Centerplate

Centerplate Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Ups & Downs
Concession Supervisor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 9, 2014
Pros: food, events
Cons: parking
Long hours on your feet. atleast 10+ hour days per event. nice seeing free events even though your working them
Great Company
Senior Catering Sales Manager (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 5, 2014
Love the flexibility of work and the experience of different events.
Fun & Productive Work Environment
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee), Gore Mountain Ski AreaMarch 1, 2014
Pros: top notch food
Cons: hourly wage
Your first step in the door and you know you have stepped into a learning environment. Co workers are excellent, managers are nice. Overall awesome place to work.
Productive and fun
Ski Technician (Current Employee), New YorkFebruary 28, 2014
Insightful to learn about an activity I never previously enjoyed. The customers make the job fun, especially when you are remembered after a few weeks' break.
FUN
Waiter (Current Employee), Belmont, NYFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: ok
Cons: long hours
GOOD MONEY, FUN JOB, GREAT STAFF, OK MANAGEMENT. CASH, WEEKLY CHECKS.
I loved being a cook and working there.
Line cook (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 20, 2014
I loved working there and being a cook but i quit because i found a better job being a Phlebotomist.
Great Job with not enough hours
Cook (Current Employee), Boulder, COFebruary 13, 2014
Loved working here, but it is mainly for football season. Once that is over, work really dries up, which is too bad, because I really like working there, and environment is great.
didnt really care about employees
Line cook/After-games blower (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 10, 2014
my paycheck was stolen and they didnt even care, i tried to file a complaint and management ignored me
Energetic and fun team
Banquet Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 7, 2014
We are fortunate to have a team that has a vast amount of knowledge about great service and even better food. Not your typical venue with traditional style. We are always looking for new and better ways to enhance our product and make the guest experience a memorable one.
First official job
Cashier (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTFebruary 6, 2014
I salute this company because they give teens the chance of getting work experience. My typical day at work was opening the concession stand when there were events at the Arena. My co-workers and I had to make sure we had enough inventory to complete all orders. I would take customer orders and ensure that they got served in a timely manner. I enjoyed – more... it very much because this was my first job and I loved the interaction with the customers. We served a very diverse group of customers. – less
Enjoyable Workplace
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Central Islip, NYFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free meal
I had a lot of fun working within a baseball stadium. It was nice to meet customers that had a great attitude and passion for the sport. The entire staff of Centerplate was very upbeat and great to work for.
Enjoyable Experience
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Opp (Current Employee), Landover, MDJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: free lunch, weekly pay
Cons: cold building during the winter.
I enjoyed my experience with centerplate. My supervisors/managers did a good job with making sure everyone knew their responsibilities and the correct procedures to take towards succeeding them. With everyone having full knowledge of their responsibility made the experience much easier. The hardest part about the job was organizing frozen products. – more... The low temperature environment sometimes made it hard to maneuver and control certain products due to the amount of ice. Although, i mostly enjoyed the free lunch everyday. – less
Productive work expreince very fast pace as well as high value of customers
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Newark, NJJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: discounted tickets to see preformances
Cons: not enough pay
A typical day at work consisted of knowing your responsibility and getting the job done in a fast and satisfactory manner.

I learned good time management skills.

I'm good team player so I tried my best to keep a positive relationship with my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was lifting heavy equipment.

The most enjoyable part of the job was – more... meeting new clients. – less
Good professional company
Director of Retail Hospitality (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: allowed to run department
Cons: sometimes 20 plus days of work
Create new menus, provide employee schedules, supervise employees, plan from BEO, provide all requirements for Health Department, budget planning, food and dry goods ordering
fun place nice co-workers
Food Prep (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: free launch
Cons: confusing at times
A typical day at work is very hard if you don't like standing for a lot of hours and dealing with 1,000 different people. In this job I learned how to deal with rude customers. Most of the co-workers were very friendly and I will have them in my mind the rest of my life. The best part of the job are meeting kind fun people.
center plate
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 3, 2014
my first job, but was part time seasonal, had to find a stable job to support my self
Seasonal work
Beertender (Former Employee), Mission Valley, CADecember 17, 2013
I very much enjoyed this job though it was seasonal part time I was compensated fairly and liked the ability to run my own stand and was solely responsible for it.
Productive/Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 16, 2013
Pros: great pay, great food, great employees
Cons: short hours at times, short breaks
A typical day at work, is hectic most of the days We run around like a chicken with it's head cut off because the staffing doesn't order enough food for the events that they host, so its kind of hard having to run back and fourth through the convention center trying to meet The Peoples demands. Management is well organized & On top of there Business, – more... My co-workers are really helpful and friendly its a good environment for a hard working person. The hardest part of the job is Not knowing mainly the job you do most of the times because they don't really let you know they just send you out and expect you to take role. The Most Enjoyable part of the job is the amazing money and Great Food. – less
Centerplate is a caring and very well structured company.
Assistant Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 15, 2013
I enjoy worknig for centerplate because the staff is helpful and very well as a team. A very well respected and appreciated company.
Great fun company to work for as long as your willing to work hard
Vendor (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 12, 2013
Carrying heavy loads and dealing with large amounts of cash, fun selling to customers and enjoying watching games