve after having hip surgery or a stroke and could cheer them on because of all of their hard work.The hardest part of the job was when the residents had passed on. You become so much part of their lives and family that you become very attached.
Pros
flexible hours and scheduling
corporation with too many employees and very little loyalty to current employees.
Sales of Medical Equipment and Supplies Vendor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 9, 2013
I have 17 years in the medical supplies industry and have many more years to go unfortunately this corporation bit off more companies than they could chew on therefore a lot of good people have been let go recently.
Pros
own work schedule
Cons
unprofessional managers lacking in people and communication skills.
Indifferent management. Poor compensation
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCApril 17, 2013
Centric Health Management is completely out of touch with their local clinics and clinicians. The clinic that I work in was once considered one of the best in town but has been gutted by the parent company's push for high profit margins and marginalization of its employees. Centric Health not only pays its physiotherapists a smaller fee-for-service percentage than other clinics in town, but also levies an "administration fee" of $5 off almost every billing that can amount to the loss of thousands of dollars in a year for the clinician. All this occurs while the administration expects non-compensated work from its employees.
Pros
benefits package available
Cons
poor compensation relative to other clinics. indifferent management
Amazing health care job, poor management
Kinesiologist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 23, 2013
I truly enjoy my job and what I do. I have learned so much about health care and how to aid people with disabilitites. A typical day includes working with patients, developing anazlyzing and altering treatment plans, scheduling patients, ensure clinic runs smoothly (no waiting patient's, etc.) taking patient's medical history, aiding the physiotherapist, asnwering phones, filing, problem solving, communicating with patients, communicationg with funders, Funcational ability testing, writing assesment, progress and discharge reports, dealing with patient complaints, coordinate follow-up appointments, merchandise orders, inventory, collecting orders and measuring patient's blood pressure.
Pros
great learning expeience
Cons
management do not get along

2.8