Job Summary: The person in this position is part of the team concept in the Center’s health delivery system, which is devoted to the delivery of primary care in an integrative medicine setting with emphases on prevention and health maintenance. Assist the clinical staff in performing their duties and carrying on the necessary functions required in accordance with established policies and procedures. The position is part time, twice a week with two separate clinic locations. One is located in Markham and the other in Whitby.
*Must be able to to administer Iv's*
(1) Prepare patient for examination and or Intravenous Therapy Treatment
(2) Administer medications, injections and Intravenous Therapy as ordered.
(3) Note brief history or the reason for visit in the patient’s chart.
(4) Assist the clinical staff in completing examination and procedures as instructed.
(5) Take and record height, weight, and blood pressure, pulse rate, respiration, temperature.
(6) Completely fill out lab slips and other forms, when necessary.
(7) Follow universal precautions to protect self and patients.
(8) Assist the medical staff in patient education.
(9)Stock Iv room with supplies.
(10)Under the direction of the provider in charge, takes responsibility of medical supplies and cleaning of the medical instruments and equipment.
(11)Obtain laboratory samples and complete paper work as ordered by the provider.
(12)Any other duties or responsibilities the clinical staff may assign from time to time and when the need arises.
(13)Ability to relate to the public regardless of racial, ethnic and economic status
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
(1) Must have thorough education or training in the basics of medical terminology.
(2) Must be comfortable administrating IV’s and making blood draws.
(3) Must have High school diploma or equivalent.
(4) Must be fluent in English
(5) Must have prior experience working as an RPN.
(6) Ability to work with clinical staff and handle pressure.
(7) Commitment to the concepts of preventive health cares program and team approach to health care delivery.
(8) Ability to learn about patients and their problems
(9) Phlebotomy drawing certificate preferred but not required
(10) A current CPR Certificate is preferred.
(11) Must have successfully completed and graduated from an RPN Program
Please send us your resume if you are interested in becoming part of our team.