CENTRAL SECURITY Employee Reviews

Very Productive.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN24 May 2017
Had some difficulty with the management. enjoyed my job responsibility. They do not have a good compensation/benefit. Left because they do not have enough hours
Average
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MA10 May 2017
Good management that trusts you to work on your own. Not very exciting most of the time but it was a good introduction into the world of security. Learned how to write reports and to pay attention to the little things as well as how to interact with people while in uniform.
This Security office closed down
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CA25 April 2017
Yes I worked here for a few months it was bad yes the worker didn't all get paid and many told me this job won't last and the thing is it didn't thank you for hiring me anyway and well this place is closed permanently
Pros
closed
Cons
closed
simple hourly job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MA20 March 2017
i was promised a raise after 6 months. i felt unappreciated, i am a loyal guard i take all the extra hours no one ever took.Supervisor never wanted to change my schedule. i felt like i was just stuck and wasnt moving forward. i dealt with alot of incidents on site and not once was the supervisor worried about how i was doing. i was threatened and the supervisor just said" deal with it."
Pros
site was conveniently close
Cons
i dealt with alot of incidents
Good work relation
Operations manager (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State14 February 2017
It has a determined owner who is willing to help personnel in any way possible.Love to build his team and always give oportunity even to employees that has left the company before when there is need to do so.A right place to work in, the disadvantage is is in small scale and can manage just enough.
Pros
Is very helpful at all times.
Cons
Only when there is need
Great Company
employee (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK15 November 2016
upper management inconsistent leadership. not allowed to make a mistake. co workers are awesome and one of the managers is really good but the other leaders don't appreciate the work the daily workers do
benefits
Cons
intollerance
fine
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Great Yeldham15 October 2016
The hours were too long and shifts were very boring as working alone majority of the time. the money wasn't too good considering the risk of the job and being mostly night shifts. The management team wasn't very professional, always messed me about with shifts, towards the end of me being at the company they barely gave me any shifts at all.
Pros
money
Awesome!
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Euless, TX27 June 2016
Awesome place! Employees are awesome! Managers are great! I gave them 9 years of my life and I do not regret it one bit. They have branches in OK, AZ, and TX. I will highly recommend working for them.
Not applicable training
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX10 June 2016
Started working here with no training on how to work on Alarm Systems. 1 day class room training while others got 3 weeks classroom and 2 weeks nesting. I had 8 hours of nesting training. Would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Lack of training
Great company culture
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa9 May 2016
Great company culture and working relationships with staff and management. Worked as an assistant to the Human Resource director and manager. I was asked to assist on projects for upper management which was great work experience..
Pros
company culture and working relationships with staff and management.
Cons
Pay is really low.
Large Call Center
Staff (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK7 May 2016
Central Security Group is a large call center in Tulsa Oklahoma, but serves the United States in monitoring alarms. You will be trained on the first shift regardless of shift you are hired for.
My dept was not a friendly place to work in
HR Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK5 May 2016
Job was OK but co-workers hard to deal with, only a couple people in dept set the tone of how the day was going to go and supervisors let it continue
Pros
Got off at 3 on Fridays
Cons
My dept was not a friendly place to work in
Ensuring homes are secured
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX22 March 2016
I love the job that (Speaking with my customers on a day to day basis) I do however, Management makes it very stressful for EVERYONE there. The turn over rate it out of this world and nothing like I've ever seen before. Training definitely is needed in this area.
productive and fun workplace
Security Door Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Manchhester8 March 2016
I learnd here that some time we can work in bad weather out side.i learnd here teamwork and problem solve skills.My co-workers are punctual.Management care for their workers.
Pros
Some time free lunch
Cons
long hours.
It was a good starting job but not one you want to make a career
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK13 February 2016
We would go in sit at a computer for 9hrs and answer or make phone calls about people's alarm systems. My supervisor would not allow to have weekends off even if we asked months in advance. The company does not accept doctors notes as excused absents. An employee was telling he worked there for 6yrs and is only receiving a few cents more than me. We are allowed 120hrs of PTO but we can only use it certain times out of the year.
Pros
free wifi, free coffee
Cons
Management works slow, Company will make promises to you but wont keep them
Good company, fair compensation, nice work environment.
Sales - Residential and small commercial. (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX2 February 2016
Enjoyed my time there and had the freedom to handle my own schedule.
Over time I found they did not have installation depth to handle larger commercial jobs thus hurting my ability to sell larger jobs.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Depth of skills for installations.
Fun
Chief Estimator in Engineered Sales (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CA3 November 2015
Some moments high volume of calls and some moments of slow but steady work flow.

Great people to work with. Everyone is very helpful and willing to be apart of a team.
Payroll Administration/Benefits Support (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK30 May 2015
Every day preparing for the next payroll
Learned new payroll software
Management was awesome
Co-workers were great
Hardest part of job was all the detail
Most enjoyable part of job was wonderful management
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
No negative comments
quite place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KS13 April 2015
very low key place not a lot of drama in most cases get along with everyone and they all are very polite, friendly and fun. The hardest part was learning how to answer the phone the correct way and taking calls to schedule the service calls. I am learning how to schedule the service calls and installs and learning little more about the security business but nothing you can learn in a month takes time and patience and knowledge.
Pros
quite, work at my own pace, good employees'
Cons
have to take a lunch
professional, interesting
Certified Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CO22 January 2015
Handling in and out bound calls, while handling accounts to protocall procedure, dispatching the appropriate fire department or police department per individual accounts.I learn new and difference procedures every day because each account is different. We as dispatchers communicate with management regarding proper prota call on accounts, employees also communicate with each other on how to handle accounts properly on a daily basis.i enjoy communicating with customers and handling their accounts to their needs.