Centric Health Employee Reviews

Poorly Run Company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Alberta9 March 2017
No staff support, blatant nepotism, it is very clear if you don't suck up to management you will not keep your job. Staff turnover is the highest I've seen anywhere. They do not operate with best practices and get angry and fire people when mistakes are made. The compensation is ridiculous. No overtime, only banked time which you have a very hard time getting them to pay out or getting the time off to use it. The benefits are certainly not the best I've ever seen, you are only covered if you use their pharmacy. And salary is below average for the position.
Stressful busy workplace
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 March 2017
This is a busy high paced pharmacy that emphasizes following process and being accurate (it's a pharmacy after all)

Management does not tolerate employees that are not encouraging and provide guidance and just fired 2 supervisors. They listen to employees have a HR person right on site. There is job security most employees been there for over 3 years. New business added so lots of new staff as well. Good culture team approach

Benefits are mandatory but comprehensive can fill your prescriptions at the pharmacy you work for total coverage or another pharmacy for 80 percent coverage
Pros
Good managers, We are treated well even get Starbucks, birthday cake once a month, great year end staff appreciation dinner
Cons
Very busy very high paced, long hours but we get paid!
Great work environment with opportunity to grow!
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2017
Working at Centric Health offers a lot of positive growth and opportunities for anyone who wants to work in the healthcare industry. The corporate team is a group of hardworking, fun and dedicated individuals who are committed to making a difference in the lives of patients across Canada. Everyday the work is different and rewarding. Like any job, there can be challenges, but thankfully Centric has a great leadership team that really focuses on making sure their employees are heard and problems are addressed and solved. With Centric being a newer company, it offers opportunity to create new roles and find new passions. Overall, I really enjoy working at Centric.
Pros
Great Team, Strong leadership from management
Horrible Place to work in as a pharmacist or Tech
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 March 2017
Bad management, weird work environment, too much stress,
dirty business,poor policies and procedures, they don't care about patients or employees,
all employees feel instability as managers always threaten to fire them, almost every week they fire 1 or 2 in Edmonton.
Pros
NA
Cons
Overall a good place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 October 2016
People are what make the company a good place to work. I don't know about the other facilities across Canada, but the Vancouver site is filled with hardworking people who do their best every day to take excellent care of their patients. No work place is perfect and there will always be stressors, but everyone here tries to work together like a family.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Health care can be unpredictable
Worst place in Edmonton
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2017
worst place to work as a pharmacist or tech,
high turn over rate,
unhealthy work environment
work over load,
always make mistakes in your paystub to pay you less
Pros
na
Cons
stressful, treat you bad, can fire you any time
Great working experience
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 February 2017
Amazing company to work with. Great benefits and flexibility. It was a great learning experience considering it was my first job in Canada.
Awful place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 August 2016
Do not even think of a job here as permanent or a career. Salary good, but no benefits, no Inservices, nothing invested in staff development, very poor moral, no rapport with management, doctors, acillary staff, or even some of the other nursing staff. Not a card even at holiday time, much less a dinner, bonus or even a token gift. Do not expect any more than a quick coffee or quick bite to eat while in front of patient's, if there is time, as there is never a get away break, even to go to the bathroom, unless you can convince some one to relieve you for a moment.
You often don't know what time you will be finished at the end of the day, as patients can, and are added without you being aware or asked. Hours, start times change frequently, days are cancelled or added regularly,
UGG
Pros
Free parking, no plugs, other nurses superb! A huge pro
Cons
Unsafe neighbourhood for after evenings
Not the most ideal place to work
Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North York, ON13 January 2016
The Job culture was great, however management was not very approachable.The

Too much drama!
MOA- Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 October 2015
The salary is good. Most of the people are nice but the turn over is so high!!! Instead of cultivating good employees they let them quit. The people who consistently stay on have emotional issues and are not professional. Too many tears and complaints in the workplace. Worst of all though is that management does not provide the necessary support to help people succeed!!! They let you suffer there until you can't take it anymore and quit! Everyone in every department is stressed and overworked! This place has a major issue with understaffing! If you like a chaotic atmosphere, immature reception staff and having empty promises made to you by management then this is the perfect place for you!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Minimal benefits and vacation time. No free parking. High turnover.
Centric Health
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough location21 September 2015
Fast pace environment with lots of fun
i learn so many things each day such as deal with all the system and products codes and prices, deal with awesome customers with different back grounds
The management is extraordinary very knowledgeable and dedicated
the coworkers are very nice and easy to work with on a daily bases
the hardest part on this job for me was the time i worked as did not had other position i really accepted
the most enjoin part on this job was customers, that was an honor to serve them.
Pros
amazing enviroment to work at
Cons
work schedule
Dynamic workplace, great clinics and team
VICE PRESIDENT - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee) –  Canada2 November 2015
We are part of changing Canadian Healthcare for the better. Great clinics, clinicians, and extended teams.

