Centre for Addiction and Mental Health

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great
Administration Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Great people. Great work environment. Opportunities for further education and occupational support.
Worst place I ever worked
Housekeeping (Former Employee), College Str.May 27, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits
Cons: harassment, discrimination
Considering the fact that this is a Government sponsored and regulated facility, and unionized, this is the worst place to work.
There is no respect for the person. I have been harassed, discriminated and humiliated for the entire period I worked there. I was relieved when they let me go on false pretexts.
Challenging and diverse
Social Support Worker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2014
Fun working with youth, very rewarding to teach and set example for vulnerable young people
Great
Sr. Projects/Systems Manager - (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 22, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Excellent Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), TorontoJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: old offices/computers
Lovely people
challenging work environment
excellent rewards
Very productive environment, gratifying and ideal for individuals seeking substantial research experience
Research Assistant Internship (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: not being hindered from broadening your learning experience
A typical day at the CAMH is often busy and your time well utilized. I was able to contribute to the regulatory applications process using what I had learned in the CRA program - the practical experience allowed me to gain insight into the reality of grant proposals, which is a huge plus for a research assistant since that quality is a major aspect – more... of being a Research Associate/Coordinator. Database creation, database maintenance/entry/checking and maintaining CRFs were also tasks attended to on a regular basis, which again, is a another major plus for an aspiring CRA/CRC. – less
the most enjoyable part of the job
Maintenance Generalist (Operating Engineer) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 17, 2012
Trouble shooting equipment problem and fixing the problem.
Worked at the Centre for 20 years and worked with many wonderful people.
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 8, 2012
Pros: good salary and benefits.
Cons: five hours of travelling per day to get to work.
The thing I enjoyed most about my job is my wonderful co-workers and meeting clients from all walks of life. My position could be challenging and difficult at times, but always rewarding at the end of the day. Understanding client needs and having compassion has really taught me invaluable lessons.

About Centre for Addiction and Mental Health

The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) is Canada's largest mental health and addiction teaching hospital, as well as – Read more