Founded in 2005, our client, Falcon Shuttle Rail (FSR), is a one-stop shop design and service provider on all mobile railcar and related equipment, and is the Canadian distributor for Shuttlewagon rail car movers. These rail car movers are used in potash mines, grain terminals, chemical plants and at sea ports. The company also builds and sells and/or rents high rail units consisting of a tractor, deck and Loglift crane on rail gear that is used by railroads and rail service contractors. FSR prides itself on their team-based approach to building relationships and solving problems in a way that allows them to champion their customer’s vision into reality. They have two full-service shops (Surrey and Winnipeg), with strategic service providers in Saskatoon, Prince George, and authorized service providers across the rest of the country. As they move into the next stage of their growth and evolution, they are recruiting a Mechanical Designer to join their team in Surrey, BC.
In this new position, you will design and configure electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems for their customized rail solutions, developing and maintaining technical support and engineering documentation, and assist in the production manufacturing process by working with various Falcon teams. You will be a value-added resource in taking the evolution of projects from concept to completion, acting as the bridge between the customer, Design, Fabrication, and Service, transforming the customer’s vision from schematics to CAD drawings to final production, with the goal of providing a custom equipment solution that meets or exceeds customer expectations. This is a premier career opportunity to be at the forefront of their early stage in-house design department.
For primary consideration, you will bring the following experience and attributes:
- A Diploma or Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a focus on manufacturing design
- Ideally, you bring a minimum five years related experience in a custom design/manufacturing environment, preferably working with in heavy equipment mechanics, hydraulics, and electrical systems
- Able to effectively communicate technical aspects of the project, both internally and with the customer, from concept to final production
- Experience with 3D design/drafting software and other business software tools
- Detail orientation and the patience and ability to manage the details of schematics and work orders, and presenting information in written form
- Proven problem solving and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong customer service orientation
For more information, please call Doris Bentley at 604.985.5072, and apply online at www.centrepointcareer.com; click on Centrepoint Search, Career Opportunities, then View Jobs. This position is available immediately and applications will be considered as they are received. We will acknowledge all those who express interest.