Cenovus Energy

Cenovus Energy Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place to Work
Contracted Full-time Winter Project Role (Former Employee), Conklin, ABMarch 7, 2014
First time working for Cenovus and really enjoyed the work and the clients.
Best Job I ever had
I.T. Analyst - Contractor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: it was a temporary job
Creating processes for document control
Create website for Continuous Improvement
Create marketing systems for efficiency

Best management staff I've ever encountered...I don't say that lightly
Management exposed me to the finer details that are above just the work tasks of doing a set of processes

Best part...people were available for addressing questions – more... which helps to motivate a job well done – less
Best of class in synergy
Senior Web Architect (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: organization of it resources
Cons: compensation a tad low
I participated in the large project to split Encana and Cenovus. Subsequently remained to sort out the Cenovus resources and assets. What a fine tuned IT organization. All the IT staff became and will remain my friends.

Compensation was a tad low, but I stayed because I wanted to.
Productive working environment with excellent camp facilities.
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee), Bonnyville, ABFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: great camp facilities (food, recreation, etc.)
Cons: wasn't allowed outside due its location in a wildlife preserve.
Typical day started at 6:00a and ended at 5:30p. Work was always interesting and constant. Construction Reps and Management were co-operative and accommodating. They answered any questions I had which satisfied my inquisitive personality. Hardest part of the job for me was stopping at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interesting – more... people I came in contact with and the good friends I made. – less
Productive place to work at
Accounts Payable Technician (Contract) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: team lunches
Cons: long hours
Company offers no advancement.
friendly co-workers.
management not fair.
Friendly and Professional
Document Controler (Former Employee), Christina Lake, ABJuly 3, 2013
Everyone helping one another to accomplish the daily work. Walk into an office and you will get a response or you'll be directed to the next best person to talk to.
Fun work environment.
SAFETY COMES FIRST!! is very visible at Cenovus.
loved my job
Orientation/Admin (Former Employee), Christina Lake, ABJune 19, 2013
Pros: dealing with something new everyday
Cons: negativity within
Long hrs, good pay, wonderful clients. New challenges everyday, must be flexible and think outside the box sometimes
Wonderful enviroment, great experience, provides all the comforts of home, fitness equip and programs are excellent
Office Assistant-Particum (Former Employee), Christina LakeMarch 26, 2013
Pros: people, accomplishment, food, gym, accomadations, entertainment for after hours
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work started at 6:00 am. The enviroment was warm, friendly and inviting. I greeted clients as they came in the door. Helped them to get through Orientation and back to work as fast as we could. Part of my job was making sure everyone left with a smile. I facilitated the Orientation and Safety classes and entered clients on spreadsheet.
I – more... learned what certifications were required by the Company for all incoming contractors, what departments to enter clients under, and it was important to know Department Leads and where to find them.
Management was open, helpful, and caring. My co-workers were warm, friendly, patient, and knowledgeable.
The hardest part of this job was getting up in the morning. I grew accustom to the hours and it was a little easier.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the fulfillment it gave me to be part of a working team. My self-esteem and self-worth grew as I worked hard to do my part.
It was a great learning experience for me. – less
Environmentally Sustainable Workplace, Respectful
Quality Assurance Administrator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: every first and third friday off
Cons: contract status would prefer permanent status
Diversity of work responsibilities is the best part of this job. I enjoy the many opportunities for computer software and oil sands related training. My co-workers are helpful and respectful.
Good place to work.
Data Entry (Former Employee), Bonnyville, ABDecember 19, 2012
Pros: decent pay.
Cons: long drive to work.
Safety Administration: Compile data and create Safety Reports, data entry, take minutes at meeings, monitor and update "Spot Device" and general office duties. A good group of people to work with.
Innovative and challenging
Cost control (Current Employee), NiskuDecember 4, 2012
Pros: innovative and challenging
Cons: lesser-experienced intermediate managers
Young dynamic company that values innovation and motivation. emphasis on work:life balance. Potential for career growth and advancement.
Fun place to work
IT Access Admin (Current Employee), CalgaryJuly 12, 2012
Having two Fridays off in a month. Work place is very friendly and it does has a family oriented base.
Good work environment
IT Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 28, 2012
It was a great learning experience. The hardest part was at the beginning when I had to familiarize myself with a new "language", IT.
Cenovus is a very good company to work for
HSE Advisor (Current Employee), Fort McMurrayMarch 26, 2012
Cenovus has a great team building and also was very professional.
Fun, Fast and Smart "never a dull moment"; Growing "has the cash and the plan"
Human Resources (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaSeptember 1, 2011
Pros: openness to innovation
Cenovus is a cool new best in class Canadian energy company loaded with bright people and ideas. It's a great place to be!

– January 21, 2013

Having a plan to hire 80% of thier staff to be under 30 and of color will be the downfall of a company that had great potential. If your 50 and a white male, don't waste your time with these guys.

About Cenovus Energy

Cenovus Energy is a Canadian oil company. They're committed to applying fresh, progressive thinking to safely and responsibly – Read more