Position Title: Career Practitioner
Program: Business Communication for Accountants
Posting Number: 13-006
The Centre for Newcomers is an Alberta leader in providing settlement and career services to immigrants. Our mission is to achieve the integration of newcomers in the community, through services and initiatives that promote diversity, participation and citizenship. We make a positive difference in the lives of all Calgarians.
The Role: Reporting to the Training Programs Coordinator, this position assists clients in becoming self sufficient in managing their careers. The position requires strong facilitation and communication skills. The Career Practitioner will be instrumental in arranging placement of clients in work practicums with employers. This is a full-time position starting immediately. Some evening/weekend work may be required occasionally.
Program Information: Business Communication for Accountants is an intensive program that helps Newcomers with education and experience in accounting bridge into their profession in Canada
- Supporting Client recruitment/assessment and the development of action plans;
- Coordinating case management with third party assessor;
- Facilitating workshops;
- Initiating communication with the employers leading to work place practicum;
- Monitoring client progress during practicum;
- Promoting program and clients to relevant external audiences;
- Connecting clients to Job Search resources internally and externally.
- University degree in accounting, business, or related field and certificate in Career Development
- Experience in training or workshop facilitation
- Culturally competent: familiar with serving clients from around the world
- Excellent computer skills; familiarity with Mobius.
To apply, please forward your cover letter & resume quoting the posting # 13-006 to:
Posting opened 01/05/2013 and closes 15/05/2013
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates short-listed will be contacted.
The Centre for Newcomers is a place where newcomers to Canada find connections in Calgary.
Making a positive difference in the lives of...