Position Title: Ethnicity Catering Program Assistant (Casual)
Posting Number: 13-004
The Centre for Newcomers is an Alberta leader in providing settlement and career services to immigrants. Ethnicity Catering is a unique program operated by the Centre for Newcomers that supports highly barriered newcomers, primarily women, to integrate and settle in Calgary and gain experience through classroom training and working in a real commercial kitchen.
The Role: The Program Assistant (Casual) is responsible for all logistics related to accurate and timely delivery of orders to customers. This position will effectively communicate with the Lead Cook and Customer Relations Representative, and will report to the Coordinator, Programs.The position requires flexible hours for evenings and weekends/orders.
- Delivering customer orders in a timely and food-safe manner, including set-up and presentation as requested; pickup of equipment when needed
- Monitoring customer satisfaction during deliveries;
- Providing feedback as necessary to the Customer Relations Representative
- Communicating regularly with Lead Cook for ordering and/or purchasing of all supplies
- Submitting receipts and invoices to the Customer Relations Representative
- Reporting any vehicle maintenance requirements to the Coordinator, Programs; follow up with implementation as directed
- Diploma in business, certificate in Customer Relations or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License and excellent driving record
- Above -average ability to read maps, follow directions; familiar with all quadrants of the city
- Accurate attention to details
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and time-management skills
- Able to lift and carry up to 20 kg; bending lifting and occasionally managing some stairs are bone fide occupational requirements.
To apply, please forward your cover letter & resume quoting the posting 13-004 to:
Posting opens 12/2/2013 and is ongoing.
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates short-listed will be contacted.