Cenovus Energy

Cenovus Energy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Terrible New Grad Program
New Grad (Current Employee), CalgaryOctober 24, 2014
Pros: 1st and 3rd friday off
Cons: no development
- Terrible New Grad Program compare to peers. TAKE ANOTHER OFFER and WALK AWAY! Do not waste your first 5 years of career development with this company!
- The positive cultures are changing. CVE hired a ton of bad leads/managers in the last 2-3 years.
- Zero career development, no development support from your leads/managers. They just DO NOT CARE.
- – more... New grad committee controls your life. Your career goal means nothing to them. They randomly rotates new grads into different roles without considering people's preferences or wants. Majority of the members on the committee don't even talk to you or know your face. Good luck trying to get into the group you want.
- CVE over hired and now they do not know what to do with their new grads.
- NO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY. Engineering New Grads> Geologist > Finance > HR > Summer Students > Accounting. So if you are an accounting new grad, PICK ANOTHER COMPANY OR FIRM! – less
Changing culture
Director (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: transactional, no longer transformative
Great company experiencing difficult culture, operating and identity issues.
Good Company to work for
Production Operator (Current Employee), Brooks, AlbertaSeptember 26, 2014
Great Benefits,shift work,some overtime,good people to work with
Cenovus Energy
E/I Engineering Tech (Current Employee), Foster Creek facility.September 20, 2014
Pros: real world construction experience, tons of interacting with the contracts dept.
Cons: being away from home.
I worked at the Foster Creek facility on the construction of phase F and G dealing with engineering and construction issues as they came up, great way to tie my design engineering experience with real world construction at a major facility across all disciplines.

An average day is chaotic, lots of interacting with the other engineering disciplines – more... and departments, the engineering team (located in another city) and the contractors doing the work.

It was a young management team, I don't know if I learned alot, but it was invigorating. My co-workers were awesome, definately some bright minds.

The most difficult part of the job was meeting/preparing for the changes in schedule, time lines changed daily, almost hourly. I am must more organized and so it was a challenge.

The most enjoyable part of this job was working with the young engineers and techs, all of them were smart and had positive attitudes. I enjoyed putting together the scorecards and progressing reports for the work that was completed. – less
very productive
Earthworks Supervisor (Former Employee), Various locations in western CanadaSeptember 11, 2014
good working environment
enjoyable
learned a lot
good co workers
Great company, just issues with progressing throughout career
Operator (Current Employee), BrooksAugust 30, 2014
Pros: some free lunches, great bonuses
Cons: progression
Maintain processing reliability and product quality in the plant while optimizing production volumes in a safe environment
Prepare equipment for maintenance in a safe and efficient manner
Monitor equipment and process parameters
Great work place
SAGD Pilot Project (Current Employee), Pelican Lake ABAugust 18, 2014
-Daily rounds
-Create Work Orders
-Keep log book up to date
-Daily plant issues
-Great co workers
-Alright Camp
Great Company
Student Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 10, 2014
I really enjoyed working for cenovus. They are focused on employee safety and happiness.
Workplace environment is second to none, everyone that I dealt with at Cenovus was a pleasure
Technical Team Lead App Support (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 10, 2014
the people and environment were great but the was not enough works for the amount of work that needed to be acomplished
weak management
Sr Analyst (Former Employee), CalgaryMay 29, 2014
Pros: free pop; casual friday; second friday off
Cons: very political; no follow through
siloed operations; entrenched senior and mid level managers that do not cooperate; preparing for growth by unmanaged change; bringing outsiders in as opposed to promoting from within
An awesome place to work.
QA Analyst/Coordinator (Former Employee), calgary,ABMay 26, 2014
Cenovus Energy is an organisation which utilizes all the resources efficiently and cares for providing the best to its stakeholders (employees, customers, shareholders, suppliers, supporting industries) and of course society.
Excellent site assignment, good camp facilities, and good people
DCS Site Support Specialist (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: great site assignment
Cons: two week on two week o.ff rotation was a little long
Good balance between PLC work and Honeywell DCS work. The other members of the team were good at their job and easy to work with. There was a feeling of comradery and being a valuable part of the group.
Contract Work
Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMarch 9, 2014
Pros: 2 long weekends per month
Cons: lack of direction from management
I was hired under contract to satisfy requirements the business had over the last year. My coworkers were great to work with and the job was challenging.
Great Place to Work
Contracted Full-time Winter Project Role (Former Employee), Conklin, ABMarch 7, 2014
First time working for Cenovus and really enjoyed the work and the clients.
Best Job I ever had
I.T. Analyst - Contractor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: it was a temporary job
Creating processes for document control
Create website for Continuous Improvement
Create marketing systems for efficiency

Best management staff I've ever encountered...I don't say that lightly
Management exposed me to the finer details that are above just the work tasks of doing a set of processes

Best part...people were available for addressing questions – more... which helps to motivate a job well done – less
Best of class in synergy
Senior Web Architect (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: organization of it resources
Cons: compensation a tad low
I participated in the large project to split Encana and Cenovus. Subsequently remained to sort out the Cenovus resources and assets. What a fine tuned IT organization. All the IT staff became and will remain my friends.

Compensation was a tad low, but I stayed because I wanted to.
Productive working environment with excellent camp facilities.
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee), Bonnyville, ABFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: great camp facilities (food, recreation, etc.)
Cons: wasn't allowed outside due its location in a wildlife preserve.
Typical day started at 6:00a and ended at 5:30p. Work was always interesting and constant. Construction Reps and Management were co-operative and accommodating. They answered any questions I had which satisfied my inquisitive personality. Hardest part of the job for me was stopping at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interesting – more... people I came in contact with and the good friends I made. – less
Productive place to work at
Accounts Payable Technician (Contract) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: team lunches
Cons: long hours
Company offers no advancement.
friendly co-workers.
management not fair.
Friendly and Professional
Document Controler (Former Employee), Christina Lake, ABJuly 3, 2013
Everyone helping one another to accomplish the daily work. Walk into an office and you will get a response or you'll be directed to the next best person to talk to.
Fun work environment.
SAFETY COMES FIRST!! is very visible at Cenovus.
loved my job
Orientation/Admin (Former Employee), Christina Lake, ABJune 19, 2013
Pros: dealing with something new everyday
Cons: negativity within
Long hrs, good pay, wonderful clients. New challenges everyday, must be flexible and think outside the box sometimes

About Cenovus Energy

Cenovus Energy is a Canadian oil company. They're committed to applying fresh, progressive thinking to safely and responsibly – Read more