Centerplate is the Official Supplier of Food and Beverage Services to the Vancouver Convention Centre. With our waterfront location and breathtaking views, the Vancouver Convention Centre offers one of the most beautiful and unique settings in the world, both for clients and employees.
Centerplate and our partner venues have been defining extraordinary experiences through thoughtful hospitality, expertly delivered, for more than 80 years at gathering places across North America and the United Kingdom. As the pioneer and leader in live event hospitality, we are committed to making the time that people spend together more rewarding and more valuable. “Making it better to be there since 1929.”
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, service-oriented individual in the Banqueting Department as a Banquet Office Coordinator (part-time), supporting the full-time Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of Banquets, this hourly position may entail varying hours and weekends. The role is responsible for scheduling, staffing and other administrative needs of our large and busy Banqueting department.
- Staffing banquet functions according to business levels and policies, while assisting in maintaining the budgeted labour costs.
- Produce a weekly schedule working with employee availabilities, types of events and adhering to BC Employment Standards.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Managers and Captains to ensure appropriate staffing levels for events and keeping them informed of any schedule changes including late and no show.
- Administrative tasks including producing an accurate daily employee list, maintaining up to date employee contact information and be responsible for employee communications relating to scheduling and other department related news.
- Inform department managers of any staffing changes to the schedule on a daily basis.
- Inform relevant departments of schedules to resource uniforms and meal requests.
- Confirm and document employee attendance, absences and requests.
- Order Servers through designated staffing agencies as needed, being the main contact between them and Banquet Management.
- Keep a "time and date log" of all calls, including calls that are initiated by the Scheduler to increase staffing or to change or cancel shifts that were previously scheduled and confirmed.
- Order office and banquet operation small supplies.
- Handle float requests.
- Print buffet item labels.
- Enter weekly payroll in the system.
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
- Office management experience in a busy and changing environment is required.
- Administration, Hospitality or Hotel Management diploma or degree strongly preferred.
- Experience scheduling 50+ employees is preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills are a must.
- Time management and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment is required.
- A proactive and creative approach to problem solving.
- Strong computer skills with Outlook, Excel, Word and databases.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to participate in a team environment.
- Professional communications skills to understand written and oral direction and communicate same with others. Strong proficiency in English is required.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Mobility is needed to attend various meetings and events. Hours may be extended or irregular to include evenings and weekends.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
For Centerplate at the Vancouver Convention Centre, preparing first-class food and beverages for our guests is a key part of who we are. If you have the skills, experience and service focus we are looking for, please submit your resume and cover letter through Indeed.ca, stating the position in the subject line of the email. Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.