Centerplate Employee Reviews

The best part time job out there.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 26, 2016
Show up a couple hours before the event would begin.Get your stand set up and your stations prepped up. Doors open and you serve people till the event starts, it's quiet for a while. Half time is insane but you get through it, you clean up and you go home. after the event ends.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
dealing with thousands of people
productive, Fun,
Concession Worker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 5, 2016
I enjoy working at center plate because we have a fun, hardworking environment. I learned a lot about hard work and dedication to your job while working at center plate
Dont care about employees
Food runner(hired as server) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 30, 2016
Management is horrible. They hire people on as servers and bartenders and use them only as runners minimum wage.management is very condescending. No breaks at all.
SUCKY LAZY Coworkers, No Breaks,
food expitetor (Former Employee) –  santa claraFebruary 24, 2016
This place is for those who are on the dole and can't find work elsewhere. Ex Cons, Mentally challenged, the worst get jobs here. Some work hard...others hardly work. Rude co-workers, managers, supervisors who are rude and disrespectful. You are lucky to get lunch and they don't give breaks AT ALL. Can't get transferred around to other venues inside the stadium. And NO ONE likes cleaning the stand at the end of the night.
Oh, and you can ONLY eat a hot dog or soda even though they toss out 3/4 of the food every night. horrible waste here!
Pros
free parking, ok uniform, 8+ hrs each gig
Cons
no breaks, sometimes you get lunch
An alright workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSDecember 21, 2015
It is sometimes very unorganized but if you want a job where you can make about $40-$50 a shift any night that works well for you, on top of a normal job or school, this job is probably a good decision. Most people are welcoming and if you can learn on the go it'll work well for you.
Pros
You get a 50% discount on food before the game and sometimes free food after the event.
Cons
The hours are mostly at night, sometimes they don't stock your area, so get some heat from customers
over all this company s,o,c,k,s
banquet chef (Current Employee) –  levi's stadium santa claraOctober 14, 2015
this company offers the best so they can get you in , ones your in your up for a big surprise.
all I say is get all of your stuff in paper and before you do any
get all your benefits vacations and salary make sure you add the bonus

att.
if is buzzy you put the time if is slow they cut you hours
Pros
unpay lunch
Cons
work is great and enjoyable.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 16, 2015
Productive and fun workplace . My co workers are cooperative and enjoy every customer being served each day and hour of every shift. I learned to more patient and courteous to everyone.
Pros
free uniform
Cons
less hours
Amazing first job
line cook (Former Employee) –  winnipeg manitobaMay 14, 2015
management was an amazing team. the supervisors where always willing to help me in my daily work. The atmosphere was amazing.
Great place to work. Good Teamwork atmosphere.
MTS Centre - Deck Supervisor (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 29, 2015
A typical day at work starts at the check in where you are given specifics of the particular days events and what is expected of you. I go into my area and check to make sure each booth is ready. I work with each booth leader to make sure they have everything they need and that the inventory levels are correct. During the event I am available to the booths to help fix any problems that may arise, and order anything they need during business. At the end of the event I make sure that all booths are clean and locked up. I work with the check out team to make sure all inventory counts are correct at the end of the night.
Management are very organized and clear about what they expect of employees. Schedules are done well enough in advance so you know when you are working. Most of my coworkers are great and they all know how to do their job. The hardest part of the job is to try and motivate a few number of the staff that are not able to be motivated. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are in the action. You are involved with some major social events in the City and the atmosphere is always upbeat.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
not a full time job.
fun first job
Concessions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 21, 2014
great for some extra cash on the side or for a first job. really teaches you responsibility.
thirsty, hungry, tired and yelled at
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  VancouverDecember 6, 2014
Crazy making....little to no training ,little direction, last minute chaos all the time. Some really hard workers. No food or water for hours or the entire shift. They would rather make you throw food out than let you eat it, even if you have not eaten all shift. Harsh treatment by management, some captions and senior staff .Beware!
Pros
lucky if you get a break never mind lunch
Cons
work hard and be blamed for their misdirection - no respect given
Messy
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 25, 2014
It is a fast paced environment but the time I was there I felt like I was free to do whatever I wanted too. There was no control of any sort by anybody. I sometimes found other to be off task and just do what ever it is they wanted too.
productive and fun work place
Catering Server (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 6, 2014
i work with great people in an awesome environment. everyone is always so happy and helpful
Pros
free dinner
Cons
sore feet
productive
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 26, 2014
Handled complaints and difficult situations in a professional manner
Serviced a diverse market segment ranging from sports fans to high end banquets and corporate clienteles
Pros
free lunch
Cons
pay
Friendly people, happy environment.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  winnipegMay 30, 2014
Lots of friendly welcoming people there, and a lot of people there to help if you need it.
Fun working place with positive people
Tim Horton's (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 28, 2014
A typical day at work is fun. Every one there is friendly and willing to help each other if there's a problem or something.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co-workers and doing the job without any problems.
Pros
free food, positive co-workers
Got to work cool events, however low pay with little shifts.
Cashier, Liquor and Concessions (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 25, 2014
Duties:
 Open and closing of concession booth
 Food prep, cooking and serving
 Check for age and intoxication of drinking patrons
 Beer and liquor service
 Cleaning and management of concession booth
Pros
get to work events that you can't afford, few shifts leave schedule open.
Cons
only work around 12 days in a month, no opportunities for more shifts really.
casual part time so better get two jobs
First Cook (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 25, 2013
ive been advanced to supervisor, got raises, working on benifits but according to them i need to maintain 34 hours per week for 3 months witch will never happen
Pros
great place great people great managment and unconventional raveable results!
Cons
no benifits, long hours when their is hours, and no ot cause im supervisory ? tring to fix that !
productive & fun place to work
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg,MbMarch 23, 2012
Fast paced,energetic,very understanding bosses,friendly staff but the hardest part is dealing with intoxicated patrons.