Centennial College Employee Reviews

Wonderful Place to work with great professionals
Professor, School Of Advancement General Education (Current Employee) –  Scarborough21 July 2015
It is a wonderful place to work with dedicated staff. The atmosphere is great and energizing. Facilities are top notch and well maintained.
Hardest part i
Best workplace for researching
Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2014
I work as a part-time position as a student researcher. My responsibility is research about ClimateWell 10 which is one of recently invent in solar absorption cooling technology. We try to optimize the device in a specific application in all stages

I learnt many new thing about renewable energy as well as integrating energy system to buildings to save electric consumption

Here, I have very nice partners, a best team that we worked together and learn from each other, support others to finish task

My supervisor also helped me a lot to improve myself, provided me not only helpful advice but also valuable feedback
Pros
Flexible, Active environment
Cons
Part-time
Productive and helpful to learn technical skills and enjoyable workplace
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2014
- To set up lab equipment for student to perform their labs.
- Provide help to instructors and technician to perform maintenance on lab equipment and machine.
- Helped Students to operate lab equipment very precisely.
- Troubleshoot and repair electro-pneumatic, hydraulic,electrical and automation (Robotic cell) systems.
- Learned various strategies to troubleshoot any problem in machines.
- Learned to complete task with precision.
- Enjoyed working with instructors and students.
Very enjoyable workplace, fun and great team
Student Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 April 2014
The information I can give is rather limited as it was a call-in type job. However for the amount I've participated in, it was very enjoyable; the team was very kind and the manager was also very helpful.

The most difficult part of this work was in the beginning where we had to write our own scripts to use as a guideline during conferences. After this it became much easier to manage; the team was great and how the job was performed made it to be a very fun experience.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Not many hours/very consistent
Review of Centennial College
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 November 2012
The college is strongly lacking processes leading to lack of organization within the system.
80% of all new jobs are on a contract basis and it takes upwards of a few years to be hired on, if it comes to that.
My coworkers are focused on "get to work, get finished, go home". No one really seems to enjoy being there.
The hardest part of my job is managing my boss. She is a bit aloof and without me, I know that many things would fall through the cracks.
I enjoy the constant variety of tasks that I am handed daily and I love coming up with new ways to accomplish things.
I miss enjoying work, and having a good time with my coworkers and management.
Cons
long hours, lack of appreciation
Employee appreciation
Student Worker  (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2013
As a student worker for Centennial College, our manager always rewarded our efforts for increasing the school's application rate with a free team lunch at the end of each semester. The lunch composes of a free meal alongside small gifts which act as tokens of appreciation to all the employees. This gesture does not only show our management's appreciation, it also raises moral within all of the workers in our team.
Pros
Free Lunch and positive work environment.
Cons
Ergonomically improvable work spaces.
As with Dixon Hall and COSTIm it was good to help people with their varous needs
Job Developer/Coach/outreach (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the great team at Centennial College and helping people realize their goals. My days at Centennial were quite varied because along with working one-on-one with individuals in the office, I went out into the community to do outreach at schools, libraries, and other venues, and informed people of the great services we could make available to them.

