Central Health Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent Place to work
Therapeutic Recreation Worker II (Current Employee), Buchans, NLMarch 7, 2016
everything is great with central health, staff very friendly and easy to work with, schedule is 8:30 to 4:30 Mon. thru. Fri, learned a lot in the past nine years, most enjoyable part of my job was getting to spend time with my residents on a daily basis
there was low moral work
Cleaning of senior units and all areas associated (Former Employee), Lewisporte, NLFebruary 12, 2016
everything done a schedule and management over looking employees on regular basis, some social connections between different level of employees. Could be a wonderful place to have a career if properly managed.
Good work/lifestyle balance
Radiologist (Former Employee), NFFebruary 1, 2016
Fair volume
Interesting cases
Light calls
Very pleasant working environment
Respectful coworkers and administrative staff
Good relationship between physicians
Workterm placement
Occupational Health and Safety Consultant (Former Employee), Grand Falls-Windsor, NLJune 10, 2015
It was a good experience as a work term student. Co-workers were great to work with and I learned a lot. Would love to work there again.
My Job as a Homecare Worker
Homecare Worker (Former Employee), Glovertown, NLApril 1, 2015
Pros: Being able to go places instead of being confined in one work space.
Cons: travelling from st.john's to Glovertown to leave my home for long periods of time.
A typical day started at light cleaning duties, cooking, personal care etc.. I also assisted him in any or everywhere this person needed or wanted to go.
I learned how difficult life can be for someone who has no ability to do things for himself. It gave me more consideration and compassion and a different outlook on life.
I worked really well with this person and gained a friend as well. He mentioned several times how much he enjoyed my assistance and it made me feel appreciated.
The hardest part was leaving my home to work in another location. I commuted from st.john's to Glovertown.I enjoyed mainly the places we went and it felt rewarding to make someone smile and enjoy life. .
Good for rural loving people
Primary Care Paramedic (Former Employee), Twillingate, NLFebruary 8, 2015
great work atmosphere, close knit teamwork in a small hospital setting. Great team of Physicians and Nurses. Hospital based paramedic requiring emergency room duties when not working ambulance.
Fun Place to Work
Clerk II (Current Employee), 36 Queensway Grand Falls Windsor NLAugust 15, 2013
Pros: get an hour for lunch
Cons: never no overtime
Very awesome job! The only reason I am applying for any position is I would like a change and to make more money. All my co workers are like one big family. A typical day is I arrive in the morning to unlock the Community Health Care centre I check all my messages and from their my day is fairly very busy with referrals, deadlines for reports, ordering office supplies and stock for med room, entering payroll and data. Setting up reservations for meetings, travel, etc. My phone is always busy with clients and vendors calling. I am also the fire marshell for the building along with ensuring all the staff are equipped with the proper mask in case of an emergency, this has to be done yearly, along with attending Occupational health and safety meetings. I have worked for Central Health now for 11 years and have had many positions and learned a great deal. The best part of my job is working with clients and getting to meet so many people and of course my co workers knowing that at the end of the day I have done my job and made everyone happy.
Staff were excellent. Warm and friendly environment.
Community Health Needs and Resources Assessment Co (Former Employee), Springdale, NLJanuary 29, 2013
A typical day including collecting research (both primary and secondary), analyzing the data and report generation. It also included traveling on a weekly basis to other sites to conduct research and meet with the steering committee. Towards the end of my contract I did presentations in different communities highlighting points of my research and gaining feedback. During my time with Central Health I built on my research and facilitating skills. The management which was who I worked hand and hand with and the employees in the building were amazing and very help especially in the first few weeks when I was learning how the organization operated and I was learning my way around the different hospitals.
The less enjoyable thing about the job was the lack of daily face to face communication. The most enjoyable thing was the staff and warm friendly environment along with the opportunity to build on my education and skills.