Cenovus Energy Employee Review

View all Cenovus Energy reviews

Productive working environment with excellent camp facilities.
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB18 February 2014
Typical day started at 6:00a and ended at 5:30p. Work was always interesting and constant. Construction Reps and Management were co-operative and accommodating. They answered any questions I had which satisfied my inquisitive personality. Hardest part of the job for me was stopping at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interesting people I came in contact with and the good friends I made.
Pros
Great camp facilities (food, recreation, etc.)
Cons
Wasn't allowed outside due its location in a Wildlife preserve.

Other Cenovus Energy Employee Reviews

Went from great to deplorable
H&S Advisor (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake, AB21 February 2018
Cenovus was a great company to work for when times were good..... But that's where it ends.

The dip in oil prices brought with it a highly political environment where only the ones in the good old boys club would survive the cuts.

Moral when I left the company was at an all time low. Nobody cared about their job performance, because it didn't seem to matter how good of a job you did there was never any room or money for advancement or reward.

I would not recommend anybody work for Cenovus. You are only a number that can come and go with the ebb and flow of the volatile heavy oil prices.
Pros
Decent base salary, nice camps on remote site.
Cons
Fear and intimidation tactics used as motivativational techniques by many managers.
Very relaxed environment but lately a lot of change
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2018
- days are usually a bit slower since it is a larger corporation, everything needs to be approved and follow a process
- there are always a lot of meetings, hard to get anything done if you're super busy
- workplace culture is great, everyone is pretty friendly, on the quiet side
- spread out in many different buildings, so being in IT, a lot of walking to different areas of the city to attend meetings
- lately a lot of change so not much has been getting done, org changes every few months it seems!
Pros
extra fridays off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cenovus Energy. Our community is ready to answer.