Strategic Relationship Director
Business Development & Delivery
From our offices in Vancouver, Mississauga and Toronto, Central 1 Credit Union supports 150 member credit unions across British Columbia and Ontario, and service over 200+ other financial institution and corporate clients coast to coast. Simply put, we are the backbone of the credit union system in both provinces; providing a wide range of services including liquidity management, payments processing, product development and countless trade association functions. Our team of over 500 employees represent some of the most innovative, passionate individuals you’ll ever meet; people who honestly care about the organization, its members and each other. In other words, people who love what they do.
The Strategic Relationship Director’s primary focus is to lead the relationship with strategic accounts and provide proactive client contact to maintain business, improve client satisfaction, and expand usage of Central 1’s Direct Banking and Payments products and services. The position is based in our Mississauga office.
You’ll be accountable for:
- Building, maintaining, and enhancing relationships with key executives at assigned clients, to understand their needs and develop new business opportunities, growing the breadth and depth of Central 1 Technology and Payment services.
- Ensuring exceptional customer service by maintaining relationships with key client stakeholders to increase overall awareness of Central 1’s delivery capabilities, product, and service offerings.
- Diplomatic by nature, you act as the conflict resolution front person, advocating on behalf of your clients.
- Leading or assisting in the sales process with qualifying, pursuing and winning opportunities to close as required.
- Generating leads by interacting with client decision makers for developing future sales growth.
- Maintaining a sound understanding of the features and benefits of available Central 1 direct banking and payments products and services.
- Developing, implementing or assisting in the sales and marketing campaigns for his/her region of responsibility.
- Leading, developing and presenting sales support materials, presentations and strategic planning sessions; and preparing proposals and responses to requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Working collaboratively with the marketing team to provide consultation, analysis and perspective on product design, branding, and marketing initiatives to ensure alignment with client needs and objectives.
- Provide input and support to the department’s marketing and brand management and build awareness, ensuring that Central 1’s products are professionally represented in the marketplace.
- Maintaining a high level of visibility and client presence by effective communications and relations with current and potential clients.
- Liaising internally with departments to advocate for your clients and to champion change and innovation in the organization with the objective of enhancing client satisfaction and maintaining existing business.
- Providing support to department teams in product development, incident management resolution and ongoing client initiatives.
Your qualifications include:
- A post-secondary education or the equivalent in work-related experience.
- You are a seasoned professional with proven accomplishment at a senior level with a focus on key account management, sales and marketing of technology and payment services.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, with a track record of building strong client relationships, and a passion for being a leader in a “client centric” organization.
- You have written and verbal communication skills at a senior level with the ability of creating and influencing mutually beneficial outcomes.
- You are self-motivated, have high degree of problem solving/analytic skills, and able to take imitative and apply the right pressure to get the job done on behalf of the clients.
- You will have extensive contact with clients to develop and secure interaction with all levels that increase account penetration and leads to increased revenue opportunities with existing clients.
- You are diplomatic, and tactful, and have the ability to communicate within Central 1 corporate guidelines while remaining flexible to meet the diversity of the clients.
- You are accurate and precise. The accuracy of information is crucial; errors could have a serious negative impact on the image of Central 1.
- Fluently bilingual in French and English, both written and spoken.
The position requires ongoing travel and extended hours may be required to attend meetings, conferences and client-related events. Time management and excellent coordination are essential to meeting the demands of the position.
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements, ample vacation time and staff mortgage discounts.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.
Indeed - 2 years ago
As the primary liquidity manager, payments processor and trade association for our member credit unions in B.C. and Ontario, we provide...