Engagement at many levels from insurance companies, large employers, government bodies and front line healthcare - never a dull day.
Bad place to work
ADMINISTRATION (Current Employee) –  ALBERTA21 August 2015
I've been an employee for a year, soon to be an ex-employee. The management team back stab each other on a regular basis. Long hours but no overtime, no perks to this company. Management value lazy old employees that find meaningless tasks to fill their day rather than actually working....but they are "so busy". The staff are spread very thin and asked to take on tasks of other employees that CAN'T do their job! There is no support for new employees, they are just thrown into their role with no direction. I have seen some good people come and go, turn around is so high that even our doctors make comments that there are new people every time they visit every month. This company only cares about money and numbers, good employees and clients are the least of their worries. My co-workers are the only good thing, but they are on their way out also.
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
Productive environment, but low communication between departments.
Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2015
Independent work environment which is great. Coworkers are helpful and friendly to work with. Could be more inter-mingling between departments to boost office morale. Lots of changes occurred in the past few years which gave me exposure to different roles.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Low opportunity
Horrible employer
staff member (Former Employee) –  calgary, vancouver, edmonton4 May 2015
The employer disability management team consists of 7 staff with only 2 dedicated to legal documentation control with respect to appropriate file management. Male employee in Calgary office is highly unethical in his manner of speech. Issues with respect to FOIP are disregarded. If your considering working for the employer what they mean by offering competitive benefits is very basic health & dental as long as you use their pharmacy and physiotherapy its covered, no STD, benefits, no flex time, 40 hour work week. Maybe good for someone just learning about disability management.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
40 hour (plus) work week, extremely poor benefits, management is not respected internally
Very Rewarding
PHYSIOTHERAPIST ASSISANT (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON28 December 2012
I loved my job at Tabor Manor. The staff and residents were excellent and I was fortunate that I was able to work both with the LTC facility and the retirement home.
I enjoyed the variety of treatments and exercise classes that I was able to preform and it was a great learning experience.
I enjoyed seeing residents improve after having hip surgery or a stroke and could cheer them on because of all of their hard work.The hardest part of the job was when the residents had passed on. You become so much part of their lives and family that you become very attached.
Pros
flexible hours and scheduling
Fun working environments, but not the best company. They do not stick to their word.
Physio Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bourget, ON23 April 2013
I enjoyed working for this company , just wasn't to happy when I was told if our company lost the contract I would be placed in another home not to worry, well when the time came for a new contract , I had no more job, and couldn't get hired anywhere else as a Physio therapist assistant because your supposed to have a degree in that; I didn't I had just been trained for 2 weeks.
Pros
work with great people
Cons
get attached to elders
Has great people here
Physiotherapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Metcalfe On22 August 2013
The staff and patients at the Osgoode Care centre are awesome people. Wouldn't change a bit about them.
Hardest part is motivating patients to do there exercise even though they didn't see the long term benefits to it because they just wanted to pass away.
Most enjoyable part of this job is that I can be myself and do silly things and they will still smile. I also loved the fast that I would see them getting strong with there mobility and other abilities to make them more independent.
Very poor compensation
Soon to be former employee (Current Employee) –  Undisclosed10 March 2015
Compensation is not on my #1 priority list, but Centric Health is just that bad. As others have mentioned, a 30% fee for service is just terrible, with no option to change to salary or hourly. There's not even a need for me to work, but of course Centric only cares about the numbers, so they maximize the therapist availability. On some days, there are gaps of 1-2 hours with no pay whatsoever. I'm sure when I quit the other other therapists will be happy with an increased workload.

The only good thing that's keeping me from quitting immediately is the staff - everyone is really nice and fun to work with. But that's about the only positive thing I have to say.

Think of Centric as the Walmart of health care - do yourself a favour and apply elsewhere!
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Poor compensation, constantly hounded about producing good numbers
Indifferent management. Poor compensation
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC17 April 2013
Centric Health Management is completely out of touch with their local clinics and clinicians. The clinic that I work in was once considered one of the best in town but has been gutted by the parent company's push for high profit margins and marginalization of its employees. Centric Health not only pays its physiotherapists a smaller fee-for-service percentage than other clinics in town, but also levies an "administration fee" of $5 off almost every billing that can amount to the loss of thousands of dollars in a year for the clinician. All this occurs while the administration expects non-compensated work from its employees.
Pros
benefits package available
Cons
poor compensation relative to other clinics. indifferent management

2.9