MANAGER, SUPPLY CHAIN AND LOGISTICS
As the Manager, Supply Chain and Logistics, you will be accountable for leading and coordinating the overall management of purchasing, inventory control and logistics and be a key contributor to the competitiveness and success of the company.
As the Manager, Supply Chain and Logistics you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- developing, implementing, and managing optimal procurement and logistics processes;
- developing and implementing supply chain strategies;
- maintaining an awareness of appropriate commodity and service market intelligence and keeping up to date on industry “best practices”;
- maintaining relationships with other external and internal supply chain professionals and network to ensure best practices are achieved;
- managing supplier engagement relationships to generate maximum value for the organization;
- working to build partnerships across all lines of the business to achieve the best possible business results;
- analyzing market and delivery systems to evaluate present and future material availability; and,
- identifying vendors and meeting with them in order to determine product availability and terms of sale, as well as recognize changing service requirements.
As an ideal candidate, your background will include:
- a Supply Chain Management Professional designation (SCMP), coupled with a Business or Commerce degree;
- progressively responsible commodity supply chain and management experience in the oil and gas industry;
- strong negotiation skills, coupled with the ability to maintain positive relationships;
- a hands-on, operationally-oriented focus with a value-added approach;
- being visible and physically available to all stakeholders, with the willingness and ability to travel;
- an understanding of external economic effects on commodity-based industries; and,
- knowledge of and experience with global transportation logistics.
For additional information and/or to forward your resume, (quoting Project #3004), please contact:
Melissa Thomas, RPR
Executive Search Consultant
1100, 1015 – 4 Street SW
Calgary, AB T2R 1J4
Toll Free: 1.800.387.8797
E-mail responses are preferred so as they can be electronically added to our database. By applying to the position of Manager, Supply Chain and Logistics, you are providing us with permission to review your résumé and to share your background with this specific client only. In relation to future Searches, we assure you that the information you provide will be treated in the strictest confidence. We would like to retain your résumé in our database and would contact you when other opportunities arise.