Centennial College Employee Reviews

rewarding work, low pay/ poor arrangements for tutors
Peer tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2017
worked as a peer tutor. very personally rewarding job for those who enjoy to teach. inconsiderable towards students hours. had to stay in school extra 10 hours every week in case somebody does book an appointment (sometimes 5 min before the actual appointment). some weeks, nobody booked appointments, so staid extra hours in school frequently with no appointments and no pay at all (paid only per hour when i have an appointment).
Fun working at Centennial College
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 October 2017
Typical day at work when I come in is go to the office pick up the exams and set the class room up by turning on the lights, checking the students IDs and giving them the exams, supervising the students writing the exams.After collecting the exams and giving them back to the teachers.
Pros
enjoyed the work
its a fun place to work
International Admissions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2017
In a typical day you deal with students about their problems and questions. Filing the documents and paperwork sometimes get tiring. Dealing with international issues is never easy. But the coworkers are very good and thus it becomes easy to work here.
Good
International Students Ambassador - Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2017
• Provided international students with registration and relevant college information
• Executed administrative duties at the Centennial College International Office
Pros
free lunch
fun work place
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
It was fun working here. It was a volunteer work so you cannot expect anything more. The management is good. It was a good experience working here. You meet a new people everyday and get to know them. You can expand your networking. It will help you get the job easily after graduation and also get references.
Pros
Free services at the college
Cons
Opportunities to meet with some wonderful people
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 August 2017
As a tutor, everyday I had the opportunities to meet some nice people. They come across to find solutions of their academic issues like understanding of any theory or current financial issues. So tutoring is also challenging and interesting also.
Pros
learning opportunities
Cons
low pay
Everyone looks so sad or angry
support staff (Former Employee) –  Progress12 August 2017
The management in most departments are awful. They typically do not know how to treat staff members...the same staff members who do a majority of their work for them each day and are paid significantly less. I have heard horror stories of the School of Business management staff and how they treat their support staff and students. Nothing is managed well there. Local high school students do not want to go here and adult learners don't have much options to go part-time, so the programs are dying.
Pros
good salary and benefits
Cons
terrible management and workplace culture
good place to work
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 August 2017
one of the best place to work as a student. there are several events that was organized by mentors, tutoring the students who need help. and working in a slow paced environment. meeting new students and helping them is one of the best experience.
Fun place to work
Sports Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2017
Centennial college is a great school and it is even better being in the athletics side of it. The staffing is beyond amazing no. And helpful and the overall atmosphere is great.
Pros
Free clothes
Cons
Capped salary
Vey tasking institution
Student biotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
Centennial College is an organization that helps people in developing their skills. It was a new experience for me over all. Ability to work in a group of people is key experience for me.
great place to work and grow
Gym Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2017
As a costumer representative, it was my duty to attend and make sure all costumers and guest are well treated. as a costumer service representative, i have learned to communicate effectively, with the right people, at the right place and time. the gym has a great and friendly management, who puts their clients and staffs first at all times, i enjoyed working here, as i am a physical person, who is always willing to take on challenges.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
short hours
Amazing experience as a student ambassador
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2017
It is a great opportunity to work as a student ambassador for Centennial College. Enhances your interpersonal skills and promotes self-development. The work is fun!
Great Benefits
Administrative Assistant to Director/Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 June 2017
Helping students get registered in their English and GNED courses, It is hard having to turn students away if they come too late to register for their courses but they miss so much information that registering late hurts them more. I enjoy learning of the different countries these students come from.
Pros
Courses I can take for less
Cons
Cost of the textbooks
Fun and productive workplace
SFS - Filling Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 June 2017
Very professional workplace environment. Achieved customer service skill. Enjoyed helping students with various information regarding financial service.
Great Learning Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2017
You gain the necessary skills required to get a good research job. They're very helpful in ensuring your success and everyone is such a joy to work with. Good people, good environment, not only great to study at, but also great to work at.
Funny workplace
Biotechnology Technician (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 May 2017
It was beautiful place for job. I am very pleased to my management. Team work is the key to get the best outcome. I enjoy my lab activity and lab instrument. The hardest part of my job was monitoring the accurate lab result.
Fun place to work
Network Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2017
Great and helpful upper level management. Work and life balance is great, However pay is not good. Job culture is good, everyone understand and respect one another.
It is glad that I ever worked in Centennial
Electrical Engineering-Peering Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2017
I am so happy I had chance to work in Centennial College. Ii is a precious experience. During I was working there, the hardest part is how to guide students to understand content in textbooks.
Productive and helpful in gaining experience.
Customer Service Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2017
Studying and learning customer service is good start to career because every time we are dealing with customers at job. With this, I come to know about the requirements, duties of an employee.
Cons
Overall experience working here was great!
Environmental Technologist Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2017
Had the opportunity to work as a Peer Tutor and develop more as a person and share what I learned using different learning style via training. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people from different cultures and gaining positive feedback from the students I tutored.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centennial College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3