Join our award winning team!
At the Central Vancouver Island Multicultural Society and its Immigrant Welcome Centre, we are dedicated to the vision of ensuring that immigrants and diverse peoples flourish in this community. We are leaders in providing services for immigrants and in promoting inclusion and respect for all peoples in our community. We are committed to the values of equity and diversity. Central Vancouver Island Multicultural Society is a registered charity and a non‐profit, community‐based agency that works with individuals and organizations. For 35 years, we have responded to the needs of the community by developing programs and services to ensure that all those in our diverse community have equitable access to its services and opportunities. We are currently recruiting for the position:
DIVERSITY PROGRAM COORDINATOR
1 FTE ‐ Salary commensurate with experience.
The position requires an in depth knowledge of creating inclusive communities both in theory and in practice. The position also requires working with community partners to create innovative and unique community projects.
Applicant must be:
- Goal oriented
- Relationship focused
With ability to:
- Engage the community around the ideals of diversity and inclusion
- Develop unique projects
- Engage with various stakeholders to develop and implement project ideas
- Work collaboratively
- Write project proposals and reports
- Evaluate projects
- Develop and run workshops/training
- Work independently
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Significant experience designing and implementing innovative diversity projects
- Experience with community development initiatives
- Superior inter‐personal and communication skills
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Proficiency developing and facilitating workshops/training
- Proven high‐level analytical, strategic, problem identification and problem solving ability
- Strategic and visionary thinking
- Proven leadership capabilities
- Demonstrated self‐awareness and emotional maturity
- Proven ability to obtain funding for activities and initiatives
- Possess a strong history of involvement with and commitment to diversity, anti‐racism and inclusion work
- Proven ability to collaborate and work successfully with multiple constituents and across sectors
- Ability to multi‐task and manage time effectively
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint, internet web search, e‐mail,
- Competency in operating basic instructional equipment, printing, copying, overhead LCD projector and SmartBoard technology
- Experience working with people from a variety of socio‐economic, ethnic and racial backgrounds or with marginalized populations
- Fluency in a second language an asset
The successful candidate will have respect for diversity and proven abilities in working with diverse peoples. Awareness of one’s own capabilities and understanding of when to draw upon others’ expertise, a positive attitude and professional conduct, are vital. We are committed to consider diversity in identity, background and experience in our hiring process.
If you are able to make a positive contribution to our team of professionals AND the combination of skills and experience outlined above describes you, we’d like to hear from you.
Submit resumes to:
Central Vancouver Island Multicultural Society
101 – 319 Selby Street, Nanaimo BC V9R 2R4
Email: office @ cvims.org
Fax: (250) 753‐4250
Deadline: Until filled
Only short‐listed applicants will be contacted
No phone calls please.