Centre for Addiction and Mental Health

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Employee Review

View all Centre for Addiction and Mental Health reviews

Interesting projects, however, poor management
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  toronto, on27 July 2013
Projects can be interesting.
Management: Business analysts typically report to project managers, this type of setup calls for a power authority by PM's and a hierarchical relationship rather than fostering of a healthy team environment. Some management lack adequate training on how to deal with their direct reports and in my experience I found that the style was very paternalistic rather than a healthy relationship based on trust, respect of BA as a team member as well as lack of managers role to foster creativity and utilize/grow individuals talent. BA's are considered worker bee's (do what you are told) rather than respected team members. This can be detrimental not only to the individuals growth but to the teams growth as well impediment to the success of projects. In essence, BA's are not considered professionals with experience. This observation may not represent all PM's and/or other managers at CAMH.
Director level individuals are approachable and ready to listen to feedback and implement improvements.
Interesting observations: Was surprised to find political nuances at deep levels in this organization. It can affect productivity and talent stumper for those caught up in it.
Overall experience has been quite negative at a professional level in this organization. Not certain if it is a very good place for a BA to have positive professional experience, learn and grow.
Pros
Interesting projects
Cons
Management, Can be Unprofessional

Other Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Employee Reviews

love my job
Admitting and Locating Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
Love my job, my co-workers and the Management staff. Just too far away from home. Long distance travelling everyday. Love working and helping our clients.
Excellent place to work. Lots of support.
Volunteer - Social Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 August 2017
I volunteered at CAMH and I had plenty of support from the Social Workers so I could support the clients. I normally accompanied my clients to do activities that they enjoyed and supported them that way.
Pros
Good support from Social Workers
Cons