Professional EVENT COORDINATOR – FINE DINING
_Chef-run Fine Dining Restaurant Downtown
Centini Restaurant & Lounge is a chef-run, award-winning busy downtown
restaurant with a refined approach to Italian cuisine. The restaurant menu
features local, artisanal, organic and specially imported products. We make
fresh pasta, our own bread and prepare our mis en place from carefully
Our clients are some of the largest corporations in the City. The event coordinator ensures that all components of the private dining experience are organized to perfection._
We are looking for an experienced professional Event & Marketing Coordinator.
The restaurant offers a highly competitive compensation package, numerous perks as well as a health and dental plan. This is a salaried position.
The Event Coordinator will play an integral part of the restaurant’s corporate event planning. The restaurant requires an individual who possesses the skills to interact comfortably, diplomatically, and professionally with some of the largest corporate clients in the city.
The Coordinator will work directly with the Executive Chef while acting as a liaison between the company and its corporate clients. Direct responsibilities include sending customized menus, getting approval/selections and finalizing the booking.
The Event Coordinator will also mange the restaurant office and be responsible for responding to customer email requests, updating menu data, updating the wine list and ensuring corporate event planners have all the necessary information and follow-up from the restaurant to finalize their event.
The Event & Marketing Coordinator will also assist in maintaining the restaurant’s Web and Blog site, handle directory listings and coordinate advertising efforts.
Knowledge and Experience
- The Event Coordinator position requires minimum two years of work experience in Event Planning or related field. Post secondary education in Business Administration, Event Planning or related field is an asset. You may have worked in an executive assistant capacity booking events from the client side and have always been intrigued by "the other side". This is your opportunity!
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and organizational abilities as well as professional business manners are necessary for this role.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Applications including Word and Excel is required.
- Typing skills and accuracy are required.
- Ability to promote, negotiate, prioritize, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment are essential.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to form a good rapport with a wide variety of people. Naturally friendly, but always professional.
- Available to start in mid August.
- A professional, positive and friendly business manner is a must.
If you are a team player with excellent computer skills who can work independently, a good listener who can work well under pressure, a professional who is accountable and reliable, you are a perfect fit for this upscale, fine dining restaurant and we'd like to hear from you immediately.
Please e-mail your resume immediately or fax to 403 261 2874