Centric Health

Centric Health Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Bad place to work
ADMINISTRATION (Current Employee), ALBERTAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: EVERYTHING
I've been an employee for a year, soon to be an ex-employee. The management team back stab each other on a regular basis. Long hours but no overtime, no perks to this company. Management value lazy old employees that find meaningless tasks to fill their day rather than actually working....but they are "so busy". The staff are spread very thin and asked to take on tasks of other employees that CAN'T do their job! There is no support for new employees, they are just thrown into their role with no direction. I have seen some good people come and go, turn around is so high that even our doctors make comments that there are new people every time they visit every month. This company only cares about money and numbers, good employees and clients are the least of their worries. My co-workers are the only good thing, but they are on their way out also.
Productive environment, but low communication between departments.
Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Flexible work hours
Cons: Low opportunity
Independent work environment which is great. Coworkers are helpful and friendly to work with. Could be more inter-mingling between departments to boost office morale. Lots of changes occurred in the past few years which gave me exposure to different roles.
no stability/benefits, quantity over quality.
PTA (Former Employee), ontarioJune 29, 2015
No stability,company did not respect the contract I signed (ended up with less hours than they said they would give me) . no benefits whatsoever. have to work on holidays, no days off/sick days. considered self-employed yet you don't have power over anything.
lots of great people
Server & Infrastructure Administrator (Current Employee), toronto ontarioMay 12, 2015
Pros: very flexible
Cons: long hours
Great people
Always something new and challenging
always changes going on
hours can be flexible is when needed, understands family life
Horrible employer
staff member (Former Employee), calgary, vancouver, edmontonMay 4, 2015
Pros: Free parking
Cons: 40 hour (plus) work week, extremely poor benefits, management is not respected internally
The employer disability management team consists of 7 staff with only 2 dedicated to legal documentation control with respect to appropriate file management. Male employee in Calgary office is highly unethical in his manner of speech. Issues with respect to FOIP are disregarded. If your considering working for the employer what they mean by offering competitive benefits is very basic health & dental as long as you use their pharmacy and physiotherapy its covered, no STD, benefits, no flex time, 40 hour work week. Maybe good for someone just learning about disability management.
Very poor compensation
Soon to be former employee (Current Employee), UndisclosedMarch 10, 2015
Pros: nice staff
Cons: poor compensation, constantly hounded about producing good numbers
Compensation is not on my #1 priority list, but Centric Health is just that bad. As others have mentioned, a 30% fee for service is just terrible, with no option to change to salary or hourly. There's not even a need for me to work, but of course Centric only cares about the numbers, so they maximize the therapist availability. On some days, there are gaps of 1-2 hours with no pay whatsoever. I'm sure when I quit the other other therapists will be happy with an increased workload.

The only good thing that's keeping me from quitting immediately is the staff - everyone is really nice and fun to work with. But that's about the only positive thing I have to say.

Think of Centric as the Walmart of health care - do yourself a favour and apply elsewhere!
Provide services of physio for the elderly
Physiotherapy assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa , ONJanuary 17, 2015
- Created a dynamic exercise class
- The company was very open to different hours
-The resident and nursing homes were a lot of fun
- The patients were amazing
- Learned a lot of life experience
Don't work here!!!
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Orillia, ONNovember 14, 2014
I've been with this company for over a year. I relocated for them, worked 7 days a week for them, always was willing to come in early and stay late. I was very loyal and hardworking. Then one day, without reason or warning, they demoted me and gave my position to someone who was hired a week before.

This company does not take care of their employee's. Very high turnover. The managers are power-tripping morons who are only interested in protecting lazy, careless workers.
Excellent work culture
Account Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2014
All colleagues are quite nice and friendly, and willing to help me for my requests.
Great team atmosphere. Stresss free workplace
FT Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 9, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
- staff was very close and team oriented
- welcoming atmosphere
- very rare to work at a place where coworkers and management genuinely get along and work together as a team, in turn this helped us provide great service to our clients
Overall Feel of the Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 2, 2014
Centric Health is currently adapting to new management changes. At this moment in time, Centric is not a long term option.
Great finance team
Accounting Manager, Clinic Operations (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioSeptember 17, 2013
No 2 days are ever the same, allows you to really apply your creativity & problem solving skills.
corporation with too many employees and very little loyalty to current employees.
Sales of Medical Equipment and Supplies Vendor (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: own work schedule
Cons: unprofessional managers lacking in people and communication skills.
I have 17 years in the medical supplies industry and have many more years to go unfortunately this corporation bit off more companies than they could chew on therefore a lot of good people have been let go recently.
Has great people here
Physiotherapy Aide (Former Employee), Metcalfe OnAugust 22, 2013
The staff and patients at the Osgoode Care centre are awesome people. Wouldn't change a bit about them.
Hardest part is motivating patients to do there exercise even though they didn't see the long term benefits to it because they just wanted to pass away.
Most enjoyable part of this job is that I can be myself and do silly things and they will still smile. I also loved the fast that I would see them getting strong with there mobility and other abilities to make them more independent.
very nice place to work
Physiotherapy Assistant At Leisure World (Current Employee), Toronto,OntJuly 11, 2013
Pros: 8 hour days
Cons: fee for service hire, self employed
Getting Laid off as of Aug 01/2013. Work on my own and very reliable and hard working.
Great company to work
Registered Physiotherapist (Current Employee), Belleville,ONJune 13, 2013
Great team, courteous management.Well balanced and caring managers and authorities.
Amazing health care job, poor management
Kinesiologist (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 23, 2013
Pros: great learning expeience
Cons: management do not get along
I truly enjoy my job and what I do. I have learned so much about health care and how to aid people with disabilitites. A typical day includes working with patients, developing anazlyzing and altering treatment plans, scheduling patients, ensure clinic runs smoothly (no waiting patient's, etc.) taking patient's medical history, aiding the physiotherapist, asnwering phones, filing, problem solving, communicating with patients, communicationg with funders, Funcational ability testing, writing assesment, progress and discharge reports, dealing with patient complaints, coordinate follow-up appointments, merchandise orders, inventory, collecting orders and measuring patient's blood pressure.
Not sure how they're still in business...
rather not say (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 8, 2013
Pros: no micromanagement
Cons: no management period
I've been working here for a year, and have seen turnover of at least half the clinic. Management is indifferent at best, does little to support their staff, and maintains an air of importance while doing little to nothing each day. Employees are consistently saddled with the roles of previous co-workers, as management can't be bothered to replace those who have left. The environment is down the tubes and no one who could fix it can actually be bothered to fix it. No raises, bonuses, or incentives and the benefits are horrible. PTs and Kins have been told they can't leave the building for lunch! And sadly, most of the people who have left have done so without another job to go to; they just can't wait to get out. If not for my financial responsibilities, I would be exiting right behind them!
Considers making money more important than how well they treat their patients and their employees
Therapist (Former Employee), OntarioMay 8, 2013
Centric Health is in the business of making money and not in the business of caring for patients. From a management point of view and organizational perspective, they are disorganized and unprofessional with little to no values. Their focus is on financial gain, not healthcare.
I feel sorry for many patients
worker (Former Employee), Richmond HillMay 4, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: low pay
poor management, patients were hardly getting any manual therapy by a physiotherapist - a"clinic director"-. Unprofessional comments about patient's health state (!), ....and to think that the insurance companies acctually send MVA patients to that location!!!!

About Centric Health

Centric Health Corporation is dedicated to building and sustaining the leading healthcare service network in Canada. We provide – Read more