The most enjoyable part, as always, was to see people prosper as a result of the support and guidance they received from the team at Centennial.
Pros
Great work team
Cons
working on contract - very few full-time postions
challenging and competitive envrionment but yet relaxing with music sometimes
Operations Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2013
A typical day at work is the maintenance of the student association building, attending to student complaints and event coordination. i had the opportunity to gather Canadian working experience and was Opportune to work with people from different cultures.My co workers were brilliant and had a wonderful time working with them, the hardest part was event coordination and the most enjoyable part was when we all gathered to eat and share experiences.
Active in sports like hockey(field), Cricket and Volleyball .Captained the GGM Science College Hockey Team in 2007 and made it to finals
Project Management Graduate (Former Employee) –  toronto19 March 2014
Using computer based technologies to create, retrieve, and store data
.Knowledge of Word Processing, Graphics and Multimedia
.Sophisticated knowledge of Operating systems and installing Windows
.Sound knowledge of Internet security and Routers
.Strong grasp of different operating systems
.Strong knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and MS Access
.Decision tree analysis
.Developing scope statement
.Flexibility
.Understanding current policies
.Budgeting
.Implementing and managing project changes to achieve project goal
.Project portfolio management
.Developing the schedule
Corporation Setting
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2013
Would convert around 50-60 E-Book files into learning tools (ie: Kurzweil 3000 and Read and Wright Gold) or pdf files in approximately 4-5 hours. While still managing to tutor from 4-5 students in the operation of Kurzweil as well as Read and Wright Gold. Was also tasked with assisting senior staff with any of their multiple responsibilities.
Pros
close interaction with students with disabilities
Cons
not enough liesure time
Highly Productive, Punctual, Efficient, Reliable
Data Entry/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, Ontario3 June 2014
Dealt with customers problems face to face and over the phone and would help trouble shoot. Would print invoices for customers. Entered customer information on the system. Provided tours for potential and new students. Represented the Centennial College at College Fairs.
Pros
Learning new skills and techniques, meeting new people
Cons
Not as much hours as full time
Excellent work place with shades of seriousness and playfulness
Student Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 June 2013
Centennial college had the ideology of promoting and hiring from within the school system. Although a casual position a typical day at work was fun and relaxing, everyone was open with one another. Being able to speak to one of your supervisors with relative ease was reassuring to me should I encounter a problem.
Pros
variety of benefits
Cons
Casual hours
An excellent experience working at the college
Student Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 July 2013
My overall experience working at Centennial College is great. You have the opportunity of interacting with guest, getting more acquainted with the school's system, working in the call center and accomplishing given task with coworkers. During my experience I have a better knowledge of how to manage my time on busy days and strategies of dealing with customer and guest who had a frustrating day. The hardest part of my job while working at the college was getting graduates to return gowns while i was working in the gowning department in the previous graduation. However, the part i enjoyed the most was when all coworkers had to cooperate with each other during the rush hour session of the ceremony.
Pros
Free Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Fun and productive work environment
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On26 August 2015
Working at Centennial College has been nothing but enjoyable. The staff are amazing and the students are very nice. Its a great experience.
Great opportunity to learn on your own
Research Assistant - summer project (Former Employee) –  Pickering4 March 2015
It was great opportunity to learn everything on your own. Lots of literature reviews. Lots of laboratory analysis, results and poster presentation were good.
Pros
Experience, Feeling good to working for reputed organization
Cons
Difficulties of working on own
Great place
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto Ontario25 August 2015
It's a great place to work and it can get quiet and slow at times which allows you to study new technologies so that you can better yourself and better the organization
Fun and easy going.
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Scarborough13 November 2014
I loved to work there because my boss was so helpful and kind. They often provided me enough space to decide to work, I was almost independent to decide and work. However it was Very Very less pay since the college itself was in loss. They were not able to invest any more to attract students. There was no future advancement of employee.
Met and worked with top management
Director of Representative Office, Istanbul Turkey (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2013
Got involved in about 5 different initiatives met academics as well as management. As a results got involved in different disciplines, from hospitality, to energy, to recruitment of international students, which took me all the way to Istanbul.
Pros
fulfilling
Cons
contractual engagement
Overall a nice environment for education with various facilities. Excellent faculty.
Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2014
Learned what i didnt knew and with much more clarity. Hands on training and carried out various project. Learned how to operate different types of instruments like SDS PAGE, PCR, Spectrophotometer, Gel Electrophoresis etc
Pros
Gym, game room.
Cons
No flexibility with time.
Productive and fun place
Program Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2015
Very intensive high energy work day. Co-workers are team oriented.
Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with faculty and students and helping help solve complex problems

4.3