Centennial College Employee Reviews

The benefits of Centennial College definitely outweigh the set backs.
Student Environmental technologist/ specialist (Former Employee) –  755 Morningside ave14 March 2017
Although i am referring to school, there were many assignments that were directly related to specific job fields. The work to be completed had to be done as if you were doing it for an employer. For example, Environmental Site Assessments, Water testing, waste audits, Site compliance investigations, population counts and many more. The assignments and reports prepared me to be an environmental technologist in and outside the laboratory.
Pros
expensive, time consuming
Cons
it was difficult to juggle work, school, and sleep.
Fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON10 March 2017
The event was very well organized. The people are very nice. I had a great experience. I was with to help out with their women's and men's volleyball team.
Great educational institution
East York Observer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2017
Centennial is an education without borders, because the world has changed, and so have we. We’ve re-created our College, giving us a unique position in the marketplace and, in fact, the world. And we are now prepared for the next set of challenges: to be more innovative and entrepreneurial; to further exploit the benefits of technology; to creatively engage our employees; to build more bridges with communities and employers; to see our graduates do meaningful work and have meaningful lives.
Internet technology
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
Internet related employment experience
Business employment experience
programming employment experience
general interest experience
administer tests and work assignments
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Few work hours
good experience
Youth Mentor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2017
Good place to work and get experience. pay was minimum wage so I didn't I love it. The Hours are good but the people in charge only a handful were good people.
Pros
good vibe.
Cons
bad pay.
Centennial College Ontario's first College
College Mentor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
Great place to hone in on your strength and weaknesses while excelling on the job and learning administrative vernacular task on how to deal with student being mentored. The most difficult abstract of the employment was not being able to help everyone to achieve their personal goals yet having felt fulfillment endorsing the students whom enrolled and moved forward.
fun place
Campaign Caller (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2017
The management is not that great but there are growth opportunities that can be found because you are usually unsupervised and there aren't any strict guidelines that have to be followed.
Pros
free lunches, great co-workers, nice and clean work environment
Cons
lack of guidance from management
productive and entertaining workplace
Student (Current Employee) –  North York, ON21 January 2017
every day is new day at the workplace in Centennial College
everyone works in a team so as to make the workplace more pleasant and also the management ensures proper job security.
Diversified workplace, great company to work for
Scholarship & Bursary Officer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, Ontario31 December 2016
An organization comprised of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds working towards the same goal - educating students for life and success. Each day, we strive to ensure that our students receive the assistance they need to be successful in their studies and their chosen career path. From financial assistance to tutoring, educational assistance and program advice, we support our students along their chosen career path while abiding by both college and ministry policy and initiatives.

Through my employment, I have had the opportunity to develop my customer service skills through working with individuals from diverse backgrounds. I have learned to adjust to the traits of others to better understand their needs and develop a professional rapport, to be empathetic and courteous, to make suggestions that provide ease of access to the tools and resources available, to work with management to achieve the vision of our department, and to take initiative where needed.

The hardest part of my job is not being able to assist someone that needs my help. Not because I have not tried but because I have to abide by the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of my role and my job.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a smile on the student's face, hear them calling you by name and telling you or someone else how you have helped them, watching them graduate. When they come back and ask if you remember them and tell you how your single decision has made a huge impact on their life and offer to give you a hug or a token of their appreciation. It makes you realize
  more... why you do what you do, why you get up every morning and go to work, why you push through those tough days, and most of all, why you never give up.  less
Excellent Place to work
ESL & non-ESL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 December 2016
Centennial College offers its employees a very relaxed and flexible environment. It accommodates its students and teachers' needs and help them in whatever way possible. Its supportive and friendly staff make work a really enjoyable experience.
is a a proactive and fun place to work because you have the opportunity to interact and know more about college system
Currenty studying Project Management (Current Employee) –  tutor6 December 2016
A typical day at work is keep communication actively with many student and professor too. my co worker are excellent person, honest open to help each other.
Pros
long time totake lunch
Cons
difficult to finish our job en a short time
Productive and fun workplace with gym.
mechanical design drafter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2016
Centennial is school which is studied, so it was very friendly environment with humble staff. It was very interesting to make new designs using inventor.
open to innovative programs and learning techniques
Food Entrepreneurship Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2016
Centennial was willing to give me a chance to develop new curriculum to teach culinary students about a food truck management program. I admire their open mindedness and support in keeping students interested in real world experiences.
Hard working
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
All the staffs are hard working and make sure they do their best in providing support to the student.They keep to time and have good human relationship
Pros
free lunch and snacks
why is a review required
Professor of Project Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
I would rather not review Centennial College as an employer. I'm done with this. Ipso facto latin is a silly language. I wonder if it will rain on the weekend.
Really enjoyable
• Good at Refrigeration Working Diagnosis
• Capable of Troubleshooting A/C unit and Furnace Failures
Great learning experience
Software Engineering Tutor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2016
Great opportunity to share my knowledge and learn from my students. It has helped me develop my soft skills as well as further my technical knowledge in C# and JavaScript.
Below average stability of position of contract teaching
College Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2016
Many examples of instructors simply maintaining their job status due to full time stature with consistently being below student average evaluation
Pros
stable company
Cons
unstable contract per semester
Productive and fun workplace with carnivals and competitions
Student (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 August 2016
Centennial College has many exciting carnival events like a scavenger hunt, bake sale, and poster contest. Centennial College also lets students and staff come together to have a fun competition on keyboarding.
had fun with the kids
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2016
the staff was amazing
enjoyed helping the children
the overall experience was i had fun it wasnt all about the hours you make bonds with the children and i am happy that i was about of that community

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centennial College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3