Cenovus Energy

Cenovus Energy Employee Reviews

Great learning opportunities and dynamic worker but not enough job security
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 28, 2016
The workers in the field are very strong. Cenovus safety culture goes above and beyond but unfortunately there isn't much for job stability and possibilities for advancement.
great fun work place
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  coldlakeSeptember 8, 2016
paper work gather gear build a scaffold management would come check on us from time to time ask how your day was going co workers where great every one got along hardest part of the job being out side in the elements all the time most enjoyable part of the job working and learning new things meeting new people and making friends
Pros
free lunches we kept the same camp rooms
Cons
working in the elements
Active fast paced Strat drilling program.
Drilling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Foster creek, air baseAugust 14, 2016
Cenovus was a great company to work for, high energy, great feed back for our superintendent. Was a short term employment, but i met a lot of great people and learnt a lot. would definitely work for them in the future.
Good place to work new challanges and experiences
Well Delivery Safety Advisor - SAGD Operations (Current Employee) –  Conklin, ABAugust 12, 2016
Most days typically start at 05:00 on an 8 in and 6 out schedule. Work with an excellent team of professionals that know how to get the job done and enjoy their work at the same time.
Work can be challenging at times with the economy on a current prolonged down turn.
Hardest part of the job is watching talented/dedicated co-workers being let go due to current economic conditions.
Pros
Work atmospere and team
Cons
7 hour drive to and from work location in winter weather.
Good Company
Energy Asset Management Analyst, Compliance (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 8, 2016
Cenovus is a good company to work for. However, few things may need improvement. I would recommend Cenovus to friends and family.
Clean camp and friendly environment.
Day-Tech RFO (Current Employee) –  Foster CreekAugust 3, 2016
Each day can present a new challenge that will need to be met with colaberation , investigation and team consultation to determine the best action to take. The routine is that you can never anticipate, or plan out expected plant deficiencies even with repeated observation checks by all members of the team. Be prepared to interact with all team members in a professional, courteous manner which makes the days fun, rewarding and personally gratifying.
Satisfying work environment
Mechanical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Christina Lake, ABJuly 28, 2016
Cenovus provides a safe work place, and are innovation orientated. Working for them has been a good experience. The last couple years have been hard on the company and this has reflected on the employees through job and staff cuts.
Pros
Flights to and from site are provided by Cenovus
Cons
Wage and hours cut. Many layoffs.
Progressive and Innovative Company
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 25, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Cenovus. The company is staffed by very bright and hard working individuals who are committed to the goals and vision of leadership. Even throughout the tough O&G downturn, staff remained focused and professional.
The experience at Cenovus was educational.
Contracted as E&I coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nisku ABJuly 7, 2016
Typical day of work involved interaction with some competent and enthusiastic individuals with a common goal. Most were aware of the importance in team building and aware of their responsibilities.
Good place to work for
Field Operator (Current Employee) –  FieldJuly 6, 2016
Good place to work but due to the resent recession, flaws within the company have been brought to attention and a major concern being poor management.
Fun place to work
Wellsite Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Southern AlbertaJuly 6, 2016
I learned a lot from many knowledgeable colleagues, very team oriented company to work for with safety and efficiency being a top priority.
Pros
Team culture
Cons
Chaos at times but good pay
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 24, 2016
Young company that is going through some growing pains as it changes to survive in low oil price environment. Lots of good people. Pay is fair.
Cenovus community involvement
Sr.QA Analyst/UAT Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 23, 2016
Cenovus strives to provide meaningful and lasting economic and social development opportunities that benefit both our
business and the communities where we work and live
Great team environment
Earthworks Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake, ABMay 17, 2016
Attend Contractor safety meetings, schedule review with contractor superintendent, office/data entry. Team meeting, office work. Teamwork was a must and we all worked together and were united. Cenovus was the best company I have worked for, they treated me very well during the time I was with them.
Pros
Great Experience
Productive place
Distribution of staff work areas (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake, ABMay 9, 2016
Great compagny ! They do take care of you .
Great salary , great place to works
Planning of the days is always a suprise
Thanks to them to trust my work with them
great place to work
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake, ABApril 19, 2016
They were a pretty company to work for, for the time I was there.
Seemed liked they cared about their employees and safety a lot
focused workplace
(PEIMS) Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 15, 2016
the main goal was to achieve schedule on time and on budget safely. a good team environment where everyone was wanting to help each other out.
Overall a good place to work
Senior Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 9, 2016
Cenovus prides itself on being a top employer, providing competitive salaries and benefits. Management promotes a healthy & safe work environment.
Good Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABApril 1, 2016
I was asked to set up their login process for people to swipe their cards I would monitor the manpower count sheet each morning as to how many people were on site at any given time.
Co-Workers were great to work with we worked on a mod yard I was in the main building and in there were about 25 other employees we all worked well together.
Hardest part of the job were the hours - very long days.
Most enjoyable was the experience of learning something new and also management were really good to get along with.
Cenovus - decent company
Cost Control Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2016
A good place to work with great salary/benefits but growth horizontal/vertical is limited.Management doesn't look solid as they keep on making lots of changes.