Centennial College Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun Research
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 9, 2016
The work load wad good and the staff were great. The wealth of knowledge amassed in the short time was beneficial and great.
To heavy a workload for the dollar!
ELECTRICAL PROFESSOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 9, 2016
Course Material was not up to date or easily accessible in some cases. Students were in some cases not willing to do the work but expected good marks and college officials seemed to bow down to the students!
Volunteer
Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 11, 2016
it was great experience working for centennial college helped out new students to get familiar with centennial college progress campus and get used to of services provided by centennial college for example gym, career adviser etc.In addition I had a great team to worked with.
Pros
team work
Cons
few hours
Co-workers and environment
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 8, 2016
This is a fun and team spirit place to work. The experience is enlightening and excited. This is a friendly environment to work, the employees are very welcoming and helpful.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
no place for growth
learning enviornment
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 24, 2016
You get to develop your communication skills. We get a lot of things to learn. As a peer tutor, I tutored on hourly basis according to the appointments made by students. The staff is friendly and co-operating.
Engaging Workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 21, 2016
A typical day included being a receptionist and providing information for students.I also helped in the facilities department.
Productive and exicting workplace
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 19, 2016
It is a professional outfit that encourages employee skills and hard work. It gives me an opportunity to be able to use my skills to improve the growth of the company and customer satisfaction
Wonderful place to work!
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 3, 2016
Peer Tutoring position is a very nice position to practice my communication skills as I help my fellow junior students with their assignments and anxiety related to the school work. I am able to, not only promote the success of my fellow peers but I was able to practice skill of effectively communicating for the needs of each and individual student.

Overall - Centennial College Learning Center makes it a very welcoming and supportive environment for their tutors.
Pros
Choosing you own times
Excellent place to prepare jobs
Environmental Technician Student (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 28, 2016
Well organized Environmental Program
Many lab courses are crucial.
Identification of waster aspects are key items to cover.
Part-time instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2016
Great place to work with very supportive staff and team work
Good benefit
A very rewarding experience working with students and volunteers
Variety of jobs
Work-study employee (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 2, 2016
I could be assigned to sit at the triage desk in the front or be in the call center in the back . Sitting at the Triage desk involved directing and assisting students with their questions and concerns. Attending to phones calls at the call center regarding information individuals needed related to events and/or programs. I really enjoyed meeting other students whether it was if they were working with me or coming to me for help.
Wonderful Environment
Department Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 1, 2016
Great professional environment with friendly employees and students alike. I enjoyed my experience here and gained office receptionist skills under my belt for future administrative opportunities. Management is great! Very humble, treats everyone alike!
Pros
great environment, free snacks!
Cons
only contracts usually provided
Friendly and diverse atmosphere, poor quality jobs
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Relaxed, friendly and diverse atmosphere in which you can find a strong team feeling.

From the negative side, poor quality and low wage jobs.
Pros
Business hours
Cons
Temporality, instability.
Productive and gain knowledge of systems hardware and its working
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Learned how to Quickly diagnosed causes of system failure and malfunction to ensure highest operation efficiency, reliability and quality performance standards
Continuous Training.
Digital Recruitment Admissions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is all the training that you get in order to be ready for future projects.
Centennial is always training the staff in order to prepare them with the best tools and skills .
Amazing place and an opportunity to meet new students always
Peer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Good place to work.
Cool environment.
Great people.
They will try to help you whenever you need them.
Awesome infrastructure.
Lots of Networking events, but the manager should be good enough so that you can go out and network.
Pros
Opportunity to meet new students
Cons
Language barrier
Enjoying
Cost Control Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
At Centennial I am part-time cost tutor.
I love this idea to share my knowledge with other students and help them to improve they knowledge and school marks
it is a great environment
Part Time Instructor, School of Engineering (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2016
combination work and life balance at centennial.

I have always loved teaching and students and this is an ideal place which is my part time recreation
HVAC Lab Technician & Instructor
HVAC Lab Technician & Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 18, 2015
• Provide instruction HVAC systems to classes ranging from 10 - 20 students.
• Provide instruction on basic refrigeration systems, cycles and components, system installation, electrical control systems, graphics, math, hand tools, mechanical and electrical skills, refrigerants and refrigeration load calculation, safety, system design,
• Installation, operation, test and repair system components
• Engage students in class instruction by ensuring interesting delivery
• Monitor students’ progress and Evaluate academic achievement and provide extra coaching to lacking students
School
Writer - The Toronto Observer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioNovember 27, 2015
Post-Graduate sports journalism program. Had the opportunity to do play-by-play for the men's and women's basketball teams during their run to the playoffs. Also got to interview coaches and have my broadcast streamed online. Had articles published online from my time in Florida as well as we covered athletes from minor-league affiliates.

4.3