Cenovus Energy Employee Reviews

Productive,
Mechanical Construction Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB9 February 2017
Cenovus was a great company to work for. Very busy every day on shift. I did learn lots with Cenovus, mostly in a management position, The overall culture was awesome until the downturn of the oil sector. Attitudes at end of the job were negative as we try to keep the morel up with the workers. Knowing that the new construction was almost over and learning that my part of the job was closing was very hard. I loved working for Cenovus . The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that the workers were safe each day and they were happy.
Pros
Great people
Cons
New construction always ends
Great project to be a part of
Thermal Operator (Former Employee) –  Pelican Lake, AB24 January 2017
Great support from engineering team and the ability to actively participate in the research development heavy oil plays.

Excellent management team especially on the thermal side

Risk based safety culture that met and addressed safety needs while providing a framework in which productivity and efficiency could be maintained.

Calgary team was able to provide the tools necessary to meet the objective.
one of the greatest work environment
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2017
this company is the best company in my IT career. I wished to retire in this company. they support good life and work balance. good work environment. good management.
Overall a good place to work
Senior Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 April 2016
Cenovus prides itself on being a top employer, providing competitive salaries and benefits. Management promotes a healthy & safe work environment.
Productive place
Distribution of staff work areas (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake, AB9 May 2016
Great compagny ! They do take care of you .
Great salary , great place to works
Planning of the days is always a suprise
Thanks to them to trust my work with them
Great learning opportunities and dynamic worker but not enough job security
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 September 2016
The workers in the field are very strong. Cenovus safety culture goes above and beyond but unfortunately there isn't much for job stability and possibilities for advancement.
Cenovus - decent company
Cost Control Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2016
A good place to work with great salary/benefits but growth horizontal/vertical is limited.Management doesn't look solid as they keep on making lots of changes.
Could be better.
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 December 2016
Great co-workers and hours.
Decision making is done without consultation. Experience is often not recognized.
Lack of direction and team collaboration.
Pros
Hours, people
Cons
Too much middle management, lack of direction
great fun work place
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  coldlake8 September 2016
paper work gather gear build a scaffold management would come check on us from time to time ask how your day was going co workers where great every one got along hardest part of the job being out side in the elements all the time most enjoyable part of the job working and learning new things meeting new people and making friends
Pros
free lunches we kept the same camp rooms
Cons
working in the elements
Challenge to Provide Quality and Service in Realtime
Senior Piping Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chistina Lake, Alberta7 November 2016
During my time at Cenovus I worked with some of the most professional and dedicated people I have ever met. It was a great learning opportunity for me to be based in a site position and be involved with providing practical and immediate solutions to situations in both construction and operating scenarios.
Worst Management in the Oil Industry
Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Alberta29 September 2016
This company has been run,right into the ground,thats what poor overpaid management does,it wont be long until they run out of money and sell off conventional oil,to sell off their royalties was the stupidest move Ive ever seen.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant & Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 October 2016
Came into the job without experience, had many positive people & mentors to help me learn everything I needed to know about how to be an effective asset to the company.I took many courses for both soft & hard skill development.
Pros
Personal growth & development
Cons
As the economy worsened, people became petty
Good place to work new challanges and experiences
Well Delivery Safety Advisor - SAGD Operations (Current Employee) –  Conklin, AB12 August 2016
Most days typically start at 05:00 on an 8 in and 6 out schedule. Work with an excellent team of professionals that know how to get the job done and enjoy their work at the same time.
Work can be challenging at times with the economy on a current prolonged down turn.
Hardest part of the job is watching talented/dedicated co-workers being let go due to current economic conditions.
Pros
Work atmospere and team
Cons
7 hour drive to and from work location in winter weather.
Fair place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alberta18 December 2016
Cenovus is a good fair company. Going through a re-structure phase. Hopefully returns to it's former glory. Provides good training for it's staff and is very safety orientated.
Clean camp and friendly environment.
Day-Tech RFO (Current Employee) –  Foster Creek3 August 2016
Each day can present a new challenge that will need to be met with colaberation , investigation and team consultation to determine the best action to take. The routine is that you can never anticipate, or plan out expected plant deficiencies even with repeated observation checks by all members of the team. Be prepared to interact with all team members in a professional, courteous manner which makes the days fun, rewarding and personally gratifying.
Not as good as it was 5 years ago.
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB.15 October 2015
Used to be a great place to work, but since the price of oil has tanked, cutbacks are huge. Important jobs have been cut, with still too much management influence.
Pros
Benefits, wages and most co-workers.
Cons
Management, as in Top Brass has a huge disconnect with the workers.
Satisfying work environment
Mechanical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Christina Lake, AB28 July 2016
Cenovus provides a safe work place, and are innovation orientated. Working for them has been a good experience. The last couple years have been hard on the company and this has reflected on the employees through job and staff cuts.
Pros
Flights to and from site are provided by Cenovus
Cons
Wage and hours cut. Many layoffs.
Active fast paced Strat drilling program.
Drilling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Foster creek, air base14 August 2016
Cenovus was a great company to work for, high energy, great feed back for our superintendent. Was a short term employment, but i met a lot of great people and learnt a lot. would definitely work for them in the future.
Good Company
Energy Asset Management Analyst, Compliance (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2016
Cenovus is a good company to work for. However, few things may need improvement. I would recommend Cenovus to friends and family.
Good Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB1 April 2016
I was asked to set up their login process for people to swipe their cards I would monitor the manpower count sheet each morning as to how many people were on site at any given time.
Co-Workers were great to work with we worked on a mod yard I was in the main building and in there were about 25 other employees we all worked well together.
Hardest part of the job were the hours - very long days.
Most enjoyable was the experience of learning something new and also management were really good to get along with.