We are a small real estate holding company with both residential and commercial properties. We are looking for a full time property accountant (with benefits). The work location is mid town Toronto near the Yonge subway line.
- Responsible for the aspects of accounting/bookkeeping with QuickBooks for the real estate properties
- Prepare month-end close and provide analysis of monthly operating variances (actual vs. budget)
- Prepare cheque disbursements
- Prepare annual operating and capital budgets
- Prepare bank reconciliation
- Monthly GST/QST remittance calculations and reporting.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements for the property companies
- Work efficiently with external auditors
- Assist in other assigned duties in control of vehicle, property and certain administrative functions
- Other duties assigned by management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Cantonese or Mandarin speaking an asset. Fluent in English
- Qualified Accounting Designation
- 5+ years of experience in financial accounting; industry experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal abilities
- Good knowledge of the real estate industry
Indeed - 16 months ago