Position Title: Youth Facilitator/Employment (Temporary Part-time)
Program: Youth Possibilities Program
Posting Number: 13-011
The Centre for Newcomers is an Alberta leader in providing settlement services to immigrants. Our mission is to achieve the integration of newcomers in the community, through services and initiatives that promote diversity, participation and citizenship. We make a positive difference in the lives of all Calgarians.
The Program: Youth Possibilities Program targets unemployed and underemployed immigrant youth, ages 15 - 30 in a group based pre-employment and work experience program.
The Role: Reporting to the Program Coordinator, this position will facilitate workshops in the fundamentals of finding and retaining gainful employment in the Calgary based marketplace. The Youth Facilitator works with participants to help build their readiness for employment. Your business intelligence and knowledge of the Canadian workplace will help newcomer participant’s design & adjust their approach to employment in the Calgary marketplace. This part-time position is budgeted at .60 of full-time equivalent for approximately one year with proposals for renewal pending. Work schedule flexibility is occasionally required to meet the needs of program participants.
- Facilitating engaging workshops on career planning, job search, interview preparation and job retention skills;
- Coaching individuals in one-to-one meetings to ensure development, positive reinforcement and constructive feedback for an initial career plan;
- Creating off-site experiential learning for the group;
- Maintaining accurate records and case management for each client;
- Preparing bi-weekly participant progress reports with action plan recommendations.
- Related university degree;
- Career development certification from an accredited institution; equivalent combination of formal education and minimum 5 years local work experience will be considered;
- Cultural competencies and sensitivity to newcomer settlement and transition issues;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team skills;
- Dynamic, self-motivated, positive role model.
To apply, please forward your cover letter & resume quoting the posting 13-011 to:
Posting opens 31/07/2013 and closes 20/08/2013
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates short-listed will be contacted.