Cenovus Energy Employee Reviews in Canada

Cenovus - decent company
Cost Control Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2016
A good place to work with great salary/benefits but growth horizontal/vertical is limited.Management doesn't look solid as they keep on making lots of changes.
Not as good as it was 5 years ago.
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB.October 15, 2015
Used to be a great place to work, but since the price of oil has tanked, cutbacks are huge. Important jobs have been cut, with still too much management influence.
Pros
Benefits, wages and most co-workers.
Cons
Management, as in Top Brass has a huge disconnect with the workers.
Good Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABApril 1, 2016
I was asked to set up their login process for people to swipe their cards I would monitor the manpower count sheet each morning as to how many people were on site at any given time.
Co-Workers were great to work with we worked on a mod yard I was in the main building and in there were about 25 other employees we all worked well together.
Hardest part of the job were the hours - very long days.
Most enjoyable was the experience of learning something new and also management were really good to get along with.
Very relaxed place to work with an excess of employees.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 5, 2016
Cenovus is well known as the "Country Club" of energy companies in downtown Calgary for good reason. Work/life balance is paramount and overstaffing is how this is accomplished. Great place at the end of a career for a relaxed lifestyle but lacking opportunity for learning in early career.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Lacking opportunity for learning/advancement
A good place to work.
Civil Earthworks consultant (Former Employee) –  Christina lake plantFebruary 2, 2016
Cenovus is a company going through growing pains.

There hiring process is terrible for positions in Calgary and in the field. The employee turn around is enormous. 23 people were hired and fired in my 5 years at my location.

They have personnel over seeing projects and subordinates with less to no experience in the fields they were hired to over see.
Pros
great work schedule
Cons
corporate support and hiring process
At Cenovus Energy, Foster Creek, the safety of the people always came first.
CMT E&I Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Foster Creek, Cold Lake Air Weapons RangeFebruary 28, 2016
Cenovus Energy at Foster Creek is one of the very few companies I have ever worked for that put the safety of the workforce first. No matter the crisis of the day, the scheduled milestones, or the downturn of the economy, the directive was always ensure the safety of the people.
Pros
Very approachable management team.
Cons
Economic downturn
A great place to work before the downturn happened.
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 23, 2016
Solid management and corporate culture. The way the cuts and pending cuts are being handled does not align with the corporate strategy from the past. Low internal moral at moment.
Company prides itself for being a fair and equitable employer. I found this to be true.
analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 30, 2015
Typically begin work around 7 AM and leave around 5 PM. Good working environment, Employees are energetic and focused. Senior management focus is now on strategic planning with emphasis on sales and marketing of oil as opposed to the production of oil. This change in strategic thinking will serve the company better in the future.
Pros
Great working enviroment, good competative pay, good long term incentives
Cons
long work hrs
Fast paced & enjoyable atmosphere
Electrical Lead (Former Employee) –  Foster Creek, ABNovember 5, 2015
Your ideas are heard with this company and usually executed. Great co-workers. Knowledgeable management. High quality work place safety culture. Nice camp accommodations.
Pros
Camp style accommodations
Great team environment
Earthworks Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake, ABMay 17, 2016
Attend Contractor safety meetings, schedule review with contractor superintendent, office/data entry. Team meeting, office work. Teamwork was a must and we all worked together and were united. Cenovus was the best company I have worked for, they treated me very well during the time I was with them.
Pros
Great Experience
Good working environment
ASSET DATA TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2016
Cenovus has good work/life balance however the long term planning seems to be lacking. The critical feedback provided by key experienced people goes in vain.
Pros
Great team to work with.
Progressive and Innovative Company
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 25, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Cenovus. The company is staffed by very bright and hard working individuals who are committed to the goals and vision of leadership. Even throughout the tough O&G downturn, staff remained focused and professional.
Drilling Superintendent in several areas.
Drilling Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 11, 2015
I ran operations for several areas
I learned a great deal more about Manage Pressure drilling and SAGD wells.
Management was a revolving door.
My co-workers were great.
The most challenging was drilling high pressure well and getting the liners set.
The most enjoyable were the good people I worked with and the great people in the field.
Pros
The safety culture.
Cons
The anount of drilling managers we had.
The experience at Cenovus was educational.
Contracted as E&I coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nisku ABJuly 7, 2016
Typical day of work involved interaction with some competent and enthusiastic individuals with a common goal. Most were aware of the importance in team building and aware of their responsibilities.
Excellent
Summer Legal Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 2, 2016
Excellent company to work for and extremely helpful employees allowed me to have a great summer researching for the legal department. Their ability to include a summer student in day-to-day activities within the legal group as well as the other areas of Cenovus Energy allowed me an incredible opportunity to gain first hand knowledge and experience.
A very balanced and respectful IT organization
Project Delivery Manager, IT PMO (Former Employee) –  CalgarySeptember 14, 2015
Cenovus' IT was serviced by approximately 80% contract resources, and even though this might in some circumstances introduce a culture of multiple personal agendas, did not prove to be this way. The leadership was equally respectful of both the needs and expectations of employees and contractors, making this a very good organization to work with.
Pros
Balanced work-life balance expectations
Cons
Lengthy decision-making process
Great opportunity to learn and grow your career
Private Information (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 14, 2016
Great opportunity to learn and grow your career, exposed to all facets of the company and the industry. Recommend employer.
Cenovus community involvement
Sr.QA Analyst/UAT Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 23, 2016
Cenovus strives to provide meaningful and lasting economic and social development opportunities that benefit both our
business and the communities where we work and live
Fun place to work
Wellsite Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Southern AlbertaJuly 6, 2016
I learned a lot from many knowledgeable colleagues, very team oriented company to work for with safety and efficiency being a top priority.
Pros
Team culture
Great potential
Business Analyst/SharePoint Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2016
This company started out with great potential and applied innovation and know how to become the low cost producer it is today. Sadly world events outside of it's control are now creating extraordinary challenges that will have to be overcome in the very near future.