Centennial College Employee Reviews

challenging and competitive envrionment but yet relaxing with music sometimes
Operations Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2013
A typical day at work is the maintenance of the student association building, attending to student complaints and event coordination. i had the opportunity to gather Canadian working experience and was Opportune to work with people from different cultures.My co workers were brilliant and had a wonderful time working with them, the hardest part was event coordination and the most enjoyable part was when we all gathered to eat and share experiences.
Amazing place and an opportunity to meet new students always
Peer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 February 2016
Good place to work.
Cool environment.
Great people.
They will try to help you whenever you need them.
Awesome infrastructure.
Lots of Networking events, but the manager should be good enough so that you can go out and network.
Pros
Opportunity to meet new students
Cons
Language barrier
Part-time instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2016
Great place to work with very supportive staff and team work
Good benefit
A very rewarding experience working with students and volunteers
Fantastic company to work for
Computer Lab Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2015
Centennial is fabulous when it comes to staff and management.

I love what I do at Centennial. My only complaint is that I do not work enough hours.
Pros
Working with students and helping them acheive their desired goals
Cons
Not enough hours
Friendly and diverse atmosphere, poor quality jobs
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2016
Relaxed, friendly and diverse atmosphere in which you can find a strong team feeling.

From the negative side, poor quality and low wage jobs.
Pros
Business hours
Cons
Temporality, instability.
Continuous Training.
Digital Recruitment Admissions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is all the training that you get in order to be ready for future projects.
Centennial is always training the staff in order to prepare them with the best tools and skills .
Productive and gain knowledge of systems hardware and its working
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 February 2016
Learned how to Quickly diagnosed causes of system failure and malfunction to ensure highest operation efficiency, reliability and quality performance standards
Excellent work place with shades of seriousness and playfulness
Student Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 June 2013
Centennial college had the ideology of promoting and hiring from within the school system. Although a casual position a typical day at work was fun and relaxing, everyone was open with one another. Being able to speak to one of your supervisors with relative ease was reassuring to me should I encounter a problem.
Pros
variety of benefits
Cons
Casual hours
Productive, educative and great place to learn and grow in all types of careers opportunty
Financial Aid Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2013
Busy
Learned the financial system
Management was amazing
Co-workers were helpful, friendly and very knowledgable
Dealing with the students and being able to help them
Fun and easy going.
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Scarborough13 November 2014
I loved to work there because my boss was so helpful and kind. They often provided me enough space to decide to work, I was almost independent to decide and work. However it was Very Very less pay since the college itself was in loss. They were not able to invest any more to attract students. There was no future advancement of employee.

Want to know more about Centennial College?

Ask a question
School
Writer - The Toronto Observer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario27 November 2015
Post-Graduate sports journalism program. Had the opportunity to do play-by-play for the men's and women's basketball teams during their run to the playoffs. Also got to interview coaches and have my broadcast streamed online. Had articles published online from my time in Florida as well as we covered athletes from minor-league affiliates.
Enjoying
Cost Control Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2016
At Centennial I am part-time cost tutor.
I love this idea to share my knowledge with other students and help them to improve they knowledge and school marks
Met and worked with top management
Director of Representative Office, Istanbul Turkey (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2013
Got involved in about 5 different initiatives met academics as well as management. As a results got involved in different disciplines, from hospitality, to energy, to recruitment of international students, which took me all the way to Istanbul.
Pros
fulfilling
Cons
contractual engagement
Safe working environment with a pool table
Start Smart Mentor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2013
- Plan activites for mentees
- I learned about icebreakes
- Management was really good
- I had really good co-workers
- Hardest part of the job is late night hall duty
- The most enjoyable part of the job is suring my knowledge with mentees.
Pros
Free lunch everyday
Cons
15 hours shifts
it is a great environment
Part Time Instructor, School of Engineering (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2016
combination work and life balance at centennial.

I have always loved teaching and students and this is an ideal place which is my part time recreation
As with Dixon Hall and COSTIm it was good to help people with their varous needs
Job Developer/Coach/outreach (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the great team at Centennial College and helping people realize their goals. My days at Centennial were quite varied because along with working one-on-one with individuals in the office, I went out into the community to do outreach at schools, libraries, and other venues, and informed people of the great services we could make available to them.

The most enjoyable part, as always, was to see people prosper as a result of the support and guidance they received from the team at Centennial.
Pros
Great work team
Cons
working on contract - very few full-time postions
Entry level job with hands-on experience on electronic devices and circuits
Electronics Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2015
Provide exceptional training and education to new trainee and students who enter in the world of technology. Also, supported me to get down hands-on experience on electronic circuits, equipment such as Function generator, Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer and other heavy electronic devices
food basics
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2012
i work at a Commmunity Colleg where i enjoy helping students finding their products and answering their question which gives me more confident to talk to students. Having one on one conversations with them helps me build and improve my Customer Service Skills.
Pros
better work envirenment
Cons
less management
An excellent experience working at the college
Student Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 July 2013
My overall experience working at Centennial College is great. You have the opportunity of interacting with guest, getting more acquainted with the school's system, working in the call center and accomplishing given task with coworkers. During my experience I have a better knowledge of how to manage my time on busy days and strategies of dealing with customer and guest who had a frustrating day. The hardest part of my job while working at the college was getting graduates to return gowns while i was working in the gowning department in the previous graduation. However, the part i enjoyed the most was when all coworkers had to cooperate with each other during the rush hour session of the ceremony.
Pros
Free Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Professional college
Architectural Drafter (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 March 2015
Centennial College is one of colleges in Toronto that has high reputation on architectural professional field. Its courses cover a variety of knowledge including project management, computer aided design, and estimating etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centennial College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3