Centennial College Employee Reviews

Vey tasking institution
Student biotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
Centennial College is an organization that helps people in developing their skills. It was a new experience for me over all. Ability to work in a group of people is key experience for me.
great place to work and grow
Gym Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2017
As a costumer representative, it was my duty to attend and make sure all costumers and guest are well treated. as a costumer service representative, i have learned to communicate effectively, with the right people, at the right place and time. the gym has a great and friendly management, who puts their clients and staffs first at all times, i enjoyed working here, as i am a physical person, who is always willing to take on challenges.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
short hours
Amazing experience as a student ambassador
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2017
It is a great opportunity to work as a student ambassador for Centennial College. Enhances your interpersonal skills and promotes self-development. The work is fun!
Great Benefits
Administrative Assistant to Director/Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 June 2017
Helping students get registered in their English and GNED courses, It is hard having to turn students away if they come too late to register for their courses but they miss so much information that registering late hurts them more. I enjoy learning of the different countries these students come from.
Pros
Courses I can take for less
Cons
Cost of the textbooks
Fun and productive workplace
SFS - Filling Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 June 2017
Very professional workplace environment. Achieved customer service skill. Enjoyed helping students with various information regarding financial service.
Great Learning Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2017
You gain the necessary skills required to get a good research job. They're very helpful in ensuring your success and everyone is such a joy to work with. Good people, good environment, not only great to study at, but also great to work at.
Funny workplace
Biotechnology Technician (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 May 2017
It was beautiful place for job. I am very pleased to my management. Team work is the key to get the best outcome. I enjoy my lab activity and lab instrument. The hardest part of my job was monitoring the accurate lab result.
Fun place to work
Network Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2017
Great and helpful upper level management. Work and life balance is great, However pay is not good. Job culture is good, everyone understand and respect one another.
It is glad that I ever worked in Centennial
Electrical Engineering-Peering Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2017
I am so happy I had chance to work in Centennial College. Ii is a precious experience. During I was working there, the hardest part is how to guide students to understand content in textbooks.
Productive and helpful in gaining experience.
Customer Service Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2017
Studying and learning customer service is good start to career because every time we are dealing with customers at job. With this, I come to know about the requirements, duties of an employee.
Cons
Overall experience working here was great!
Environmental Technologist Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2017
Had the opportunity to work as a Peer Tutor and develop more as a person and share what I learned using different learning style via training. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people from different cultures and gaining positive feedback from the students I tutored.
school
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2017
- good learning environment teachers are very efficient in how they teach the content learned a lot from them even though the commute was long i thoroughly enjoyed learning at this school.
Were willing to allow me time to work as a student.
Student advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2017
They were very understanding and helpful with offering me opportunities as a student. As a student I had to dedicate most of my time to work but they understood. It was an on call basis and they weren't aggressive or invasive at all.
The benefits of Centennial College definitely outweigh the set backs.
Student Environmental technologist/ specialist (Former Employee) –  755 Morningside ave14 March 2017
Although i am referring to school, there were many assignments that were directly related to specific job fields. The work to be completed had to be done as if you were doing it for an employer. For example, Environmental Site Assessments, Water testing, waste audits, Site compliance investigations, population counts and many more. The assignments and reports prepared me to be an environmental technologist in and outside the laboratory.
Pros
expensive, time consuming
Cons
it was difficult to juggle work, school, and sleep.
Fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON10 March 2017
The event was very well organized. The people are very nice. I had a great experience. I was with to help out with their women's and men's volleyball team.
Great educational institution
East York Observer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2017
Centennial is an education without borders, because the world has changed, and so have we. We’ve re-created our College, giving us a unique position in the marketplace and, in fact, the world. And we are now prepared for the next set of challenges: to be more innovative and entrepreneurial; to further exploit the benefits of technology; to creatively engage our employees; to build more bridges with communities and employers; to see our graduates do meaningful work and have meaningful lives.
Internet technology
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
Internet related employment experience
Business employment experience
programming employment experience
general interest experience
administer tests and work assignments
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Few work hours
good experience
Youth Mentor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2017
Good place to work and get experience. pay was minimum wage so I didn't I love it. The Hours are good but the people in charge only a handful were good people.
Pros
good vibe.
Cons
bad pay.
Centennial College Ontario's first College
College Mentor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
Great place to hone in on your strength and weaknesses while excelling on the job and learning administrative vernacular task on how to deal with student being mentored. The most difficult abstract of the employment was not being able to help everyone to achieve their personal goals yet having felt fulfillment endorsing the students whom enrolled and moved forward.
fun place
Campaign Caller (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2017
The management is not that great but there are growth opportunities that can be found because you are usually unsupervised and there aren't any strict guidelines that have to be followed.
Pros
free lunches, great co-workers, nice and clean work environment
Cons
lack of guidance from management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centennial College. Our community is ready to answer.