We are currently looking for candidates with a passion for animal health care to provide an outstanding educational experience as part time instructors in our Veterinary Hospital Assistant program.
Topics include Veterinary Office Procedures & Client Communications, Anatomy & Physiology, Veterinary Medical Terminology, Breed Identification, Parasitology, Small Animal Nutrition, Dentistry and Surgical Procedures.
Objective/Purpose of the Position
To introduce students to the fundamentals as it relates to the position of a veterinary hospital assistant in a veterinary clinic setting.
Key Responsibilities of the Position
- Between October 7, 2013 and April 1, 2014 instruct approx. 3-18 hrs/wk for a maximum of 11 weeks. Hours and duration depend upon the module and number of modules being taught.
- Grading and evaluation
- Lesson preparation and delivery
- Mentoring and interaction with students
- Creating a rewarding educational and adult learning environment in the classroom
Education and Experience Preferred
- Formal training in a related field and/or a minimum of two years professional experience
- Teaching experience would be an asset but is not necessary
Along with competitive teaching rates, we offer you the opportunity to grow your career with one of the most dynamic private colleges in Atlantic Canada. This position will be re-occurring for the right individual.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.