Cenovus Energy Inc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Organized and team oriented
PAS Support (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaDecember 15, 2015
Pros: Lunch and Learn
Good Company with one objective working towards meeting the goal every year. Each department contributes towards the success of the Company.
Great work environment and people
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 12, 2015
Pros: First and Third Friday off each month
Cons: Price of oil dropped so low, budget was decreased as was work and # of employees.
Assisted Vice-President, Operations, Planning and Land with his calendar management and meeting set-up. Assist in getting Project Approval Request documents signed by Executives. Scan executed document and store on Livelink and Sharepoint electronic document control system. I learned about electronic document control.
It was a very respectful work place. Management and co-workers were professional and great people to work with. The hardest part of my job was seeing the quantity of work decrease due to downturn in the industry and ultimately getting laid off. The best part of my job was the people who I worked with in my department. I worked very well with my Boss and co-workers.
Great place for people to advance technical skills
Group Lead Reservoir Engineering Team (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 5, 2015
Pros: Good work life balance
Cons: Single minded strategy around being an oil sands company regardless of the costs
Good oil sands company with the best SAGD assets in the industry
Needs to address cost structure.
Great conventional assets. Value of these assets is not yet fully unlocked
Great student programme
Engineering Student (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2015
The student programme teaches you a lot about Cenovus and the oil and gas industry. Great opportunity to network within the industry.
Interesting place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 23, 2015
Pros: 2 Fridays off a month
Most people had room for advancement,not so much in administration.
Was a good variety in my position, and enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Was a challenging workplace, however little opportunity to move to other postitions even if qualified
Principal Energy Markets (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2015
Pros: Always learning
Cons: Long hrs.
Cenovus is a company which has the ability to grow and be one of the top Energy companies in North America. The area I worked in started at 7 AM or earlier and went through the world geopolitical and other events around the world which may have affected the oil or natural gas pricing. My first meeting was at 6:45 to update the natural gas team on natural gas flows etc. and to inform pricing forecast going forward. My group was responsible for the price forecast and hedging recommendations and hedging execution. thus we were always updating supply and demand fundamentals as well as world economic conditions.
Cenovus
H&S Advisor (Current Employee), Foster CreekOctober 7, 2015
I had a great working environment working with Cenovus. The team here on site was excellent. This company still has a long way to go in development of there safety policies and procedures, to become one of the leaders in safety they are trying to be.
Great work environment and company
Business Process Analyst / Technical Writer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 28, 2015
Pros: tremendous learning and growth opportunities
Cons: long hours due to tight deadlines
Due to a restructuring of a business group and declining oil prices my position along with several others was no longer required. I enjoyed my time with this company and was fortunate to have fabulous learning and growth opportunities.

My co-workers and managers were supportive, helpful, and enjoyable to work with.

The most enjoyable part of my job was interaction with team members and group leads. The most difficult was juggling multiple projects with tight deadlines.
Fun and Progressive place to work
GIS Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 8, 2015
Cenovus Energy is a really nice company to work with. It offers opportunity for professional growth through training.
Great work/team environment
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee), Foster Creek, AlbertaJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Positive work environment
Cons: Evacuation execution could be better
Cenovus has created a great work environment, they encourage, support and provide constant learning with regards to health and safety and on the job training. Durring the time employees are not working there are organized sports and recreational activities. Cenovus strives to make sure associates, contractors and employees do not get too complacient durring work or off work. Safety is key durring work hours and at home.
Plant Operator (Former Employee), Conklin, ABMay 28, 2015
People are great, food is awesome, compensation is good, lots of opportunities for advancment. I reccoment Cenovus to everyone looking for a job in the oil and gas industry.
Great friendly atmosphere
Contract Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Foster CreekMarch 4, 2015
Pros: able to work with little supervision
Cons: long days
This was a great place to work with amazing people. It was great to expand into the Oil & Gas Admin industry. No day was the same as my duties were vast enough that there was no monotony
Very nice place to work - treat their staff very nice
Facilities Analyst, Continuous Improvement Lead (Former Employee), CalgaryFebruary 26, 2015
Very understanding when issues arise. I've found both supervisors I've had here to be willing to take the time to discuss anything that may arise, troubleshoot, offer suggestions and are all very supportive.
Safety Technician (Former Employee), Conklin, ABJanuary 24, 2015
i would recommend people to work at Cenovus anytime great people to work with and they also have a great safety culture.

Only thing is that when it came down to the pay things didn't work out

\
Great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Nisku, ABJanuary 7, 2015
Great company, great people to work with and good management.
Good Company to work for
Contract Field Project Coordinator - Oil Sands (Current Employee), conklin, ABDecember 30, 2014
I loved working at site and being able to concentrate on my job. The only down part is I work on contract so job security is not there. With the recent commodities price drop, many of us got laid off in an instant.
Management is OK. typical construction environment.
It was fine
Infrastructure Architect (Current Employee), calgary.abNovember 20, 2014
They are struggling to get their architecture practice levelled out. However they're working on it and aware of challenges. Otherwise it's a decent environment.
No comment
Legal Assistant (Former Employee), CalgarySeptember 21, 2014
Innovative company, good place to work.
My day to day work or typical adminstrative work which can be discussed in interviews.
Document Management
Sr. Advisor/Field Document Control Lead (Current Employee), Lac La Biche, ABJuly 30, 2014
- The Field is a very demanding position to work
- Lots of Change Management in processes
- Friendly environment
- Not many opportunities
Amazing company to work for, great people to work for and with
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), ABAugust 25, 2013
Cenovus is an amazing company to work with, they provide great benefits and provide competitive wages. The people within Cenovus are smart, friendly and compassionate.