Centennial College Employee Review

View all Centennial College reviews

Had 3 good learning years at College
Student (Former Employee) –  Scarborough ON10 July 2014
Teachers are limited for the Industrial Technologist department. College need to hire more qualified teachers for the betterment of the system.
Pros
Teachers are well behaved.
Cons
Daily classes started 8 in the morning, then had 4 or 6 hours of break and last class finished around 6:30 pm.

Other Centennial College Employee Reviews

A place to keep on growing
Professor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 December 2017
I truly have received an education while working at school. I've learned about dealing with people from all different walks of life and how important empathy in the workplace is. I thought I was supposed to be the teacher but over the years I've come to realize that I am more of a student learning from the people I work with and my students. I feel very grateful for this amazing experience. I LOVE to learn, and the more opportunity I get to be around various people gives me a bigger school to learn from.
Pros
Flexible work schedules.
Cons
Distance. I live an hour away by car and with the traffic the drive keeps getting longer.
rewarding work, low pay/ poor arrangements for tutors
Peer tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2017
worked as a peer tutor. very personally rewarding job for those who enjoy to teach. inconsiderable towards students hours. had to stay in school extra 10 hours every week in case somebody does book an appointment (sometimes 5 min before the actual appointment). some weeks, nobody booked appointments, so staid extra hours in school frequently with no appointments and no pay at all (paid only per hour when i have an appointment).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centennial College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3